Home

Should i install 1.04?

JandoFett1842

if you d/l it please have a version 1.3 still rdy for download.

1.4 is nothing but n00bie no skill playing pampering.

i kept 1.4 becuase my 5 year old son can play as good as most players now LOL..the funny thing is,thats the truth.

i would say no to the download,and this patch has put us in a state of cival war,lot of servers dropped.

Conditionally, yes. But only if you find and play on a server that has damagescale increased to at least 2 (prefereably 3), ghoul2 off and sabertrace off. Install this patch and play on this servers IF...

You DO NOT want to have the computer hold your hand when it comes to blocking.

You DO want a to be able to hit someone who was taken a shot at you and missed leaving them wide open for attack.

You DO want a saber that has more power than your average wifle bat.

You DID love the original version of this game.

You DO NOT mind getting kicked alot, but the increased damage diminishes that.

Personal preference, if you want to get pulled, tripped, and backstabbed, stick with 1.03, but if you want WELL ballanced multiplayer gameplay switch to version 1.04.

I like them both, but I would prefer 1.04 over 1.03 anyday. But then again, it doesn't really matter to me, because most of the time I play on my private server with clan members from |DEM|, which is the funnest way to play it IMO. :)

No morons to deal with! :p

v1.04 is the future of JK2... There are 52 v1.02 servers out there right now, and I'd bet some of those will switch to 1.04 soon. I'd say v1.03 will be left with maybe 52 servers by next week.

p.s. There are 441 v1.03 and 397 v1.04 as I type this.

It's a very nice patch - prevents a lot of exploits.

It's up to the server admins to run the server with decent settings or mods.

There's a lot of variety in the way a server can be ran - Raven gave us the ability to do a lot with the game.

If someone runs it at default settings and has issues with the game, he/she may want to explore the settings in the game or mods out there.

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

yeah..for some reason, some of the server admins got just PART of a patch file, and isntalled it...but you can still pivet and do max damage with backslash and etc. During the pivet, your character lags a bit though...gotta keep moving your mouse over.

That admin needs to copy the assets5.pk3 file from one of their workstation client copied of JK2 into the base directory on their server.

Archived