Home

Unique Units for SW:GB 2

Darth Windu

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the overall, yes, I was being sarcastic. I actually thought of snipers as a special unit a month or two ago when people were talking about making normal infantry and repeater infantry two seperate units. My original idea would be to give them better line-of-sight and range (scopes) and better damage (precision shots) but slower firing (comparably to the bounties or possibily regular troopers since they need a little time to line up their shots) and less armour (since they'd be concerned with stealth). I wouldn't really consider moving through the forest/climbing cliffs as an option in swgb, but who knows how swgb2 might work. :)

Might be nice, but it tends to make the sight-beyond-sight power of the Republic relatively useless and would result in snipers having a range around assault mech, which may or may not have it's own problems especially since they'd be outdistancing the strike mechs and possibly turrets. Of course they move slower and would be primarily anti-small target (troopers/workers/medics/bounty and possibly jedi, though not to the degree of bounties) so it might not be such a big problem.

Kryllith

I got an idea for a unique unit for a new civ. How about they add the Mon Cal in GB2 (i hope they keep all existing civs) and give them a unique unit that was an amphibious mech. You know, it would be a real tough mech; kina like an assault mech but this one could cross rivers and water. You wouldn't be able to load up units into this mech though or it would defeat the purprose of a transport boat.

They should also add Bothans as a civ. Their unique unit would be an infantry unit that could cloak itself and stay cloaked while it attacked.

Originally posted by Sithmaster_821

I pray that you won't get into any more details about this grand vision of yours. I can probably assume that the only civ would be the republic (since they all came from on place right, and you love the republic so much that everyone will be merged together into them) and they would have three units: the jedi master, the gunship, and a trooper/mech/air/heavy unit that fills every role so that you dont have to GROUP YOUR UNITS!!! [/QUOTe]

:lol: :lol:

These threads are some of the funniest I have seen. In fact, this forum wouldn't be nearly as fun without morons like Windu to call stupid, dumb, n00b, and other things that will lower his self esteem. :D

Idiot, are you still missing his (and my) point?

Originally posted by Darth Windu

THE REPUBLIC WOULD GET MASTER'S TO HAVE THE BEST JEDI!!!!!!!!!!!

Windu, let's review.

You say: The reps would get the best jedi by having masters as a UU.

Me and Sith say: They DO have the best jedi, why make it a UU?

You say: They would have masters as a UU to get the best Jedi!!!!

I give up. There is just no talking to that child. Windu, I only have one suggestion right now. Reread the last 10-15 posts on this thread a few times, and see for yourself how stupid you sound.

Originally posted by Teabag

I got an idea for a unique unit for a new civ. How about they add the Mon Cal in GB2 (i hope they keep all existing civs) and give them a unique unit that was an amphibious mech. You know, it would be a real tough mech; kina like an assault mech but this one could cross rivers and water. You wouldn't be able to load up units into this mech though or it would defeat the purprose of a transport boat.

I don't have a problem with the idea except for the obvious complaint (which is already made to some extent about the Gungans) that if you ended up with in a random map without water then you're pretty much sunk (or not sunk, given the lack of water). Basically you'd lose a unit. Now if they gave Mon Cal an assault mech with a special power/upgrade to move across water, that might work. It would still lose its water advantage on non-water maps, but at least it would still be usable.

Kryllith

That sounds like a good idea! IThe ability to make repeater troopers and armored troopers at the same time. That goes back to getting rid of tech levels and having all the units avaiable to you at the beginning of the game. I want the new unique unit of the rebels to be a B-wing, Tie Advanced for Empire, Wookie Jedi (similar to having a Wookie Bounty Hunter), Naboo Cruiser for Naboo, a second submersiable ship for the Gungans, Trade Federation Battleship for Trade Federation, Geonosians with sonic blaster and Republic Assualt Ship for Republic.

If you wanted a 2nd Unique Unit then here are my units for that:

Naboo- (Naboo Yacht)

Wookie-? Not sure on this one

Rebels-Changing Troopers for different environments- (e.g. snowtroopers for tundra, snow, endor troopers for forest, wooded environments, yavin 4 troopers for savannah and flats)

Empire- Imperial Lamda Class Shuttle that lands on landing platform and ground, carrys 10 troopers, and also has folding wing capability

Confederacy- (Anti-air mobile is the only one that fires ground missles at ground opponents?

Republic-Artillery can shoot at aircraft

Krylith it would be an amphibious mech...that means it can move across water and land too. It would be good for situations where people block off those shallow parts of water. These mechs could just go around, but once again, you shouldn't be able to load up troops in it or people who use the Mon Cal civ would no longer produce transport boats.

My bad; I misread it and was thinking of a water-only assault. Makes me kinda wonder if mechs that can hover (TF) would be able to go over water. Probably not since they're most likely designed to push of the solidity of rock/dirt. But yeah, if they had a mech design like a hovercraft/swampbuggy then it would probably work quite well.

Kryllith

Simwiz - with the jedi, for SW:GB2, this is how it would go

-(1) all civs get generic jedi knight

-(2) to have the most powerful jedi, the Republic would get Masters as a UU

(3) Now do you understand?

1 - As for the generic knight, we don't even know if they will use a generic unit set for a sequel. But I think it is safe to say that at least the Rebels, Empire, and Republic will get some kind of Jedi or Sith Master.

2 - LOL!!! You already said that several times! And I said they do already have the best jedi... and you go and say they need the UU to get the best jedi. You aren't too bright are you? Go back, read my previous post on this thread, and then seriously reconsider your post.

3 - I have understood your inane plan since you first suggested it. The only thing I don't understand is WHY that will help gameplay. I am also baffled at how you missed the point of my last post entirely.

I will say it again: THE REPUBLIC ALREADY HAS THE BEST JEDI!! Now do you understand?

Simwiz - i really do not know how you are failing to understand this. The idea goes that, for SW:GB2-

1. Every civ gets the same jedi. No differences at all (ie gungan jedi as good as rebel and naboo jedi). Obviously, this means that no-one's jedi will be stronger than anyone else's.

2. As a result of 1, the Republic would recieve Jedi Master's as a UU in order to have the best jedi in the game.

Now do you get it?

Simwiz - i really do not know how you are failing to understand this. The idea goes that, for SW:GB2-

1. Every civ gets the same jedi. No differences at all (ie gungan jedi as good as rebel and naboo jedi). Obviously, this means that no-one's jedi will be stronger than anyone else's.

2. As a result of 1, the Republic would recieve Jedi Master's as a UU in order to have the best jedi in the game.

Now do you get it?

1 - That is just plain stupid. GB2 may use unique sets, in which case probably none of the civs' Jedi will be exactly the same. And what is the point of changing the way that the republic gets the best Jedi? The net result is almost the same. Remember, you need to prove this is a good idea, no one else needs to prove it is bad.

2 - IMO, the current way the republic gets the best jedi - unique techs, all jedi techs, etc. works much better than making the master a UU. Once again: WHY should it be changed?

Now do you get this: the burden of proof is on you, and so far you have supplied no reason why making masters a UU is better than the current method of giving the Republic all Jedi techs and unique Jedi techs. Why is it better than, if GB2 uses unique sets, just giving them better jedi techs and unit stats?

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

it should have even more weak mechs or aircrafts without shields.

No shields for aircraft? I bet Windu would change his mind about his idea pretty quick, since all he really wants to do is overpower the Republic.

Windu's dreamgame:

Republic: 10 UU's, strengths are Mechs, Troops, Air, Jedi, and Heavy Weapons.

All the rest: 0 UU's, weaknesses are Mechs, Troops, Air, Jedi, and Heavy Weapons.

posted somewhere on these forums by me

windu are you one of those people who just repeat what you say but louder when other people dont understand/disagree?

Thank you, you've answered this question. If you can explain why you want to fix something that is not broken, using words and common sense, please do so. Remember, this is a public forum, so other people can see your posts.

Ok, the idea goes like this-

When it comes to jedi, they all work for the Galactic Republic (except for hero units), and thus the Republic should have the strongest jedi.

In the game, as the idea of jedi is 'calling for help', all of the jedi produced should be the same, as they would all be coming from the same place with no favouritism.

As a result of this, no-one's jedi would be stronger than anyone else's, yet the Republic shou;ld have the strongest jedi.

Solution - give the Republic Jedi Master's as a UU.

Balancing would not be too difficult, and the main reasons for this would be to have greater realism; a larger focus on each civ's strength's and weaknesses, not jedi; to give the Republic the strongest jedi; to have less micromanagement (ie researching upgrades)

In the game, as the idea of jedi is 'calling for help', all of the jedi produced should be the same, as they would all be coming from the same place with no favouritism.

As a result of this, no-one's jedi would be stronger than anyone else's, yet the Republic shou;ld have the strongest jedi.

Solution - give the Republic Jedi Master's as a UU.

Your first and second paragraphs contradict each other. You say all Jedi should all be the same, no favoritism - which I can partly understand for realism, but NEVER for gameplay. Then you say the Republic should be "favored" by having the strongest jedi unit - the master as a UU. But if all the Jedi are the same as you are arguing, then anyone could get masters.

Think of the Jedi Knight's as standard Strike Mech's and the Jedi Master as the Destroyer Droid.

One of the strong points of the Republic is, and had always been, jedi. What im saying is that all jedi should be equal, while the Master should be a republic UU in order to emphasise the Republic's reliance on jedi.

As for having jedi knights all the same, other parts of the previously jedi-strong civ's (for example, rebels and naboo) would be strengthened in order to make up for the loss of jedi strength.

When it comes to jedi, they all work for the Galactic Republic (except for hero units), and thus the Republic should have the strongest jedi.

The jedi are their own group and they serve, without favoritism, to whom ever requires their service. Since the republic is overbearing in the galaxy and serve as a symbol of peace, they are usually called upon in the name of the republic. The jedi do what they think is right, and what they think is right usually corresponds with the republics agenda. The jedi would gladly lend a master to the wookies or the gungans, but civs that serve in the name of justice are more likely to get jedi assistance

Archived