Home

box shot

Com Raven

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Com Raven

so, what do you think of it?

I like it pretty much, reminds of JK II's box...

simple, but very stylish...

True, but who cares about the box. I want what's inside: an adventure waiting to happen. The box could look awful, but if the game play is good then you'll hear no complaint from me. :D

The box looks nice. Many elaborately designed boxes have contained mediocre games, so obviously the designers feel that they do not have to go out of their way for a box, when the game it contains is so awesome.:D

Personally, since the industry has reduced the box size, I don't see why they don't just package PC games in the sturdy DVD type cases like console games.:D

Originally posted by Norin Radd

The box looks nice. Many elaborately designed boxes have contained mediocre games, so obviously the designers feel that they do not have to go out of their way for a box, when the game it contains is so awesome.:D

Personally, since the industry has reduced the box size, I don't see why they don't just package PC games in the sturdy DVD type cases like console games.:D

Agreed.

That'd be just fine for me since most game boxes end up in The Droor where they will collect dust.

I like the DVD case idea.

At least here in Europe, the DVD casings for PC games are pretty common, especially when it comes to the bigger companies. In my local games store, about 50% of the PC games are in DVD casings. And it is so much more convenient! It is much more handy to buy, since you don't need a frickin' bag to get two copies of Civ home. And it takes 1/4 of the space in the bookcase. Hopefully, this trend will continue, since the shipping companies save a buttload of money on the smaller packages, which means cheaper games.

Personally, since the industry has reduced the box size, I don't see why they don't just package PC games in the sturdy DVD type cases like console games. :D

I don't know if you've noticed but that idea has been done for about, atleast, 7 months now. ;)

The thing is, some games which you can buy for PC, needs books to explain the intricet system that involves playing it, for example CivIII. So if they put it in a DVD case, that book kinda would not fit in there. :D

You don't really need to read the booksized manual to play the game, but they throw it in anyway. ;)

Personally I don't see why they didn't just put the whole thing on the disk, considering you can easily switch between the game and your IE browser at any time without problem. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

I don't know if you've noticed but that idea has been done for about, atleast, 7 months now. ;)

Perhaps in Europe. In the U.S. the boxes are smaller but are still paper, unless something has changed since two days ago. So I haven't noticed. . .because it hasn't happened, yet. LOL!:D

Haha, everytime I hear things like this, I am surprised by the sillyness of americans :D Here, we have had DVD casings for game for more than a year. I think Black and White was the first game I bought in a dvd case.

But seriously, hopefully you will get dvd casings for your games soon too. It kicks ass. *looks at her bookcase*. Yup. You don't have to put all of them in the basement, you can have them available without taking up a couple of square meters of space.

EDIT: though, this doesn't go for all games. For instance, my copy of CIV III was in a cardboard box. Smaller than usual, yes, but still a box. So there is still room from improvements.

Archived