Home

Why is mace the only jedi with a purple saber?

icepool

Seriously has anyone thought about this. I mean If purple was saber choice than I'm sure when some of the other jedi made sabers some would have chosen purple also. But mace is the only jedi with purple as if its one of a kind. If it is one of a kind then they better come up with a good story for it because I think its rediculous that certain people can get what they want and stand out above everyone else. Well anyways any ideas?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. In the Jedi training, the padawan is required to construct his saber. And he can choose the saber color, getting the crystal that can create the effect of the chosen color.

Well my friend...I think that purple is not a very cool color, I would choose blue, how bout you? =]

2. There is many other Jedis using this color in Geonosis Arena. Go watch EPII again =]

Actually, according to George Lucas himself, Mace Windu is the only Jedi that doesn't have a blue or a green lighstaber. He has one, because Samuel L. Jackson specifically asked for it. That's the reason :) Fernandodabet, perhaps YOU should watch the geonosis scene again, and if you still see purple lightsabers, go to the eye doctor!

Samuel L. Jackson specifically requested a purple saber from George Lucas and Lucas OK'ed it. There is no other purple saber in the film. Sometimes, blue can look purplish on film(like a violet tint), this just happens because the color pallettes when making the saber glow go slightly askew. The only other colors I saw besides the standard blue and green, were yellow from a few Jedi.:D

Mace was the only one with a purple saber, George Lucas and Sam Jackson confirmed this in numerous interviews. Every other Jedi had either blue or green. I notice in the films that when some Jedi swing their blue sabers, they look purple, but they're not. The only other Jedi that I heard of having a purple saber was Anakin Solo, and he was EU, so. . .:D

At some points during the Arena battle the blue lightsabers will have a purplish glow. But they're blue, definately.

George Lucas has many times established taht for the movies, and absolute canon -for him- there's only 4 colors, red, green, blue and purple.

Sith having always and only red. Jedi having blue and green and Mace Windu being the only Jedi with a purple lightsaber.

Jackson had a purple lightsaber because he requested it to Lucas.

The blue sabers in the pics look purple.

There is only 1 purple saber in EP.2 and it is mace's. Mace requested it to be purple to Lucas so you could tell it was him in the arena battle.

Mace has a purple saber. The rest of the Jedis in the arena had green or blue. Dooku had red. There was no yellow sabers.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Actually, according to George Lucas himself, Mace Windu is the only Jedi that doesn't have a blue or a green lighstaber. He has one, because Samuel L. Jackson specifically asked for it. That's the reason :) Fernandodabet, perhaps YOU should watch the geonosis scene again, and if you still see purple lightsabers, go to the eye doctor!

Yep I read somewhere its because Jackson asked for one. That simple.

GL must have been really desperate about having Jackson in the movie.....

GL *declares to the world*: There IS only three colors on lightsabers. Red for the siths, and blue or green for jedi.

Jackson *walks in looking like he owns the place*: Gimme a purple one, i wanna be uniqe.. or else i wont play in this movie...

GL: Oh, of course YOU can have one, Sammy!

*bangs head against brick wall*

How many posts are there on this particular question? Next person who asks "Why was Mace the only person to have a purple lightsaber" I'm gonna start supergluing the answer to their foreheads so everytime they look in the mirror they'll be able to see the answer

"Samual L Jackson asked George Lucas for a purple lightsaber, and I am a stupid dope for not looking for the answer before asking a stupid question"

What the hell is next, a PINK saber, see ther is a colour worse then PURPLE.

I probably would like a see-through coloured saber.

Dumb Idea????

Why, do i need a invisible light saber?????

Easy, so the enemy doesn't knows that my saber is on, so I saber their asses.

Originally posted by mez1109

What the hell is next, a PINK saber, see ther is a colour worse then PURPLE.

I probably would like a see-through coloured saber.

Dumb Idea????

Why, do i need a invisible light saber?????

Easy, so the enemy doesn't knows that my saber is on, so I saber their asses.

*sigh*:rolleyes:

Archived