Home

WIP: Kit Fisto

Toonces

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toonces,

This will be a really great week if you finally get Kit out on virtual shelves everywhere. I have been waiting for this one for such a long time... :)

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I have always been one to play as a Jedi in my Order... I've always had the appeal of the Light Side of the Force.

However, that Palpatine model (Especially the Darth Sidious skin) is enough to change over to the Dark Side! :) Great skin!!! I'll go over to that thread and thank everyone profusely. :)

I'll look into that Primrodo :)

I've been away from my computer durring the last few days. Had alot of stuff to do, plus I've been really sleepy. I gotta go find a pair of skates sometime this week. I hate breaking in skates, it's always just alful

Anyway, I'm going to do a little work tonight on Kit. All that's really left to do is make his tenticles stop clipping, hopefully that wont be too hard to do :)

it looks good toonces glad you took the time and effort into developing the model. after its release what plans do you have for modeling. in my opinion i think you most likely will not be able to top you Sidious/Palpatine model that was just perfect in my eyes. with all the skin variations that you can choose from, my favs are holo sidious and darth_sidious. but the pics on Kit look very good and i'm a BIG fan of Arco especially on the Palpy and Yoda model skin variants.

Originally posted by Darth Loki Toonces, Kit looks fantastic. Bummer about the tentacles not hanging over his shoulders, but its probably for the best.

Thanks DL :) Thing about the tenticles is that I'd really like to be able to have them in the front too. I would add them if there was a way for me to animate them. I may have a poly heavy version that I'll put out with the extra tenticles, for single player use, or high end machines. That will probly come later on though unless I can find a way to do it with minimal effort

Originally posted by MysticSpade it looks good toonces glad you took the time and effort into developing the model. after its release what plans do you have for modeling. in my opinion i think you most likely will not be able to top you Sidious/Palpatine model that was just perfect in my eyes. with all the skin variations that you can choose from, my favs are holo sidious and darth_sidious. but the pics on Kit look very good and i'm a BIG fan of Arco especially on the Palpy and Yoda model skin variants.

Since Kit is not as much of a popular charecter as Palp is I don't expect any buzz about Kit, alough I will have to dissagree on which model is better. Palp was my first model, and without the incredible skins that the guys made he wouldnt have been much to look at. Kit was built much better, and has skins that are just as exceptional. Anyway, as long as you guys all like him I'll be happy

As for what I'm doing next, I'm unwraping Tex's Qui-Gon model right now, and Arco is planing on skining him, so that's my next project right now.

Hey Toonces...dun know if you know this but you can get some really nice close up screenshots of skins by using the cg_thirdpersonangle 180, cg_thirdpersonvertoffset, and cg_thirdpersonrange. Vertoffset is to make the camera go lower to fit the entire body into the screen and the range is to zoom in closer.

Yeah, I wanted to get some full body shots though so I kept it at a distance. I really dont have the time to get closer shots, I wanna finnish up the model as soon as I can. If I can, I'll try and snap a few though

As to your question blah2k, I think that's the Naboo Hanger map, I'm not sure who made it. It's like a mini version of LDJ's Duel of the Fates with just the open hanger (the hanger is of a much smaller scale)

You'd actually be surprised Toonces on how many people want Kit Fisto. Back in June, there was a poll, and Kit Fisto just fell short of Plo Koon of most requested models. Model looks great, by the way.

and Blah2k, the map maker is Ralph 'ritual' Rademakers, and until tonight when I can get it posted on the JKII.Net, you can find it at http://www.jedioutcastmaps.com under Duel.

And anakin, you could always edit your posts instead of posting again. Especially since the last two posts are similar in content.

Yeah, nomad and I are trying to cook up something good :)

nomad picked out some nice (alough long) sounds for the pain sounds for Palp, I took them out as a last min edit and never replaced them, it was a terible mistake that I dont intend to do again :)

LBuRNa, go back a few messages, this has been discussed

Archived