Home

Han Solo model in progress

Major Clod

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

thanx suspect for the complement. i owe it all to sivy b, he taught me. just learned how to do avs with animation this week and i already made 5 avatars.

it's really quite easy, first you need a good gif making program, like movie gear (http://www.moviegear.com it's a 30 day trial). and how i made mine was from the trailer of jedi battles ( sithlord was right). you play with quicktime and when you see a scene you like, press the print screen key and then paste it into paint or whatever you use, then go back to the trailer and advance frame by frame, and paste each of them into paint, make sure you crop them all the same size, then load them into your gif making program, resize it and save as gif, if you need to reduce the size (i.e kb) then you can reduce the number of colors, see if there are any frames that you can delete without effecting the animation and also most gif making programs have an optimize option that will reduce the size also).

it's going to be hard at first but you get the hang of it and you'll find it really easy. so look for scenes thats unique and just have fun with it.

the reason why i used that scene cuz my name starts with L. its a good idea isn't it.

So... I keep hearing a theory that Raven is kidnapping modelers in order to use their models for a sequel. Is that what you are trying not to say, Pnut? If so... I don't know whether to be happy... or sad that I won't be seeing this model for a few more months.

I am still here, but progress has been slow as my final university exams for the year are coming up, so my spare time is limited. I was expecting this to happen, and that was the whole point of asking someone for help with the sounds on the model. However, it seems bw3rdln has done a runner on me, as I have not heard from him since my last post in this thread, except for a private message that stated he had trouble with his DSL, a virus, and had to format his computer all at the same time... He also said that he would get me the sounds the following night... well still no email.

Finding sounds from movies, especially pain sounds, isn't the easiest or quickest thing to do. If you need quotes and that sort of thing, its easy to go straight to the scene, but try to find grunts and groans, you have to basically watch through the whole movie to find them!

Anyway, I'll try and get this done soon, otherwise a release date sometime after November 4 will be in order.

I know that this isn't the solution that you're looking for, but are you sure that you can't use the pain sounds already included in the assets0.pk3? Take it from an expert: I'm a teacher; I punch people daily and, if I do it blindfolded, I can't tell one student from another. The only difference is the duration, which is contingent only upon where you hit/kick them:)

And before you ask... English. I teach English.

If you ask me, I wouldn't do that.

Because those are kids, not fully grown adult males. Everyone of them sounds different.

And I've always been able to tell if someone used stock sounds, because they're so different.

So please, don't make one mistake and put in stock sounds. Making your own is the only possible thing you could do to make this model better.

I don't really like to use stock sounds, as when they are heard in game it seems to make the model feel less like a completely new character. I have all the taunt/speaking sounds I need, I just need to get the pain sounds. I will probably go down to the video store and rent out blade runner, as I can remember some good pain sounds I can take from it, particularly from the end of the movie where Deckard encounters the final Replicant. He seems to get beaten quite often in this movie, and unlike Indiana Jones there is not too much loud background music so the sounds should be alright to use.

Archived