Home

Old Monkey Games for Mac

MacMonkeyUser

I have been searching fruitlessly all over the internet for the OLD monkey games for MAC (M1, M2, M3), but can't find them. Lucas doesn't seem to sell the "greatest hits" III package of games on the MAC OX platform. Does ANYONE have any idea where i can get my hands on the old monkey games?! i love them so much! please help if you have any idea at all ~Colin

• 2 weeks later...

Right, it's not legally downloadable until the owner (LucasArts)holder proclaims it so, or until the copyright or whatever runs out. (like with Alice's Adventures In Wonderland, and Behind The Looking Glass - these can freely be read on the web)

Since everyone got sidetracked on the warez thing and didnt fully answer the guys questions, I've temporarily re-opened the thread. :)

First off, there is no Monkey Island 3 for the Mac. It was never ported. Macs just have Monkey 1, 2, and 4.

Second, LucasArts doesn't support the Mac games at all anymore, they don't even have a Mac programmer. These days, the Mac side is supported by Aspyr Media/Westlake Interactive or whatever they're called, so don't expect any MacOS X support for classic titles ever. Well, not until Monkey Island 5 comes out (shhhhhhh!).

What you should look into, though, is ScummVM, a program that has been ported to OSX made for running the classic LucasArts games. This will let you run Monkey 1 and 2, as well as Sam & Max, Day of the Tentacle and others natively in OSX without having to boot into classic or hassle with virtual memory or anything.

And, yeah, sadly as far as actually buying a Mac copy of Monkey 1 or 2, your best bet is EBay. I'd like if LucasArts would put them out on a CD on the cheap, or in a bundle with Mac EMI, but they seem to be stupid about that. Don't look on Mac Underdogs or anything like that because that would make you horridly evil.

Anyway, re-closing thread.

Archived