Home

Confederacy / Federation merger for SW:GB 2?

Darth Windu

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Darth Windu

As i said, im not asking for the Confederacy/Federation to be merger, simple for a representation of the Federation in the Confederacy. I'm sure it wouldnt be that difficult.

???

Didnt you say that you wanted a Confederacy/Federation merger in your title? :confused:

after the battle of naboo the Mtt's first and last real battle ALL MTT's were impounded and the plans taken away so if the TF was merged with the confederacy MTT's wouldn't be assault mechs because they didn't have the designs or any of them left so it wouldn't be cannon and also it would be cool to see TF battle droids in the conbfed army but it wouldn't fit have you seen in the movie that the super battle droids look more like the beta versions Trooper recruits not the trooper and also the trade federation was in the process of forming an alliance but in the film h said he wasn't signing anything till he had senator padme's head on his desk it was only because they were discovered in the process of amking an alliance that they had to help them { the confed that is

Windu -

If you operate under the premise that the TF and the Confederacy are inexorably linked (which by the way, combining forces to a common end does not make you a part of the same civilization), then you might as well merge Rebs and Wooks, Republic and Empire, and Naboo and Gungans, since they joined forces at some point in the saga.

If you think they should cross-over, you will kill what little distinction the civs have now. Most of this game already has identical generic units spread across these 8 civs, if you start putting droidekas in the Confederacy, Berserkers in the Rebs, ATATs in the Republic and Crusaders in the Naboo, you might as well just merge em anyway coz you took away the one thing amongst them all that made them any different. Who's gonna play TF if they can have droidekas AND animals AND Geonosians in the Confederacy?

simwiz - your comparison is flawed, you are talking about nation-states, i am talking about alliances. The confederacy is an alliance, just like NATO. If you asked the question 'is the US part of NATO?' the answer would be yes. If you asked 'is the US seperate to NATO?' again, yes. But as i said before, in any NATO action you will find US forces co-operating with the military's of canada and the other european allies.

worf - the TF is part of the confederacy now, as you would have seen in my quotes from the databank. As i said before, im not asking for a merger, i am asking for the confederacy to show all of the member's as a civ (ie showing parts of the commerce guild, corporate alliance, trade federation etc).

Viceroy - where did you get that from?

the nice thing about a video game is that its a "game"

why are we merging all these civs...it sounds ridiculous. Each civ is its own civ...and its a game so u can be allies with whomever you want! If your talking about the campaigns. I'm sure if they ever do "GB 2" which I doubt...they will cordinate it with the movie. But the movie doesn't come out for another 3 years...hum. So will they have to wait till then?

i subscribe to the official star wars encyclopedia i have read the databank in the game the databnk says that they were reluctantlypushed in with the confed and in the film nute gunray says that and also did you know theat some MTT's were co-opted by the gungan authorities for transports

LOL this thread is so funny. :roflmao:

Here is why they should not be merged: TPM will not work. Then it will appear that the Confeds invaded Naboo, wand the alliance hasn't even formed yet.

Now as for creating Techno Union, etc, as separate civs, that will simply not work as only a few of thier units have been featured. Also the Trade Fed have had thier own unique campaigns, however, give me 1 source were the Techno Union have invaded a planet, and the casual gamer would know about it.

Then why, u ask, the Wookiee civ is there, and not part of the Alliance. Well firstly the whole Alaris Prime thing will break down, and secondly alot of casual gamers think Wookiees are cool, and would be more femiliar with them, Chewbacca bieng a main character.

However, the casual gamer would forget such small references to the Union with only military equipment and an alien representative to be them in the film, which only appear in 1 or 2 scenes.

WHY DONT PEOPLE LISTEN!!!!!!!!!!!

I no longer want the TF and confed's merged, i have already said that. What i want is for the confederacy to show some trade federation influence. Remember the confederacy mission on tatooine, they were using Trade Federation Destroyer Droids...

ok darth listen up... if you had several unique units in 1 civ then they would be almost instopable as worf said who would want to play as any other civ if you could have animals DD's AND geonosian warriors under your control.

THEN we come to the point bout TF and the confeds

THE TRADE FEDERATION DID NOT JOIN THE CONFEDS THEY WERE DISCUSSING IT!

The reason you saw both DD's and all the other stuff emerged was because the TF were making an army (most probably to go after naboo again) but when the republic attacked they defended themselves like anyone would.

Im not sure if they allied after the first few battles tho...

Hmmmmm im not sure if i got a point, i most probably got half of my info wrong hmmmm time to think.

laterz

It does not seem at all to me like the Trade Federation joined the Confederacy. The Confederacy was a conglomeration of dissident systems that Dooku banded together to form a resistance against the Republic. The treaties that the Confederacy signed with the Techno-Union, the Commerce Guild, the Banking Clan and the Trade Federation (the only one of those that had a significant military presence in the PT) was to pool their resources in order to present a significant resistance. It is my belief that the Trade Federation intended to retain their autonomy at this stage in the proceedings. Thus I don't consider them to be a part of the Confederacy to the point where their units should be crossed over.

You know Windu, I think it's good that you can immediately tell the civs apart by their units. If you are getting attacked by stormtroopers they are unmistakably Empire. If you are being attacked by X wings then they must be Rebel. And if you are getting attacked by destroyer droids they must be Trade Federation. It is much better the way it is. Remember gameplay>realism.

to Legacy_Of_Sith

I agree with you. At first I though it was gonna be a UU, some sort of Dark Trooper. Besides, they have an upgrade that makes their troopers stronger but I want it to be added right away without the need of researching it and maybe raise it's cost and built time to balance it out.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

I agree with you. At first I though it was gonna be a UU, some sort of Dark Trooper. Besides, they have an upgrade that makes their troopers stronger but I want it to be added right away without the need of researching it and maybe raise it's cost and built time to balance it out.

That's the only reason I want Battle Droids as the basic troops. Nothing to do with a confederate/trade fed merger or anything.

NATO and the ConFeds are different. If you want to refer to something please try to know what you are talking about. NATO is an agreement that, if you are attacked, we'll all come help you, just like the confeds and the trade feds. They dont combine armies or act as a single unified force like the Confeds. THINK PLEASE!

The was no presence of the trade feds IN the confeds army. They fought side by side moron.

L_O_S thats why they have droid upgrade.

Simwiz, i love your avatar.

Also, side note:GAMEPLAY>REALISM

i told you the MTT's were confiscated they cannot be built after ep 1 because they were confiscated they cannot build more they cannot be in at all the TF had to join the confed because they were discoveredd on Geonosis they were in the process of joining anyway viceroy nute gunray wanted padme's head on his desk for him to join that was the final condition and darth IF there was a mereger in swgb 2 THERE WOULD BE NO MTT's read my earlier post

Signing a treaty and pledging your support to someone is not joining their civilization! The U.S. has a mutual defense pact with Taiwan, we are not part of Taiwan, nor they of us! We are not a part of Britain, or a part of Germany, or a part of Japan!

NATO stands for North Atlantic Treaty Organization. A conglomeration of treatises is NOT a civilization! NATO is not a sovereign nation, an autonomous government or a centralized power base of any kind! It's just an agreement between all of us to share our oil and not nuke each other!

The Trade Federation has a seat in the Senate! Should there also be a Trade Federation presence in the Republic? And since the Republic becomes the Empire, should they not also have TF troops in the Empire civ?

Your idea has two major flaws. First of all, it has no visible benefit of any sort other than supposed added realism, since all you're doing is shifting around some of the art for the generic units. And remember the first law of game design:

GAMEPLAY>REALISM

Second of all, it's a misnomer to even call it realism because it's based on an incorrect premise fueled by a rather anemic sense of geopolitics.

worf - i know what NATO stands for, i study the military. NATO was created as an alliance between the nations of (including recently signed members) the USA, Canada, Britain, France, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Belgium, Holland, Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Greenland, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary to fight together in the event of a Soviet invasion (omit the last three members for this). In that event, NATO HQ in brussels would've taken over operational control of NATO forces, no matter what nation they're from, with the NATO forces from many nations acting as one, just like the confederacy.

I would also like to point out that in response to the 'gameplay>realism' this wouldn't affect realism at all, yet it would increase realism.

viceroy - that is not canon, and i really do not know where you are getting it from but you're wrong.

Archived