Home

Unique Units for SW:GB 2

Darth Windu

Windu, if you mention Star Wars to anybody, the first thing they think of are Jedi and lightsabers. Thats why they're in the game in the first place. It wouldnt be star wars without jedi. Also, the jedi arent owned by anybody in particular. The jedi, like bounty hunters, are requested to come help the respective colony via the local Jedi temple. The creation time is shipping time and the costs are in payments to the order itself.

The gungs and tfs arent map specific, and they excel and any map. Adding those features, though, is like shooting yourself in the foot. Neither the gung, tf, or wook bonuses can work on plains, making them at a serious disadvantage.

I read somewhere that humans naturally act first, and then rationalize there ideas. I guess your trying a bit to hard to be human. Either that or your brain is on slow motion.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sithmaster - the game would still have the jedi in it, but remember that in both ep1 and ep2, the jedi report to the head of the republic, not the members of the republic. They are lead republic forces during the battle of geonosis, and yoda was the general! As i said, the republic has 10,000 jedi, the others have a max of 2, some dont have any at all.

Also with the gungan/wookie unique units, they could be altered in a way so that the wookie scout can also go through fields of carbon, nova and ore; and with the gungan trooper give them the ability to climb cliffs.

Originally posted by Darth Windu

Also with the gungan/wookie unique units, they could be altered in a way so that the wookie scout can also go through fields of carbon, nova and ore

That will help a bit on those desert maps, but on flats maps, for example, there are trees but not enough to make the UU worthwhile. So wookiees would be worthless on flats maps, and other similar maps.

And ore/nova fields? Yes, they are so BIG, a shortcut through a 3-tile ore field would save so much time :rolleyes:

The probot would also be pretty much useless on a flat map, but it is an Empire UU.

There's a small (:rolleyes: ) difference between a probot, which has an entire 15 hp, and like 2 attack; and an amphibious soldier, which can rush across water and actually engage in combat. The empire is not overpowered on space maps and is still good on all-plains maps because of the relatively small impact its probot UU has on gameplay. OTOH, if the Dark Trooper could go across all terrain, there WOULD definately be a problem.

Er...that logic doesnt work. Jedi shouldnt be limited to only the Reblublic. First, the Rebublic wouldnt even have jedi if they're fighting the Rebels or the Empire because the Rebublic was dead then:p

Plus...it had only 10,000 3000 years before Episode I.

This game isnt true star wars...they can bend the storyline a little.

No, they had 10,000 at the time of episode 1. Before the Republic was added as a civ, the jedi were fine as they were, but now i think they should be altered. Firstly, they are part of the Republic, and take orders from the Senate. Also, with the idea of calling on help, why would the jedi send weak jedi to the wookies and gungans, yet very strong jedi to the naboo and republic?

No, they had 10,000 at the time of episode 1. Before the Republic was added as a civ, the jedi were fine as they were, but now i think they should be altered. Firstly, they are part of the Republic, and take orders from the Senate. Also, with the idea of calling on help, why would the jedi send weak jedi to the wookies and gungans, yet very strong jedi to the naboo and republic?

Well...actually...since time is really different in this game because the Rebels and republic can fight...who knows,maybe Luke's Acadamy(So what if it isnt canon..stop being a fanatic) was made and that would show the big number of jedi...they would help the wookies too.

Luke's academy is under the control of the New Republic, not the Rebel's.

If you had half a brain,you'd know that the Rebels are the New Republic,it's just that the Rebels were a better name than the new rebublic during the old trilogy.

Or, you just have some fascination with the republic, and now that they are added you want them to be the ONLY worthwhile civ to play. Want to be able to beat others in MP? I hate to break it to you, but if the republic is overpowered EVERYONE will choose them, so you won't get any easier wins.

I know what you are probably trying to achieve by making the republic overpowered, with both the Gunship and the Jedi, and all your other ideas. I also went through that stage with some games, when I was like 7 years old. Are you 7?

Tyrion - blow me. Unless you have something constructive to say without insulting me, go away because i wont bother even reading your posts.

Simwiz - ok, how about this. Everyone gets access to Jedi Knights, which are of the same specs. However, the Republic get the Jedi Master as a Unique Unit (with cloaking etc abilities). I'd also like to see the 'turning' ability removed, it seems a little stupid to me that a jedi can 'turn' a droid to their side.

Tyrion - blow me. Unless you have something constructive to say without insulting me, go away because i wont bother even reading your posts.

Simwiz - ok, how about this. Everyone gets access to Jedi Knights, which are of the same specs. However, the Republic get the Jedi Master as a Unique Unit (with cloaking etc abilities). I'd also like to see the 'turning' ability removed, it seems a little stupid to me that a jedi can 'turn' a droid to their side.

"Contructive"? it was just as contructive as your " Luke's academy is under the control of the New Republic, not the Rebel's" comment. Sure the "If you had half a brain" wasnt appropiate,so I apologies.

As to your statement towards Simwiz-

First,instead of getting rid of turning,just make it so that each unit in thier script has something like: (I dont know progamming)

Droid-

Jedi Turning: off

Stormtrooper-

Jedi turning: on

It'll only take a hour with a proficient programmer.,they just have to alter the code a little in each unit.

Second,the rebels still get the jedi kightsand jedi master,sfrom the jedi acadamy. The rebels pretty much are the New Republic anyway.

On the same token. If we limit Masters to only the Republic (or the Republic and the Rebels) then I'd suggest preventing them from having bounty hunters. This puts the jedi-killers squarely in the ranks of civs that don't have Masters (besides, a Master can take a bounty one-on-one, and heal afterwards...). I'd also suggest non-turnable units--all droids, for one, and maybe some other units... perhaps an upgrade for certain civs that makes turning more difficult, like the 50% resistance upgrade bonus some civs got in AoC. I'd also suggest different powers perhaps... maybe take cloaking away from the Jedi and only giving it to the Sith, or just creating new powers for the Sith. Of course, this assumes that the Sith are indeed limited to 1 Master and 1 Apprentice. If we allow the evil civs to use Dark Jedi (like Sev'rance Tann) then we wouldn't need to balance it out as much.

Alternately, instead of changing the availabilty of Jedi at all, they could simply reduced the cost of creating or upgrading Republic Jedi or reduce the speed in which they are created. This would represent the fact that it's much easier for the Republic to attain better Jedis faster, and since they wouldn't really be "on loan" they wouldn't get paid (cost) as much. If this were done though, I'd suggest limiting the power/speed of the Republic in other fashions to balance out the jedi boost. I mean, the Republic Jedi are already the most powerful jedi in the game. Making them build faster and/or cheaper would definitely call for a lessening of power someplace else in the Republic Civ.

Kryllith

As for turning, I think it is annoying and micro-management intensive. However, it is also fun to sneak around and convert your opponenet's AA turrets, buildings, etc. So whether they remove it or not it doesn't matter to me.

As for the Republic getting Masters as a UU, it could work, but I still see no reason to do it that way. When people think of the Rebels, they think of X Wings, and Luke Skywalker.

Tyrion - thank you, and im sorry if i went overboard, im just sick and tired of being insulted after almost every comment i make.

Kryllith - with turning, i suppose that could work, but i would leave cloaking on. Look at the movies where obi-wan and luke get past the stormtroopers, without cloaking that wouldnt happen. I do agree though that if the Republic are the only ones with Masters, they shouldnt get bounties.

simwiz - having the Jedi Masters as a Republic UU would enhance their jedi reliance, with i think should be shown. With the rebels, they would still get access to jedi knights, and luke as a hero. (i really hate luke, he gets on my nerves so bad, you start wishing vader would chop his head off and get it over and done with)

Tyrion - thank you, and im sorry if i went overboard, im just sick and tired of being insulted after almost every comment i make.

Kryllith - with turning, i suppose that could work, but i would leave cloaking on. Look at the movies where obi-wan and luke get past the stormtroopers, without cloaking that wouldnt happen. I do agree though that if the Republic are the only ones with Masters, they shouldnt get bounties.

Yeah, I agree with that. My idea of removing cloaking from Jedi would be to allow only the Sith to have the ability to cloak (since they seem to be the best at clouding minds). This assumes that the evil forces only have 2 Sith available during a game, in which case they should probably have their powers augmented a bit. If they have Dark Jedi as well though, or if are possibly given other abilities, then I see no problem with the other jedis having cloaking. Mind-tricking is an often learned skills.

Of course, if we're going by the movies, then Jedi Knights should be able to mind-trick as well, not just Jedi masters.

Kryllith

Tyrion your deleted shots of ep 2 is not very appropreate but funny. now then everyone should have jedi knights and naboo, rebs, and republic should get masters cuz NABOO is part of the REPUBLIC so they should get masters amd the empire also had mara as a sith...... so that is 3:D. rebels have luke and leia and a lot of EUs characters:fett:

That is why the Jedi Master should be a Republic Unique Unit.

You see, the problem with giving the Republic all those UU's you want it to have is it will become overpowered. You can't give a civ a souped-up aircruiser that can carry 10 units (end of second gunship thread), give it BY FAR the best jedi, and give it good air and troops (which I happen to like) and still keep it balanced.

Originally posted by eizo131

Tyrion your deleted shots of ep 2 is not very appropreate but funny. now then everyone should have jedi knights and naboo, rebs, and republic should get masters cuz NABOO is part of the REPUBLIC so they should get masters amd the empire also had mara as a sith...... so that is 3:D. rebels have luke and leia and a lot of EUs characters:fett:

You're the second person to be fooled...:D

Why should the Naboo and Rebels get Jedi? The Naboo have none, the Rebels have 1, yet the Republic has 10,000. That is why the Jedi Master should be a Republic Unique Unit.

Well there shoudlnt be any sith,as there is only 4 in the movies and in the empire.

According to your logic.

Originally posted by Tyrion

Well there shoudlnt be any sith,as there is only 4 in the movies and in the empire.

According to your logic.

Yes, and he already said that the Confederacy, TF, and Empire would be limited in their Sith to 2 (the heroes). Which is fine and dandy, but makes me wonder what happens if someone plays TF against the Confed? Does 1 civ get Maul, the other get Tyrannus, and both get Sidious concurrently?

Kryllith

Archived