Home

I am getting a new pc !

Fishflesh

Geforce 4 mx is good right?

its better then a voodoo2? right?

if its not i wil get a new one in the jears if i need it

i read some reviews and thay say a geforce 4 Mx is like a geforce 2 Pro (only the geforce 4 mx has some new stuff and a bit better speed)the speed of the geforce 4 Mx comes close to geforce 3 Pro

my specs now are

pentuim 350

8 mb voodoo 2

64 mb ram

the geforce 4 mx has 64 mb , and i now have 8 so

i think thats better , i dont have to have top of the line

i think i will be very happy compard to what i now have ;)

and if its not good i wil buy a geforce 5 in time

and i wont be sorry its not that expencive

as long as i can play starwars galaxys and age of myt and c&c Generals

The thing about MX is that is costs more then GeForce 3 and it's Anti-Asialing capabilities suck. It can go great on regular, but don't turn on the Anti-Asailing or else your frame rate will drop so bad that you'd have to use an archeologist to find it deep under ground...

If thats what you can afford than take it. I myself bought a GeForce 4 MX 420. But I fould out to late that I could get a Geforce 3 Ti500 for the same price somewhere else online. And its alot better too. Sad day.

Go to

http://www.pricewatch.com

Some of the cards cost around $100-120.

Once I get enough cash I'll upgrade to a 128 Card. But for now I'll hug my Geforce 4MX 420.

Wel it is a good card !

3dmark.jpg

gf3vsgf4.jpg

geforce 3 is not that better and it has less new things!

there are only a hand full of games that suport the geforce 4 ti series!

a Pro

Conclusion

I started out saying that this was not a comparison between the GeForce 3 and the GeForce 4 MX 440, but as you have seen throughout the benchmarks it becomes quite apparent that it comes closer to the GeForce 3 than the GeForce 2 MX comes to it, in fact throughout a majority of the benchmarks it is within 25% of the higher spec GeForce 3, this is most likely due to the higher clocked core and the more efficient memory.

Allot of people have commented on why Nvidia have called this a GeForce 4 MX and not a GeForce 3 MX and they have a point considering that it is basically a higher clocked GeForce 3 core without the two rendering pipelines and more efficient memory, but as you may already know Nvidia are trying to phase out the older GeForce 2 & 3 range for their newer GeForce 4 range of cards so why would they want to name it after a product that will soon be obsolete.

Also allot of people have voiced concern that the GeForce 4 MX only has the two rendering pipelines rather than the 4 that we see with the GeForce 3 and the Ti range of the GeForce 4, this is most likely because if they included the extra pipe lines then it would directly compete with the GeForce 3 range, when they want it to compete with the Radeon 7500; if I could have got my hands on a Radeon 7500 during this review you would have seen how well it competes with the ATI card.

The scores that we have seen here are very respectable for a budget card when you consider that a GeForce 3 will cost you up to twice as much, and you are getting nowhere near that much of a performance gain.

While the GeForce 3 can be twice the cost of the GeForce 4 MX 440, the GeForce 3 Ti 200 is not and in most cases will outperform the GeForce 4 MX440 and with a price tag of anything from $40 to $60 more could be a good option.

The performance of the GeForce 4 MX is actually quite impressive when viewed from the technological standpoint. The GeForce 2 MX had two pixel pipelines and ran at 200 MHz, and it can not hold a candle against the performance of the GeForce 4 MX. Consider that the GF4 MX has performance quite similar to the older GeForce 2 Ultra, which featured 4 rendering pipelines, faster DDR memory, and ran at 250 MHz! This is very impressive. Finesse and subtlety has caught up with sheer horsepower, and the feature set of the GeForce 4 MX far outshadows that of the old GeForce 2 Ultra.

For those who have their doubts about the GeForce 4 MX, it will most likely be another success for NVIDIA. It will also probably outsell the GeForce 2 MX by the end of its lifetime, and there will be many happy owners of such cards through the years to come. Whether this article appears to be another piece of marketing drivel, or the God given truth, the GeForce 4 MX/Go impresses me a great deal for its elegance and subtlety of design. While it may not be a chip on the rendering bleeding edge, it is its own revolution for the value sector. We will be seeing much more of this chip in the years to come.

See i wil be a happy owner :p

Archived