Home

Oh my God...

elTee

Ebay Madness

Ok, we all know that some of the stuff that goes on Ebay is wierd, wonderful and expensive. This one takes the cake for OBSESSIVENESS. Whats the bet some geek collected this all his childhood, and now he's gone off to University his brother is selling it on? Its ridiculous. How many versions of Star Wars are there??

Hey, this reminds me, in Galactic Battlegrounds I was interested to see that there was a small loosely based bit on the Star Wars Christmas Special. The Wookie Hero is a guy called Attichitcuk, which it lists in the info section as Chewbaccas father and his grandson as Lumpy. And Han Solo nicknames Attichitcuk, Itchy, which is all from the Christmas Special.

I read some where that George Lucas said he'd destory every copy of that if he could.

BACK ON TOPIC:

I have a feeling he's gotten to the point where he realized:

Episode I: blah

Episode II: so-so

Maybe he thinks that after Episode III (which is the LAST HOPE) that a lot of people will lose interest, and at this time is the peak time to sell sell sell.

I thought Episode 2 was very impressive. I consider an equal of the original trilogy...sure it had some bad lines (Samuel L. Jackson's lines in particular were terrible), but the other star wars did too. There isn't a Han Solo like character in the prequels, but then again Harrison Ford is one of a kind, and replacing or trying to recreate his charm would be foolish.

Episode 2 got back on track by giving screen time to its best actors (Christopher Lee, Obi Wan), and IMO fleshing out a star wars movie that really captured the feel of the first three.

Plus it had plenty of memorable moments....and Jango Fett's head was sliced of too, thats a plus.

I agree. The one complaint everyone seems to agree on is the dialogue wasn't that great in Episode II. There was some bad dialogue and there was some useless dialogue, i.e. there was no need for them to say something it could be just shown (that last point was made to me by someone else, I never picked that up personally, I found myself just enjoying the movie throughout).

And like you said, there's some dodgy dialogue in the first trilogy. But there's also some great classic lines. And someone like Harrison Ford can deliver even crap lines like a total champion, and make it really good.

"Laugh it up, fuzzball."

I think they left it too late. I would have thought that by the end of Episode II the Emperor would be a helluva lot more evil. In part 3 now, he has to go from goody-two-shoes to evilest guy in the universe, and bring anakin with him.

Archived