Home

The Canitna 7: Fight For the Future

Deac

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Cracken awoke, with Starr near him... shaking off his groginess, he and his apprentice was suddenly startled by a nearby explosion. they dove for cover in a shelled out building. Surveying thier situation, they were surrounded by two armies. a war.... Cracken was able to make out some familiar Force readings near by... a dim spot and a two mildly stronger ones. He assumed Vidar, Odin, and Rwos. He thought, and motioned to his apprentice, and they used what powers of stealth they had and made thier way two them. If they were going to get out of this mess, they'd have to co-operate. a sickening thought, but one must do what one must do to survive.*

*Rwos eyes narrowed*

I see.

*These two Aesir, who were apparently humans, had lived longer than the Five by a margin of a thousand years, and in a universe without magic. As a gargoyle, Termand Rwos could expect to live up to two centuries...but humans rarely outlived a century without magic or genetic mutations. But these Aesir smelled as much like humans as any of the others he'd met here.

Interesting.

But right now there were more important things to worry abo---

His ears picked up movement behind them. Rwos spun.*

((OOS, Cracken, there is a truce on, so there wouldn't be an enemy army on planet. However, if this is ok with you, your character landed in an artillery range, but they didn't know that.))

Seeing the strange look Rwos was giving him Odin laughed.

Odin:I know your wondering how can these humans live for so long. Well when this if over I'll take you here and show you, part of that secret.

explosions are heard in the distance

*Odin listens intently to the high pitch whine of the guns, not just any guns as his memory takes him back, but MA-84579, nicked name shield eaters.*

Odin: Here that those are artillery pieces, that whine tells people that they are praticing.

I've had to work with worse...and I can't exactly get rid of him. But if..when we get near the Time Matrix...I'll just have to make sure to move ahead of him.

There will be no peace. But I agree to a truce.

*Starr remained silent. This was his master's call.*

*Cracken watches the two fly off, and he sighs, and sits down. Reaching into his robe, he pulls out a small pack, and his lightsaber. Vidar, surprised, gets into a ready stance, but Cracken holds up his hand. Reaching into the small pack, he pulls a paper cylender, white, with a small portioon of it a tanish brown. it appears to be filled with some dead leaves, packed rather tightly. He puts the brown end to his lips, and ignights his lightsaber. Vidar draws his weapon, but Starr Steps between the two. Cracken extinguishes his blade, and is now smoking.*

*points to Vidar* YOu know what this is? *Vidar shakes is head a negative* It's called a cigarette. *he takes a drag* Comes from some planet out on the Outer Rim. Some boondocks planet where they haven't even gotten past there 4th planet. You know what it's called Starr? *Starr thought for a second, but shook his head no* Niether do i. Supid planet too, always fighting with eachother and such. i think it's Terra or some name like that...

*he took a drag, and sighed* when i was just connecting to the Force, i used to smoke these all the time. Father never understood why i did. baffeled the old man.

*he takes another drag* See, i usually calm myself through meditation and the Force, but since the Force isn't so string with us anymore... *sighs* i guess i gotta use some old methods.

*he smiles, and motions for Starr to sit. he does, and they wait....*

Vidar stares silently at the two. Keeping his hand on the hilt of his blade, he waits for his father's return.

Rwos and Odin, quickly reach the market center. Landing just outside, Odin gets off of Rwos.

Odin: Stay here, we normally don't like strangers, and I can move faster alone. I'll be back in under 5 minutes, with transportation. I will also know where we should go from here.

Odin sets off at a run, then when entering the market he assumes a brisk walk. Stopping at a local news terminal, Odin quickly confirms his initial thoughts. They were indeed here during the anceint war. Also the peace meetings were to be held in a couple of days. If anything happened to those talks it would be devastating. With that information, Odin heads across the market to the landspeeder dealer ship.

Odin: I need a fast, and large transport.

Dealer: I have just what you need, a type xr 101, chariot.

Odin: Yes that will do. I'll take it now.

Dealer: That will be 20,000 credits.

Odin: I can't pay.

Dealer: Then you (finally looking up from his desk, reconizes his lord), You're the Allfather, of course there is no charge, please take it.

Odin: Thank you, I will remember you kind deed.

Leaving with the sleek, hover car. It had room for everyone including Deac, and Flax. Stopping to pick up Rwos.

Odin: Hurry, we don't have much time, and we have a long ways to go. Get in so we can pick up the others. I'll explain in transit.

Rwos gets in, and they head off to pick up the rest of the group.

While watching Cracken, and Starr, Vidar sees movement in the corner of his eye. Seeing Deac starting to stir, Vidar rushes over to him and helps him to stand.

Vidar: Welcome back. You have missed a lot, things will become clear once my father and Rwos returns.

A minute later, Odin and Rwos pulls up in their newly acrired transport.

Odin:Get in, time is short and we have a ways to go.

Rwos: Deac, you're awake...good.

So we are immortal...

You missed being smashed twice and getting your head cut off. It seems we're temporarily unkillable. I think Flax has a concussion.

Ken'atra indeed has the Time Matrix. Either he got it from Renare, or he already had it. He jumped here with it, and dragged us along. He is...he is very strong. I do not know if we can beat him directly.

*motions to Cracken and Starr* We're under a shaky truce with them...we're on Odin's home planet, Asgard. Several thousand years ago. This Ken'atra may be trying to destroy his race to prevent the "Holocaust" they caused.

Archived