Home

Unique Units for SW:GB 2

Darth Windu

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

while he can't see this, i have to reply anyway...

so the republic would get another unique unit... which everyone would have to bother to defend against... as opposed to attacking. one more unit for the republic... one less for the others... unbalancing the scale even more.

it wouldn't add more "startegy" to quote windu...

and it wouldn't improve gameplay at all. how in the hell does it improve the gameplay???

windu needs to shut the hell up already with all the complaining he does about this game. he has a better idea for everything, criticizes every tiny irrelevant detail that no one else cares about... but feels the need to post 8000 times a day about how much the game could be better. i wonder why he still plays it? he doesn't seem to like it very much.

Windu, I think you need to look back at all your ideas. Think of a GAMEPLAY reason that only the republic should get jedi/masters (you change your mind so often), and think of a GAMEPLAY reason that the Republic should have a Gunship UU. LA will not add it just because it was in the movies, especially if gameplay is reduced or balance is ruined.

Originally posted by Darth Windu

*sigh* which is why if you're fighting the republic would should concentrate on getting enough bounties to fight off master's...

*sigh* then the game would be unbalanced, since the republic player knows their opponent MUST build bounties for fighting Jedi, they can just build other units to kill the bounties... The republic player will have control, to an extent, of what units their opponents will spend resources building. That would give them an advantage.

Why build grenade troopers?

Why build anti-air mobiles?

If someone is playing against the rebels, they know that they will need a lot of AA defence. If they are playing against the empire, they know they will need a lot of mech defence. With my idea, people would know they need good anti-jedi defence.

It also further differentiates the civ's, increases realism, and would alter the strategies of people fighing with or against any civ.

is he this dumb?

i mean, is he really this dumb?

tell me he isn't this dumb?

EVERYONE can build grenaders...

EVERYONE can build aa mobiles...

simwiz made the point i was trying to get at last night... but it was late and i couldnt formulate the thought into words.

so in windu's own little scenario game his squad... the republic have 3 unique units... the starfighter, the jedi masters, and a super airship.

so while i make aa to counter his air, he makes jedi.

So while i make bouties to counter his jedi, he makes strikes and troopers to squash my bounties.

so while he only prepares for the one UU, his opponent has to brace for 3.

idiot... what an idiot... it's frightening that he seems to have some semblance of a brain but his skull can be so damned thick for some of the most simple ideas and thoughts...

Rebels:

B-wings(Airbase)

V-wings(Toy Box Units)

Empire:

Imperial Lamda Shuttle(Airbase)

Tie Advanced(Airbase)

Trade Federation:

Battleship

Droid Controlled Ship

Sith Probe Droid

PK Droid

Naboo:

Gian Speeder

Flash Speeder

Naboo Yacht

Naboo Royal Cruiser

Gungans:

Gungan Bongo

Republic:

Republic Assualt Ship

Republic Cruiser

Confederacy:

Geonosian Sonic Blaster

Everyone could build Jedi Knights. The only difference is that the Republic would have better jedi, just as the Rebels have better air, and the Empire has better mechs.

luke - not necessarily. As i said, im looking at SW:GB2 for this change, and we dont know how things would work. But the jedi and gunship would give the Republic good ground forces, while their air forces would be above average.

Originally posted by Darth Windu

Everyone could build Jedi Knights. The only difference is that the Republic would have better jedi, just as the Rebels have better air, and the Empire has better mechs.

Okay. Well I think Rebels should have better troops. I mean, in the movies they had great accuracy and were able to take out tons of stormtroopers. The repeater trooper should be their UU!!!! And Rebel Air isn't different enough - the Adv Fighter should be their UU!!! Since their air did so well in the movies! Hell, why stop there, the Hvy Assault mech and Hvy Mech Destroyer should be Empire UU's, since many of the big scary mechs in the movies belonged to the empire. :rolleyes:

You don't seem to comprehend that with Generic units, completely denying key units to all but 1 civ is hard to balance. And please don't use AoE as an example of "effective" unit denial, it would only prove my point.

And you make yourself sound like an ignorant fool. The Republic would have better Jedi? THEY ALREADY DO, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!!! And they probably will in any sequel as well, to reflect their central role in the republic military. But having better units does not mean unbalance the game. And it does not mean make a fun unit that ALL Star Wars fans can recognize and make it a UU.

Windu,

I don't know enough about you but you seem like an idiot who wants all for one civ.

The republic is not the favorite civ of many many people and all of us have tried to stop your ''all glory to the republic'' ideas...

You should realize now that you cannot change people's mind.

People cannot accept that one civ has a too big advantage against the others.

Who cares if the republic has many jedis?

Why wasting your time arguing about that fact?

We all know that the republic has many jedis...but the jedis will all be killed...

ALL UNITS ARE SOMEWHAT UU! They have minor differences but they have differences...An AT-AT has never been seen being piloted by a gungan so that makes it an imperial UU even if it is an assault mech and everyone has an assault mech...

Luke - this idea of having jedi master's republic UU's is only a small part of my vision for SW:GB2. As i have said before, the entire concept of jedi would be overhauled, and to give the Republic the best jedi, they would have master's as all civ's would get generic Jedi (and sith or dark jedi). As they would all be equal, the Republic would be the only one's to get the Master. Do you understand the idea now?

Originally posted by simwiz2

Okay. Well I think Rebels should have better troops. I mean, in the movies they had great accuracy and were able to take out tons of stormtroopers. The repeater trooper should be their UU!!!!

Well, ignoring the opening scene from Star Wars where the Rebels got obliterated, or Hoth where they might have been able to hit but couldn't damage anything, or Endor where the ewoks did all the work... wait, where are the truly accurate Rebels (other than the heroes, of course)?

Still and all, skipping the sarcasm, you might have a good idea. :) Of course, if the Imperials have such lousy aim, then they need to have the repeater, since apparently they only way they'll ever hit anything it with a wide spray of fire. Instead with could create snipers for the Rebels. :) Attack rate of the heavies, but with maybe double the range and the highest laser trooper damage (since they're doing their best to make killing shots instead of just shooting). :) Now if we could get them to climb cliffs or hide in forests (or maybe bell towers)...

(Btw, snipers is an old thought of mine, but I never got around to presenting it before.)

Kryllith

Kryillth, you were being sarcastic right?

to give the Republic the best jedi

If you were to actually play the game instead of playing C&C and pretending you know what you are talking about, THE REPUBLIC HAS THE BEST JEDI ALREADY!!!

a small part of my vision for SW:GB2

I pray that you won't get into any more details about this grand vision of yours. I can probably assume that the only civ would be the republic (since they all came from on place right, and you love the republic so much that everyone will be merged together into them) and they would have three units: the jedi master, the gunship, and a trooper/mech/air/heavy unit that fills every role so that you dont have to GROUP YOUR UNITS!!!

Archived