Home

Metroid: Samus Aran WIP

__CKY__

Well, I don't know what happened to my thread, couldn't find it anywhere. Oh well.

Added new update.

Just in case you don't know, I am not basing this on any particular version of Samus, but I am doing my own rendition using a compilation of all the different versions. I am going to make her a little more gritty, but not too the point where she is covered in junk.

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

Image 5

Image 6

Image 7

Image 8

Image 9

Image 10

samus15.jpg

Looking for Metroid info- The Metroid Database

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's see. I haven't posted in here much, but I think I'm going to start doing it more. I traveled fromt the far land of HL models so it's kind of a new learning experience jk2/q3. I like it. Anyway my general knowledge still holds some validity so here goes:

Samus is looking good don't get me wrong, but maybe the head showing through the helm isn't the best way to go. Hear me out...how many polys is here head? That number could easily be distributed all over the rest of the mesh making for some KICK ASS detail in the armor. And from the looks of it, the armor is what inspired you in the first place. Most people that look at samus as a cool character jump to the armor. And seeing is how you chose the suit she obtains in Super Metroid (SNES) you may need those extra polys in certain areas.

This is just a suggestion. Even if you don't think about it, do me one favor? Don't mess up the boots. They're my favorite part of the suit. From the pointed knee cap down. :)

Looking good. I like the new skin better.

Ok, I want you to keep the see through visor. I think it was cool and something that people never do. Also the girl inside the suit is very much part of the character, so don't complain. She could kick your ass anyday anyway. :D

I would still like to know what you are ganna do about the gun arm.

Also how are you ganna do the team skins? I'm thinking that the teamskins should look radically different from the standard. Sure it is a lot more work but it adds a lot to the model to have a choice of multiple cool skins (at least in FFA/Duel).

BTW, I think that the other topic got erased for some reason, cause I know I had some posts on it but it says that i only have 1 post.

It's lookin great Kman. I have to say, at first I was thinkin, what the heck is he doing, but now I will have to say that this is really quite accurate from what I see. Plus I have always been a huge Metroid Fan. And hopefully you won't be as slow as the Yoda team was. I have faith that you won't dissapoint us on Samus.

Man! This is going to be cool:cool: when it is released. I told my friend who is a Mertriod FAN! He is waiting too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:Here's a pic to sooth your 'metroid fever'.

It was a temporary fix to the fever *UGGGGG* METRIOD FEVER COMEI------- BAC---.*A falling sound from the floor* MUST HAVE SAMUS.------------------------------------

/\

Pulse:/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ \

\ /

\_________________________/:D

Originally posted by Jango_Fett91

SWEET PIC! Kman@polycount rules!!!!!!!

Can u make the Grand Theft Auot 3 guy in JO? That would be soo cool:)

hmm clever, disguising a request as flattery

i dont think its gonna get you anywhere tho

i expect kmans still gonna point you in the direction of the request thread:)

I guess it was answered in this models previous thread but ive looked through this one and cant find how you are gonna deal with the gun arm?

Archived