Home

Sam and Max 2

Skinkie

Man, this community has been basically around 10 people keeping it together since like 1997. Even moving it to Lucasforums was a big adjustment for the old regulars. I'd like to see this community grow, but I hope the oldbies would be able to deal with it.

Yeah, Met, EscapeMI was like this; about 15 regulars (Myself, El Pollo Diablo, Monkey_Girl, Guybrush112, Leshmuck (AKA Niko)) just posted, and them a huge onslaught came with Natty and newfoundgloryboy. You get used to it, though.

Originally posted by mercatfat

This is good. Hopefully, it won't be Sam and Max in Space.

Have you read Bad Day on the Moon? It's good, its funny. Sam & Max works just fine in space. Green Mama's is really funny, and jokes of that style never appear in computer games. I doubt the whole game would have been set in space anyway, but whatever.

Wait no, you're right Merc. They should go to the carnival for the third or fourth time.

Let me clarify that statement. 'Sam and Max in Space' was my unofficial name for Infinate Machine's version (hence why 'space' was capitalized), and given their track record with action games (New Legends, blah), I was hoping that Lucasarts wasn't just finishing up their game. Since they're not, my previous comment is rendered completely invalid.

It could work just fine in space, as long as space retains the same run-down/campy (You know what I'm talking about, even though I can't find the words to express it) feeling in the settings that I loved about the comic series and game.

Jet Set radio Future= good. Panzer Dragoon Orta= great. Halo= overrated, but good. Psychonauts= excellent. Buffy=fun. Dead to Rights= very, very fun.

Realizing you've just been owned by common sense= suck.

Then again, maybe you're one of those goddamn purists who hate action of any kind, I.E. "What's the code to beat guys in the Motorcycle duels?" "The action in Sam and Max was great since you could skip it." In that case, you suck.

I bet people are going to think of me as a liker of other games more than I like Sam and Max, seeing as my name is Sanspoof from Grim Fandango and my (current) avatar is of Purple Tentacle. But I do like Sam and Max a lot, and I'm definitely etting 2 when it comes out.

Please don't think of me as a person who enjoys other Lucasarts games to Sam and Max. And yes, this is my first time on the S&M forums. That's a bit of a downer too.

Say, has this got anything to do with this thread? Ah, never mind.

Hey, that's OK. My name is obviously from Monkey Island (3), but I'm here. We're all Lucasfans here, mate.

Ah, crap, I need to stay on topic...

Seriously, though, it's gratifying to hear that S&M2 will be made by LucasArts; I was worried about the direction the game was heading in before, but not now.

Archived