Home

Han Solo model in progress

Major Clod

Originally posted by _NinjaGaiden_

Major Clod you contenue to amaze me with your skills

You just got here how could he continue to amaze you? And if you can skin and you want a ninja that bad that you would post a message about it in every thread you'd figure you would just skin another model to look like one!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Err....the one on the right is the new one?

Am i the only one that thinks the one on the left looks a whole lot better? The only improvement on the right that i see is that the blaster holdster is textured.....the one on the left looks perfect to me besides that.. though the cloths needed more detailed. Doesn't look like Harrison Ford at all anymore.. :(

Though when looking at it as a whole it does look more detailed but if you look at individual parts it doesn't look very nice at all.

Originally posted by Scarlet Widow

Err....the one on the right is the new one?

Am i the only one that thinks the one on the left looks a whole lot better? The only improvement on the right that i see is that the blaster holdster is textured.....the one on the left looks perfect to me besides that.. though the cloths needed more detailed. Doesn't look like Harrison Ford at all anymore.. :(

Though when looking at it as a whole it does look more detailed but if you look at individual parts it doesn't look very nice at all.

In some ways you are right the face is absolutley dead on but his clothing looks to new and clean. i prefered the darker messy look.

i'm really sorry if this is rude or anything. but I have done a quick 5 minute paint over to help you out.

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/han07-edit.jpg

Now altho everthing is tecnically in the right place and correct you are falling short in a few simple areas. Mainly the cloth. Your cloth is quite simply overdone. All I did was take the smudge tool to it and smudge it around to make the creases less over the top. also most of the creases were pointles, just put them where they would appear naturally and ignore other places... also on the trousers at the knee you would just see the cloth bunching up due to the boots. it isn't skin tight so don't texture the knee. And when doing the waistcoat thing just think a big circle for the creases and do it around the armpit. Basically smudge em all together make sure they are in the correct places and you are there. It will take you 10 minutes. I also did bit of shadowing around the holster to make it less stuck on and since it is just resting on top of his tousers it wouldn't really make any creases. Hope that helps. as for the face... that is just SPOT on. Oh yeah before i forget the boots... just add a highlight coming down the middle and smudge in the highlight at the top... it makes em look a little better.

GREAT stuff you got goin'

Arco:deathii:

Cheers Arco, your inputs and paint overs do help a great deal. I've now done the ANH, ESB and ROTJ outfits, and he is ingame with facial animation. Now I need to focus on the sounds and a surprise version of the model that you will have to wait until the release to see :) Will post some screens soon.

First this and the Tusken Raider, what's next in your line of fine looking models?! This model ALSO looks simply amazing... Even the harrison ford grin is there! When you do finish the model you can send it to JKII.Net with an attention that says

File Masters: Model

that way we know its a model to be posted, and not just screenshots. so, just send them to files@jediknightii.net with that attention notice, and one of the file masters, or myself, will get it uploaded and posted.

I was wondering if you are planning on making the meshes available. I was making a Gallandro skin and really didn't enjoy making it on the Lando or the Chiss model. The holster really needed to be a thigh-mounted holster. I'm hoping that it will look good on your model.

Here's a pic of the skin:

http://www.geocities.com/sights0d/Gallandro2.html

BTW... I know this isn't a skinning post. Just hoping to get access to the meshes.

Major Clod, I'd be really intrested to see your setup for how you rigged the face for animation. I've been rigging Emperor Palpatine for facial animation and It looks quite good, but I have a few problems (especially with the eyes and forehead) that just dont look quite right

The model is looking great, every one of your models have blown me away, keep up the good work :D

Toonces

http://www.drivingcatstudios.com