Home

Unique Units for SW:GB 2

Darth Windu

In respect to the Jedi Master issue-

I have already posted conclusive evidence that the Jedi worked under the authority of the Republic, at least during the events of Ep1-3. Also, i dont think there is any debate as regarding that the Republic should have the most powerful jedi.

Having said that, the different civ's UU's would be-

- Naboo = Royal Crusader

- Wookies = Berserker

- Empire = Imperial Guard

- Republic = Jedi Master

- Gungans = Amphibious Trooper

- Trade Federation = Grapple Droid

- Confederacy = Geonosian Warrior

Of course there would also be changes to the Jedi Knight, which would be more powerful and would have exactly the same specs for every civ.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Darth Windu

In respect to the Jedi Master issue-

(1) I have already posted conclusive evidence that the Jedi worked under the authority of the Republic, at least during the events of Ep1-3. (2) Also, i dont think there is any debate as regarding that the Republic should have the most powerful jedi.

(3) Having said that, the different civ's UU's would be-

- Naboo = Royal Crusader

- Wookies = Berserker

- Empire = Imperial Guard

- Republic = Jedi Master

- Gungans = Amphibious Trooper

- Trade Federation = Grapple Droid

- Confederacy = Geonosian Warrior

(4) Of course there would also be changes to the Jedi Knight, which would be more powerful and would have exactly the same specs for every civ.

1 - And I have conclusive evidence that X-Wings were used in the movies exclusively by the Rebels! Adv fighters should be a Rebel UU! Rebels should have the best Air! Their current UU's aren't enough! I want a UU!!! :rolleyes:

2 - They already do, let's not get into that argument again.

3 - If GB2 uses unique sets then almost all units will be a UU! And you only want one UU per civ? Lame. All the civs would play the same. Besides, what about your precious Gunship?

4 - Which, of course, would be boring. Imagine if they did that for every unit - all civs have the EXACT SAME strengths in each unit - except that each civ has ONE unit that they EXCEL at. What a boring game that would be.

I would go with the unique sets idea

make each civ different from each other...

in this version of SWGB, the rebel air is strong, but then it's still insufficient to really launch a large siege based only on air units... (possible , but not likely)

luke - im talking about SW:GB2, so how can the republic have the strongest jedi in SW:GB2 if it doesnt exist yet???????????

How the hell do you think they will have the strongest jedi!??!??!?? THE SAME WAY THEY DO NOW!!! Bonuses, techs, etc! NOT A DAMN UU!!!

Honestly, Windu, think a bit before you post.

This is the idea for jedi-

EVERYONE WILL GET THE SAME JEDI!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hence, for the Republic to have the most powerful jedi, they would get the Master as a UU!

Of course the Knight ad Master would be different to what they are in SW:GB, due to the altered use of them.

NOW do you understand the idea?

sithmaster - why add more micromanagement and tech levels when you can add a UU? It is a lot easier and increases the amount of time a player can spend on combat and tactics instead of micromanaging their base.

EVERYONE WILL GET THE SAME JEDI!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hence, for the Republic to have the most powerful jedi, they would get the Master as a UU!

Of course the Knight ad Master would be different to what they are in SW:GB, due to the altered use of them.

NOW do you understand the idea?

sithmaster - why add more micromanagement and tech levels when you can add a UU? It is a lot easier and increases the amount of time a player can spend on combat and tactics instead of micromanaging their base.

uh, didn't u read our replies?

NO UNIQUE UNITS, use unique sets instead

meaning that all units will be unique...

that way we get more variation and it suits the story better....rebel don't have that much mech crap like the empire..

Micromanagement is the dumbest idea...

dude, if u want micromanagement, u can go play ur ghetto warcraft 3...

in addition to ur micromanagement concern....

as I have suggested, the heroes in SWGB 2 should be like EE heroes, the warrior heroes gives tactical assistance (micromanagement) , and strategist (dun think u guys want this) gives strategic assistance... (well shouldn't have strategists like this, cause WE are the strategists, this will ruin the fun)

when we play this game, we should be figuring out the strategy

as it titles, RTS, Real Time STRATEGY

not Tactics.....I have to admit that tactics is important, but then it's not first priority, if there are two battles fighting at the same time u'd be screwed...that's why i think tactical heroes would be helpful.

(in EE, tactical/warrior heroes will autometically arrange ur army into best attack position, and it will also command ur armies to destroy the most menacing buildings/units first....u know, just tactical stuff...really really helpful, of course u can overwrite the heroes' command, the heroes willl command ur army when ur troops are encountering enemy forces...and u didn't give specific commands to ur trooops)

if u are not convinced

go try EE, the heroes in EE are just cool

u only need to do the strategic part, the heroes will assist u on the battlefield

strategy is a plan that benefits the war in general

tactic is a plan that benefits a single battle

big difference...

this is why i don't like Warcraft

TOO MUCH micromanagement in battles

and the winning and losing is relied on one battle or just several...

and this is why i said Warcraft is more like a RPG than a RTS game

when u play RTS game, u are looking at the winning the war, not winning a battle...

when u play a game liike GB

u just order ur army to attack, and do some minor adjustments to formations and attack sequences...that's all

normally the AI takes care of the details

and like i mentioned before

let the heroes do the tactical details....not u

u got more things to take care of than just trying to make ur archmage cast blizzard and making ur paladin revive at the same time...that's boring

(1) EVERYONE WILL GET THE SAME JEDI!!!!!!!!!!!!

(2) Hence, for the Republic to have the most powerful jedi, they would get the Master as a UU!

(3) Of course the Knight ad Master would be different to what they are in SW:GB, due to the altered use of them.

(4) NOW do you understand the idea?

(5) sithmaster - why add more micromanagement and tech levels when you can add a UU? It is a lot easier and increases the amount of time a player can spend on combat and tactics instead of micromanaging their base.

1 - Give one good gameplay reason to do this.

2 - This is only true if you can provide a good gameplay reason for 1.

3 - I would hope that in a new game everything would be a bit different to provide replayability. But differences in units does not mean overpower the Republic.

4 - I still do not understand WHY this is a good idea at all, and as the creator of the idea it is your job to back up the idea with some gameplay reasons for it, and make me understand why the idea is so good. The burden of proof is on you, and you need to do better than "well it was like this in the movies" or "the civilopedia says jedi report to the republic", etc. None of that matters at all. GAMEPLAY reasons, Windu.

5 - Sounds like you want a clickfest. No, no techs, too much micro, and no villies either, too much micro, no econ, let's just each start with some units, right click on the enemy's units, and slug it out. Except I will win because I am the Republic and I get my masters while they have knights. :rolleyes:

WHY ADD A UU WHEN YOU CAN USE THE TRIED-AND-TRUE METHOD OF BONUSES, TECHS, ETC. Not only will this method be more readily accepted, it allows for more diversity. With your UU idea everyone except the Republic will have the same Jedi. BOOORING! If everyone has different Jedi it makes for a much more fun game.

Because if they didn't have their UU there wouldn't be an overpowered civ for Windu to beat the AI with.

Windu-

- (1) they are sent where needed, no favouritism

- (2) it would shift a greater focus on a particular civ's strength's and weaknesses

1 - How does this have anything to do with gameplay? This is simply your version of realism.

2 - You'll have to explain this one a bit more clearly. Making a certain unit identical to all but one civ focuses on a civ's strengths and weaknesses in the game how? Unless you are talking about your pseudo-realism again. If you are you need to remember that the game cannot be exactly like the movies; such a game would likely lose all its fun.

You have STILL not shown a single gameplay reason to make such a change.

I will say again that I have understood the idea since the day you were posting on lucasforums and the foolish notion to overpower the republic by giving them Jedi Masters as a UU popped into your head.

- they are sent where needed, no favouritism

If there was no favortism, why is the republic the only one who gets access to masters. Does the jedi council send them illegally via jedi smugglers.

it would shift a greater focus on a particular civ's strength's and weaknesses

No all it would do is give them another unit to play with, and, actually, the republic would probably use less knights than everyone else cause they got masters. however, if the republic were to get bonuses for ther jedi, i would bet that they would devote more of their resources towards jedi, thus they would feild more jedi than anyone else, which is an interpretation of the movies that we both agreed on.

simwiz - what i mean, is that each civ would have exactly the same jedi, and hence they would all be as powerful as each other.

Because of this, there would be a greater emphasis on each particular civ's strengths and weaknesses, as jedi wouldnt be able to be regarded as a strength or weakness.

simwiz - what i mean, is that each civ would have exactly the same jedi, and hence they would all be as powerful as each other.

Because of this, there would be a greater emphasis on each particular civ's strengths and weaknesses, as jedi wouldnt be able to be regarded as a strength or weakness.

Okay, as I suspected it was your psuedo-realism. This is not a GAMEPLAY reason, so as far as I am concerned you have still not posted any good reasons to back up your idea.

Archived