Home

The Canitna 7: Fight For the Future

Deac

((Battledog, no one took Flax's sword...Odin/vidar just told him to put it away. I thought it was impossible to have nonliving objects infused with the power of the Force. I also thought your character just had a blaster, and saber. where did pull this sword from?))

Odin: Flax never do that again, while on my planet. And for the last time, put the sword away. That goes to everyone, keep all weapons either in the scabbard, or holsterd.

Vidar: Your ancestors seem to have used the wrong runes. At least those runes have different meaning for my people. Why are you carrying around a family heirloom?

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((OOS: Battledog, Flax is actually still in his starfighter pilot suit, unless Odin gave him other clothes. Did he have a leg scabbard or something?

I assume that since we're hitting boulders, we've stopped the speeder.))

*Rwos looks around distractedly* Firstly, I'm carrying around ceremonial swords myself. But mine are considerably more portable than these...and if you're about done, then we need to move. Are we going to try and separate Starr and Deac, or are we going to keep going after Ken'atra?

And what, exactly are we going to do if we find him?

----------

*Starr does not have time to pull his lightsaber. He reacts on instinct, using one of the unusual Force techniques he specializes in. Bright green intangible particles flash from his hands and strike Deac in the eyes, blinding him.

Starr rolls away, clicking a metal component on his arm and firing a wrist rocket at Deac's head.

Rwos: That's the problem, though. We don't know where or even when he found the Time Matrix. And we don't know anything at all about him except his name and that he was trained by Reletha Darkstar, who is, or was, Deac's neice. And in my fifteen-second encounter with him...I can safely say he's far more powerful than she is. You were all unconscious when we landed in front of him...he picked up all of us simultaneously and casually threw us about a hundred feet. With a little wave of his hand, as if it was nothing. And I was resisting. *turns* Now I can assure you that no other Jedi or Sith that I have seen is able to do that. Especially to an active person. And that's at full power, which we are all not at. Not even the two Avatars back there. *Rwos glances behind them at Starr and Deac, fighting in the distance*

((OOS: Battledog, are you going to join us in the Cantina spinoff RPG?))

*The wrist rocket hits Deac's head at a bad angle, moving straight through the circuitry that gave Deac his augmentation control. His extra strenghs are gone until it can be repaired. Deac turns in a rage*

All you can destroy is the machine...

*He drops unexpectantly to his knees...*

Warning! Life support system failing...

*Deac throws his sword at Starr's feet, knocking him down and wounding them*

Self destruct engaged...10...

We die together. You shouldn't have done that...

*An explosion rips from Deac, causing a dust cloud, which after a few minutes begins to settle*

*Cracken, blind to most of his Force powers, grabs a pair of bonoculars from Flax, and procedes to scan the battle field where Starr and Deac were fighting. He can't see much, and the dust hasn't settled much. His sniper rifle slung over his back, he tosses the bonoculars to Flax, and begins to make way to the battle field.*

((Ysalamiri, I believe))

Rwos: If they killed themselves, it doesn't matter. They'll reappear when we next jump. It---

*a voice comes from behind Rwos* Actually, they won't.

*Rwos whirls, recognizing the voice.

A familiar semi-dinosaurian creature is standing there.*

Rwos: You! What are you doing here? What are you talking about?

Creature: *grins coyly* Deac won't be coming back.

*Cracken walked cautiously through the smoke, rifle at the ready. he slowly walked, and heard a moaning. He headed toward the sound, and found Starr, his body failing.*

Starr: I'm...... *cough* sorry....

It's alright, young one. You have done me a favor. Rest now....

*Cracken, unflinching, fired a single shot, ending Starrs suffering.

As he sat down, Cracken lit another cigarette, and wiped a single tear from his eye. he took Starr's Lightsaber, and holstered it next to his.*

*Standing amongst the ashes and circuitry that was once Deac, the Starkiller weeps softly and picks up his re-inforced skull.*

He should not have ended here...not again...

* A golden figure leaves the skull, smiling and heads upwards. The Starkiller moves over to Rwos*

You have bourne an Avatar before, Termand Rwos. You were not the correct host, but I offer you a chance to make sure Deac did not die in vain. It was always his will, that, should he die, I was to join with you, if you so wish.

*The Creature throws back his head and laughs*

You avatars. So delightfully stupid. Especially for so-called "higher beings".

The deal here was for all of you *motioning to Rwos and the others* to intercept the Time Matrix. Not the five of you plus a Darkstar plus a Starkiller. Deac and Starr accepted avatars...which lost them their protection. Transformed their molecular makeup, if you want to get piddly. After I went through all that trouble to dim their powers. *sigh* Naughty, naughty. Didn't they teach you in school that cheaters never prosper? It's sad, really. They had such high potential for chaos. *hideous grin*

Go ahead, Termand Rwos. Accept the avatar.

((OSS: Flax was wearing his Jedi robes, he's since ditched the outer robe. As to the sword, well Flax carries a certain amount of kit around with him))

Flax: *Sheaves the sword* *To Odin*Sorry about that, the runes are incomplete, a result the sword never being finished, however that is too complicated to go into.

Now what do we do without Deac?

*The Starkiller scowls*

Craynor... don't you have some gods to annoy? Don't make me get Father...

*It turns to Rwos* I can shield you, Termand. It can't destroy me without hundreds of angry Aeges coming down on it like falling star... and we can still bring back Deac...

*The interest of the party is peaked*

We're going after the time matrix...and we can get them back from whatever period of history we want...and as for your "deal" Craynor, count us...Me, Termand, Flax, Odin, Cracken. That's four. The deal was five. If anything, we get another team member.

((((OOS: @ Deac: You forgot Vidar, and the deal didn't involve numbers.

And the creature didn't mean he could destroy the Starkiller - but that if Rwos accepted the Starkiller, he would no longer be immortal. (Everyone else in the party is temporarily unkillable)

I should point out that the Darkstar was able to go through time by following Deac's soul when it came back with the Starkiller, as it was me who established that it followed them))

*the creature scowls at the Starkiller* My master Craynor's terms were clear. Two teams, one his, one yours. The deal was that they would have equal Force powers, and no member would be powerful enough to face Ken'atra alone. And no interference from either side.

Then you saw fit to possess, to "join with" Deac, and the Darkstar, who is one of you (and hence not my problem) "joined with" one of my master's team. Then you destroyed each other's hosts, something which I must admit I-

Rwos: Will you stop! We need to get to Ken'atra! Isn't that what you want? For us to retrieve the Time Matrix? You haven't frozen time here - he could be anywhere by now!

*the creature turns to Rwos* Very well, Termand Rwos. Choose now, if you're so eager.

Oh, and by the way, if you accept the Starkiller, then your quanta will be altered - you will no longer be pulled after the Time Matrix when it jumps...

*The creature disappears*

i need to get into these more often...

/me wants a small part....

maybe im a guy who lets Cracken use his mig welder to weld the to light sabers together end on end :p

A stranger flys around in a small cargo like speeder. carring a small field generator and repair equipment off to repiar a small shuttle which has recieved some damage during the skermish

:D

((If you want to join post a character name, and a brief description (include weapons, force sensitivity, ect. also read the entire thread to know what is happening). We will fit you into this rpg.))

Odin: Come on, we have a lot of ground to cover. This delay might even mean that we are too late to stop Ken'atra.

Vidar: Don't morn them if we are succesful, they will never have died in the first place.

((@Scarface: What Admiral said - post a bio and description, and we'll fit you in.

You could also join the spinoff of this RPG - http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74380 - if you want, too; read the first part of the discussion topic - http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69420 to understand it))

*Rwos does not answer. He just walks to the speeder*

[seeing as Deac is dead...I'll be GM for this RPG...time to shift...]

*Suddenly the air begins to ripple and turn white. The party appear in places relative to their position, but in another place altogether...

They stand beneath a blood red evening sky, in rolling hills. Behind them is a tall castle like building, with banners of a Hawk with a star behind it hanging from it's battlements. Ruins of Imperial armour and bodies litter the area. Local troops still clash with Stormtroopers as they try to storm the castle...

They are on the planet Atredis, 20 years before...*

Archived