Home

ArtifeX's ProMod 1.0 Beta -- Released

ArtifeX

I could, but that would take a bit more than just de-protecting it. It could really be abused to look around corners, look behind you, etc. There were definitely reasons it was protected in the first place. I'll see what I can do, though.

Originally posted by razorace

You could uncheat protect it if it's a fix for his request. :)

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just tried it out now, and it seems to be a BIG improvement over regular 1.04. Every stance seems useful. The CSC seems to me to be a rather subtle change, but seems to result in a drastic reduction in blocking. Then again, my aim is bad ;)

Bots seem to be butchered with relative ease, contrary to some opinion - perhaps it's because of their tendency to charge right at you. :)

Tree: I too used hotmail to register - had no problems.

I have to echo Redwyng's sentiments, it's great to not have to hack at somebody 8 times to kill them. I found myself having to think and adjust my techniques constantly, which is a great thing :D

The blocking seems just about right. And it's nice to be able to actually use the blue stance to inflict some damage

Very nice ArtifeX

Toonces

http://www.drivingcatstudios.com

Powered by Sith :lightning

Artifex! I thought you were dead and quit the JK2 scene!

Glad to see you're back and hard at work... ; )

Hey, I say crank out all the mods you want, the community can only benefit from new stuff like this, I'd love to try it out sometime!

Then we can write strategy pages for this mod and others. Up to this point all I'd been seeing are constant rehashes of the Raven-released source with minor changes... for once this mod sounds like it's going to be really different and require different strategies. Good luck refining and perfecting it to what you want.

Originally posted by ArtifeX

OMG. Who's it that's got the cajones to wear that tag?

might have been ME, but last night, it was just me and ASk...

but I be back...:D bring it on *ASC* doofs!:D

(btw, jk, its all cool... I am not one of the freaks that WAS -SC- I just use it, cos like anyone else I hate lamers:rolleyes: )

hope to see some names I know for a change... GL, you gonna need it:)

woot, page 3

You know SPY_jmr1, you could take the avatar, flip the left sunglasses lenses horizontally, and that way you have two good lenses... :) But also, the Pro Mod has been posted on the Files Section, and a little Review on it by Diablo is on the front page of JKII.net...

ArtifeX you mentioned 2 damge scales for saber damage.

Would that be one to balance sabers and guns and a lower one for saber on saber where the guns balencing isn't as important and the saber fights can last a bit longer cause although I haven't seen any non DFA one hit kills they're are a lot of fast kills and although its pro mod I've had a few lucky kills in the heat of battle.

Originally posted by Xenoeye

ArtifeX you mentioned 2 damge scales for saber damage.

Would that be one to balance sabers and guns and a lower one for saber on saber where the guns balencing isn't as important and the saber fights can last a bit longer cause although I haven't seen any non DFA one hit kills they're are a lot of fast kills and although its pro mod I've had a few lucky kills in the heat of battle.

I think he meant that Saber Damage would ramp up for attacks on non-saber wielders.

Okay, here to say a few things about the mod.

1: please have a map rotation, but keeping out imperial.

2: when I joined everyone but 2 players (including me) were using all weapons until 3 maps later.

now for bugs:

1: reported by others in the server too, saber attacks on strong stance seems to have an invisible longer blade...hitting you although the saber model misses entirely.

2: even with 100% accuracy, and the enemy always missing, I tried to block with blue and still got killed in 1 hit (block did nothing). We experimented a few times, and blocks rarely occured...even if the other person had 100% accuracy, and the other player swinging randomly into the air.

1: Saber damage is alot better. If you hit someone that they arn't protecting against, it pretty much kills or nearly kills them. No more red DFA spammers! Someone tried to duel me right away with a DFA, I just sidestepped and kill him with one swipe in the back. Now you have to THINK before you attack.

Great job. Just try to fix the blade bug and the blocking (when facing them), add in a few maps, and it's gonnna be great!

There is also a clan there that joined and would chat kill people trying to duel or testing the saber stuff. JHQ or something like that...would be better if you could get them out of there?

hmm it seems you missed my question artifeX, that or i didn't see the answer... anyway

just a couple things: why can't you push projectiles anymore and it seems as though sometimes i block dfa and other times i dont, even when i am looking directly at them

(thats what i said)

:D First let me say that I really love this mod and I am currently running it on my server.(sorry Jedimod)

I've noticed a bug though unfortunately, people aren't seeing the proper models even when they have them. I have a massive list of models for people to use, but they don't see them and see kyle when in game. I had multiple clients having this problem even though everyone had the models in question. I never had a problem like this before installing this great mod.

Ok, now for my suggestions:

Could you please put in a couple of Admin commands like slap or silence. :cool:

Also, is there any chance you could add the model scaling from Jedimod, so people can use the great Yoda models.

The 2 sabers would be cool to as an admin option for the server, but not nearly as important as the first two.

Other than that, I think you have done a great job and can't wait to see more from you.:D

Originally posted by zerowingzero

That's Twins clan JHQ, that surprised me too, they were useing guns on a server specially designed to test the saber combat, bah i made a post on this in the multiplayer srtat thread.

Really surprised with the JHQ members though.

that kind of gameplay would be hated, but I just came from the server, after being booted for blasting a whiner complaining about how the guns were on... I did use some guns yes, but so did half the people in there... we left the people testing the sabers in the far corner alone, so whats the problem?

it suprised me, the guy who kept calling the votes to kick me, I did nothing to him unless he was in the ffa part of the map, otherwise I left him alone... anyway, they got me on the 4th or 5th vote... I shuld have votekicked the moron who called anyone who used a gun a "fag", but I was kicked before I could...

idea: make it so you cant chain call votes, if someone is not kicked the first 3 times, dont that tell you somthing?:rolleyes:

anyway, i dont mind I guess... I might go back later, if it will let me, as its the most fun I have had in jkii in a long time...

IP? i gotta make a thread with all the servers

Be aware that having auto download on would be a good thing.

I run a lot of custom maps, here's the list of them and where to get them:

duel_faces - http://www.jedioutcastmaps.com/file.php?id=187

irglandingplatform - http://www.jedioutcastmaps.com/file.php?id=254

Padhall - http://www.jedioutcastmaps.com/file.php?id=241

matrix_dojo - http://www.jedioutcastmaps.com/file.php?id=331

matrix_subway - http://www.jedioutcastmaps.com/file.php?id=402

Cathedral - http://www.jedioutcastmaps.com/file.php?id=397

Cobalt - http://www.jedioutcastmaps.com/file.php?id=160

Coloseum - http://www.jedioutcastmaps.com/file.php?id=427

It would be best if you download these before joining, much faster and prefered.

Originally posted by SPY_jmr1

that kind of gameplay would be hated, but I just came from the server, after being booted for blasting a whiner complaining about how the guns were on... I did use some guns yes, but so did half the people in there... we left the people testing the sabers in the far corner alone, so whats the problem?

I really wouldent care about guns, hell i'm usually the person they complain about useing them, but when the server is there for the sole reason of testing out the saber combat system, why not go to another server to use guns? I personally hate those people who whine about guns in guns servers, SO servers outnumber them 3 to one, but there is only 1 (now 2 Thanks blackfire) Promod servers that i know about so there really isnt a choice execpt playing againsed Bots

Archived