Home

Unique Units for SW:GB 2

Darth Windu

Exactly sithmaster. The jedi would send out a knight to whomever needed them without favouritism, hence the idea of all jedi being equal.

However if you looked at the databank, you would see that the jedi report to the Republic government, kinda like UN peacekeepers. Also, jedi fought as part of the Republic army at the end of ep2. Not the naboo army, not the wookie army, but as part of the republic army.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This begs the question: what about the Rebels? If we're going to follow canon to the point that the Jedi are all out on loan from the Republic then how about following the time line? The Rebels would be sunk since the Jedi would have been purged. The Empire could still be strong because of Dark Jedi, but the Rebels wouldn't work with them...

Kryllith

He's refering to my question about having canon of civilizations but not canon of time. Still and all, if there were so many Jedi on the Rebel's side, then why would Luke be their only hope? Surely a few hundred Jedi would have posed more of a threat than a single half-trained one. For that matter, if the Rebellion is massing such a large attack against the 2nd Death Star then the Jedi would have been prominent don't you think? I supposed they could have been acting as pilots... More likely though, any Jedi that did manage to avoid being purged would be too busy hiding to aid the Rebellion. Or if they were, it would be behind the scenes and not on the battlefield, so they wouldn't be present in Battlegrounds anyway.

Kryllith

I can see Luke having the Vader influence, but I'm not sure about the others. Granted he may have the most raw power being Vader's son, but he'd be untrained while most of the others would probably have started their training before he was born and would be far more advanced.

Rankwise I'd imagine about the same. If we're talking about Jedi who have been working with the Rebellion for years, some perhaps close to two decades then they'd probably be much higher ranked than a relative newcomer (even if he blew up the Death Star). Maybe in the time of RotJ when Luke's been in the Rebellion for 5 years or so, but what about the earlier movies? (I've no idea what his rank actually is since it doesn't seem to be mention ever in the movies--other than possibly "Jedi Knight").

As for their state of being. Ok, I'll accept that fact that a number of them probably wouldn't be in a very good state, either because of age, or the toils of the war, or whatever. But if they're in the state where they wouldn't be fighting then they'd have no place on the battlefield in Battlegrounds anyway.

Windu, once again you try to use your Nick News knowledge on the forums. UN peacekeepers are trrops from various countries (usually US or britain) who go to troubled nations as an independent army on the behalf of an independent organization. Jedi are an independent group that, using their own people, send jedi to troubled planets to help one side that they think is being unfairly treated. Big difference.

Since the Republic was everywhere and was overbearing on the order, they had access to more jedi more frequently, which is what current bonuses uphold. Everyine had equal shots at being able to request masters or padawans, the republic just gave more of those said requests. And thats only the realistic issues with your idea. Gameplay issues, which have greater weight than realistic ones, state that your idea, like all of your others, would completely tip the game to the republic's side. You are to the republic what joesdomain is to the empire.

sithmaster - UN peacekeepers come from anywhere around the globe, not necessarily the US and UK. Having said that the modern UN and the Republic are very similar. (ie senate = general assembly, jedi = peacekeepers etc)

I would also like to point out that at the start of Episode 1 the little message thing states that the 'Chancellor has secretly dispatched two jedi knights' not the jedi council. Also, at the star wars databank it states that-

"As the Galactic Republic throve and grew over the centuries, the Jedi came to serve it as guardians of peace and justice"

"It is from the ranks of the Jedi Masters that the High Council is chosen, which is the main interface between the Jedi and the government of the Republic."

"In the final era of the Republic, the Jedi Knights operated out of the Judicial Department, under the office of Supreme Chancellor"

Hey here's another idea for a unique unit. The Mon Cal would have a second unique units besides the amphibious mech idea. The amphibious mech would give them a unique unit on maps where there was no water, but on maps where they could build a shipyard, the Mon Cal should have a stealth cruiser. It would work just like the bongo submarine only it would be a cruiser.

Oh and here's another idea; how bout adding the Twi'Lek as a civ. I dont have any ideas yet about civ specialties or unique units but im sure they would have lots of colorful and bizzare structures like the gungans and would be a nice break from the plain buildings of the rebs, republic, wookies, and imps.

Windu, the jedi order goes on no matter who the hell rules the galaxy. The chancellor dispatched the two jedi as a favor not an order. And the UN is so different from the republic, that it makes your confed/nato comparison look smart. I guess some people just think they know everything. And Windu, yes there are other countries in the UN, but the UK and the US do most of the fighting/peacekeeping.

Dark Jedi don't report to Republic.

The Jedi report to the Republic but only so long as they believe in it's cause. I mean, when did u see Yoda bieng a trustworthy Imperial citizen. Empire and Republic are basically the same thing. The Wookiees are part of the Republic so they get Jedi. As are Naboo, if not more so. Ganguns, after they joined the Republic, would have had a few Jedi sent to assist them.

Rebels get Jedi becuase the Jedi don't believ in the Empire/Rep.'s cuase any more.

• 3 weeks later...

I think they should remove gungans from the game

cause they are substand in terms of technology

it's dumb to add aircrafts to this race...u know, just to stuff something in to make the game look better

i would rather see a game with more diversity between races than to see ten billion races with basically the same units

I don't think they even need the idea of unique units

they can just make the races different from each other...

for example the imperial fighters only stay with the mother ships (star destroyer, airbase or death star?)

so..maybe they can limit the flight time for imperial fighters...that way Rebels can have REAL advantage in the air cauz the empire needs to move the star destroyers around before they can launch air strikes.....

they should do something that corresponds to the movie

don't make all the race the same....

In AotC if u look closely u will see the Gangun's air (also look up aitha or something like that in the Official SW Databank )

If the limit the flight time for Imp fighters then:

a) Severe unbalance ( as in worse for them) on the Imp's side.

b) Too much micromanagement

It's also very hard for newbs to play a game were every race is different.

Besides, the TIE fighters on GB are flying on a relatively small area anyway. The short-range fighter mentioned in the quote still had quite a sizable range when you consider how far away from the Death Star it was when the Falcon came across it. They may not be designed for interplanetary travel, but they can certain fly around a planet without problems.

Kryllith

Archived