Home

A game that tells the future?!

I brought metal gear solid 2:sons of libety last month and beat it in a week.

I consider the in game story understandable, it is a story of greed, power, betrayal, and deception. The only problem with the game is the ending and its ficticious characters(vamp and fortune and others). It is a very hard game to understand because of all the cover-ups and deception. (**spoilers**) How the big shell is a military fortress, how the Patroits(la-le-lu-li-lo) use the president as a figure head and model the U.S. as they see fit. They use the government to give the people what they want and drow attention away from the 12 people(council) who controls EVERYTHING, from our military to our research!

I could go on and on, it is a masterpeice! How everything is not the way it seems! For example, how one character helps you then tries to kill you......

My two questions are that:

1) What does the ending mean? I read thousands of summaries, but they confuse me more. They don't get the true meaning of the ending, what its trying to tell the gamer?

2)Could this game become a reality? The strongest countries in the world controlled by a council of people and everything we see is just a front for something more sinister. Could the track the world is on lead to this?

i am really serious about this, im not joking. i want answers and hopefully i will finally get them.

BTW, should i write a review about this game at lucasconsoles?

No, it can't be real, for the same reason that The Matrix can't be real. That is, one thing would happen and everyone would find out about it. You can't hide something like that forever, or even very long.

And no, lucasconsoles is just for lucasarts games, except for "time eaters."

Originally posted by Tie Guy

No, it can't be real, for the same reason that The Matrix can't be real. That is, one thing would happen and everyone would find out about it. You can't hide something like that forever, or even very long.

Which is exactly what happens in The Matrix. ;)

Originally posted by Redwing

Which is exactly what happens in The Matrix. ;)

*reads her Entertainment Weekly magazine* Oooooh. Matrix Reloaded! :D Looks uber shibby.

But on a serious note, while anything is possible it highly IMPROBABLE. 12 people controlling the world? No...they'd most likely wind up killing each other in bids for power. Although...you never know...

Originally posted by Tie Guy

And no, lucasconsoles is just for lucasarts games, except for "time eaters."

I really wonder why STTCT, although it's not his fault :D:p;).

As an employee of the United States Government, I find these concepts proposterous and completely unfounded! Would you please excuse me for a moment?

*Whispers heard off-screen* Sir, they're beginning to suspect something, I think they may be on to us.......uh-huh......It's too late for that, they know too much already......understood

As I was saying, why don't you stay where you are and I'll have someone come explain to you why that scenario isn't possible. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived