Home

MGS2 Model Updates!

Darth_Kitty

Major Updates!

I got the ak-74 in. I also made certian weapons not "glow" when fired. So now it's like....hmmmm...oh I know. It"s like Counter-Strike were you can't see the bullets :) A very lazy thing to do :D

Also I coded a completly new game type. Just having troble to get it in-game. Also, Ninja's skin now (finally!) looks like the real thing but updated. What else.....oh! And I crashed my PC 12 times (and I have XP too! Oops! LOL) in 1 hour! Looks like that new flash......oops! Never mind. ;)

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have great news! The mod now has a BAD-ASS M-16! It aready had one (Blaster E-11 > M-16) but since it was the blaster, it had only what I called Single and Burst modes. However, I was trying to think on how to explain the AK-74U'S Secound mode, which was a explosion. Then last night when I was asleep, I though " Hey! I know! Make the M-16 the Repeater! That way it has Burst AND Grenade Launcher! And that solves the AK cause then it will have only Single and Burst! Ok. Tommorrow, change the explosion to a.......real looking explosion!".

A few hours later

":D OOPS! Sorry Desann! I didn't mean to launch a grenade at your face! Muhahahahah!"

MAN! LATELY I HAVE BEEN ON A ROLL!!!!!! :D :D

Okay, update time (sorry for the silent treatment):

I've finished relinking all the tags, parts, and caps and stuff and checked all that hard-to-do crap for Solid Snake. Now all that needs

done is weighting Snake.

By the way Darth_Kitty, I've found some Metal Gear Solid music if you want it for your mod.;) It's all in good quality too. :)

*EDIT*- The songs I have are:

1.)Ninja is back [GrayFox.mp3]

2.)Danger.mp3 (Alert music that occurs in MGS 1 when a guard sees you.)

3.) Zanzibar Breeze

4.)The theme that plays during the Snake/swimming underwater/opening credits scene in MGS 1.

No Jamie. I had the M-16 in aready, but it only had Single and Burst and the AK had only Burst and....er......grenade. So I switch them around and edited the Repeaters secound effect. Now I just have to find a way so that the secound attack doesn't use the ammo for the Burst cause then players will have ALOT of grenade to pull!

I am almost done for a beta for the TEA mod. It will have (I hope) one model Solid Snake. Also it will have the weapons and some of the sounds for commanding you squad. The beta testers are so far:

==============================================

PerfectJamie

raiden668

VampireHunterD

and

bomberman_xc

==============================================

:D

I will try to fix and talk to Vamp to see if the model is done. If it is, I will upload the mod to my bros site

http://www.awardwinningdesign.net

The Closed Beta will be.exe'd then ziped with a password lock just in case it is found on the site.:D

Thanks.

Mm, sweet..Looking forward to it, S. I got a couple more ideas for you, bud. I'll blip them to you hear or on MSN, s'up to you. Looking forward to picking apart all the bugs ^_~ just kidding.

*grins, hearing "Raiden" over and over and over* Yes yes, You fools..A Raiden model, wmahaha!

"Change sides? I don't recall saying I was on your's."

Those were my words when I ditch the Flamethrower. :D

Anyway's I am trying to make maps for the mod. And of course the damn 1st person weapon models. Sorry beta tester for the dely of the beta. Our band is VERY busy so.....

Tommorow we are playing a big gig so I won't be on t'll like.......12:00 or 1:00 AM. Oh well :rolleyes:

Also since my bro and I are making a game, I have to spend more time on that ( I love it though cause we are making a kids game and it is a good reason to play my SNES Emulator all night! LOL! Mostly I play the Mutil Player beta of SOFII or UT2003 but Harvest Moon, Mega Man X and Contra are to good to skip.)

Well bye!:D

Why did you ditch the flametrower i know its possible just replace

the Destructive Electro-Magnetic Pulse 2 Gun with flame animations flame thrower models and voila

primary:flamethrower

- launches hot streams of fire at the target

and burns them

secondary:fireball thrower

-launches a fireball over the target and if

charged fully it can launch a

devastating fireball and explode into an

inferno which can burn enemys within a

certain radius

thats my opinion bout the flamethrower tell me if this idea is ok

hehe cool im a beta tester without signing up for it (or did I?) oh well, anyway i can help you with the first person view models (i got my sucky socom ingame from first and third person view and the first person view model even had a hand holding it )

YES! That would be awsome Jamie! That would be VERY helpful! :)

you doing this mod alone?

Yes striderx2048. That's why it's taking forever. Really Vamp is helping me. He is importing the models in game while I do the mod (and yes....all by myself :( lol) But I have done this before, the Do it yourself mods. So don't worry. Also I am very good a coding, about as good as my models, really.....I'm better at coding. Mapping.......hehe........I suck. Why? My maps don't suck, there 50 dollar game quality maps but I just can't seem to force myself to finish them. I have over 20 maps that are AWSOME but I get bored of them. It sucks.

Why did you ditch the flametrower i know its possible just replace

the Destructive Electro-Magnetic Pulse 2 Gun with flame animations flame thrower models and voila

primarywer

- launches hot streams of fire at the target

and burns them

secondary:fireball thrower

-launches a fireball over the target and if

charged fully it can launch a

devastating fireball and explode into an

inferno which can burn enemys within a

certain radius

thats my opinion bout the flamethrower tell me if this idea is ok

That is a good suggetion Grey Fox, but.......to me....it didn't seem like it fit the whole MG thing. But I will think about it again. Animations won't havea to be in there, I was doing al the coding in the efx files. Just effects to make it stream, like the light saber, those are all shaders.

Also in other news, I have mad Ninja's helment reflective! And I did the same to the Katana's! :D

Also I would like you guy's to try the demo of "Axe marks the spot". It's has been fives years since ULTIMA ONLINE was out so they made a cool mini-game to celebrate it. And to promote there new Online game :rolleyes:

Well it is 12 AM. In 17 hours I will be playing. So good bye!

:confused:

Archived