Home

Goof in CMI

Monkeysee

Hey guys...

I was playing Monkey Island 3 and I think I found a goof. I don't know if this works on Mega-Monkey because I only tried it on the "lite" version.

OK, here it is: when you're on Blood Island, go to the Goodsoup family hotel and pick up the recipe book on the bar. Then go to the room with the skeleton. Pull down the bed, and while it's still down, go to your inventory and "examine recipe book." The game will crash and give the error, "Script 2009 stopped with active cutscene/override in exit" and it will automatically exit out to the desktop.

The reason I'm posting this is because I didn't see it on "World of Monkey Island" and I wanted to make sure it actually works for other people before I submit it.

P.S. Someone should try it on Mega-Monkey.

Someone reported a ScummVM bug last week in MI1, which was similar.. If during the cannibal scene you read LeChucks kidnapping error (instead of offering them a gift), it crashes with an active cutscene/override error.

I couldn't believe there was a bug in that part of ScummVM, and sure enough, the original game crashes in the same way at the same place.

Originally posted by LucasTones

You know, in the re-release of MI2 they didn't give you the option of the easy mode. It was hardest automatically.

I am currently playing through the lite version of MI2.

SPECIALLY FOR TEH MAGAZIN REVIEWS ROFL

I remember the most annoying thing in MI2. I was playing it for the very first time, and I knew I needed to get some of Largo's clothes for the doll. I thought that the mud would be good for getting it dirty, as that made sense what with there being a dry cleaners or whatever it was. How to get the mud? I wanted a bucket or something, but I couldn't find anything. I looked high and low, and couldn't see it anywhere. Then, after looking through Largo's room again, I exited the Hotel. Then I saw it. On the bloody boat next to the men of low moral fibre. The point, however, is this: In the lite version (I played through it once, but not the whole game. Just 'cos I was bored. I got off Scabb, then I quit) is this bucket 'puzzle' (is it a puzzle? I don't think so. Just observation) easier in lite? Doesn't the pirate say something like "Thats my bucket" or something? I can't remember...

Guest King Andrei

OK, here's what errors I found:

1) You can get two gold teeth by an error. (Not telling you how though.)

2) Game crashed when you try "cutting" the dog, on Blood Island.

3) Put your tofu mask when in the cemetery.

Originally posted by Hellbeard

In the Lite version you don't need the bucket, his shirt was just on his bed, where as in the Hard version you have to be really persitant and keep asking for the bucket until he just gives it to you.

Nah. You just ask him if it's his bucket

• 2 weeks later...

Quote from King Andrei:

OK, here's what errors I found:

1) You can get two gold teeth by an error. (Not telling you how though.)

2) Game crashed when you try "cutting" the dog, on Blood Island.

3) Put your tofu mask when in the cemetery.

I think almost everyone has read on the MI sites about how to get the 2 gold teeth.

From the World of Monkey Island

#1 There is a way to get two gold tooths: Pop Blondebeard's bubble gum and pick up the gold tooth. Then give the chewed gum to Blondebeard and he will get another tooth in his mouth. Take the first tooth you got and place it in some gum, then pop Blondebeard's bubble again and you can pick up a second tooth from the floor.

You can then give the second tooth back to Blondebeard and then leave the shop. This way you avoid the puzzle of getting it out of the shop. (A puzzle that is only in the hard version of the game).

check out

http://www.worldofmi.com/features/funny/errors.php?game=MI3

for more...

Archived