25 Professions!

Wraith 8

have you chosen a profession yet?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. have you chosen a profession yet?

• Yes i have. namely.............
    • Im doubting between............
    • I have no bloody idea.
    • professions? are there professions in the game?

yes yes yes.. all professions are known.... have you chosen already? i have. Smuggler.

here is a complete list with discription (copy and pasted from the official site :D)

Architect

This profession combines skills from the architecture and general crafting disciplines. A player in this profession can build structures including player venues, installations, and municipal structures.

Armorer

This profession combines skills from the armor design and general crafting disciplines. A player in this profession can create armor for players and structures.

Bounty Hunter

This elite profession combines skills from the investigation, slicing and combat disciplines. A player in this advanced profession can hunt down other players with bounties and is an accomplished combatant.

Chef

This profession combines skills from the cooking and general crafting disciplines. A player in this profession can create all kinds of foods. Foods are not necessary but are quite useful for temporarily improving a player's attributes

Combat Engineer

This profession combines skills from the engineering and combat disciplines. A player in this profession can both hold his/her own in a fight and repair items that are broken or damaged in combat.

Combat Medic

This profession combines skills from the medical and combat disciplines. A player in this profession can both hold their own in a fight as well as heal those who are injured in the field.

Commando

This profession combines skills from both the ranged and melee combat disciplines. A player in this profession is dangerous both at range and up close.

Creature Handler

This profession combines skills from both the combat and creature handling disciplines. A player in this profession can tame and train animals. A tamed animal can be sold to other players who have sufficient skill to control the creature.

Doctor

This profession combines skills from the medical and chemical design disciplines. A player in this profession can cure all kinds of damage including shock wounds.

Droid Engineer

This profession combines skills from the droid design and general crafting disciplines. A player in this profession can design droid components, instruments and droids themselves.

Entertainer

This profession includes skills from the dancing and musicianship disciplines. A player in this profession can play musical instruments and perform dance routines for the benefit of others.

Explorer

This profession combines skills from the linguistics, outdoorsmanship, and combat disciplines. A player in this profession can “solo” as well as translate for group members.

Farmer

This elite profession combines skills from the farming and facility management disciplines. A player in this profession can grow plants and animals for foods and medicines.

Gunsmith

This profession combines skills from the ranged weapons design and general crafting disciplines. A player in this profession can design ranged weapons and their components.

Image Designer

The Image Designer profession combines skills from the body customization and tailoring disciplines. A player in this profession can modify the way other players look as well as create clothing.

Jedi

Jedi is a special case profession that requires considerable prerequisites (such as being Force sensitive). A player in this profession has access to considerable Force wielding skills, but they would be wise to keep that information to themselves as the Galactic Empire aggressively hunts the Jedi.

Marksman

This profession combines skills from the ranged combat disciplines. A player in this profession is extremely dangerous in ranged combat.

Melee Weaponsmith

This profession combines skills from the melee weapon design and general crafting disciplines. A player in this profession can design melee weapons and their components.

Merchant

This elite profession combines skills from the merchant, facility management, and general crafting disciplines. A player in this profession can operate vendors and run player-venues.

Miner

This elite profession combines skills from the mining and facility management disciplines. A player in this profession can extract valuable resources from the environment.

Politician

This elite profession includes skills from the politics and linguistics disciplines. A player in this advanced profession can run for office and manage a player city.

Ranger

This profession combines skills from the creature handling, outdoorsmanship, and combat disciplines. A player in this profession can “solo” as well as find creatures for the food or taming.

Smuggler

This profession combines skills from the smuggling and ranged combat disciplines. A player in this profession can move “illicit” materials past “faction police” with greater ease and are useful to players involved in commerce.

Squad Leader

This profession combines skills from the leadership and combat disciplines. A player in this profession provides combat and movement bonuses to anyone that is grouped with them.

Teras Kasi Artist

This profession combines skills from the melee combat and melee tactics disciplines. A player in this profession is extremely dangerous in melee combat. Teras Kasi, or “steel hands”, is a Bunduki martial arts discipline focusing on weaponless combat.

Tell me..... what profession you will or might choose... but dont just say it..... explain it .. why....

-Wraith 8-

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm planning on being a bounty hunter. I think there will be a good deal of jobs with lots of players trying to cheat others and such. I guess I, like most people, just like the bounty hunters in Star Wars too. After I have the game for a while I may dabble in smuggling, but only time will tell.

Haha, being a chef would be cool. Both because I think of Chef when I hear it, and because I do a lot of catering. But seriously, since I am thinking of some kind of security type character as my main char, it would propably be either marksman (the gunslingin' sheriff), bounty hunter (since the profession has the right skills, even if I'd had to 'catch the bad ones' instead of just going for bountys), commando (may have to modify the skill tree a little, and add non-combat skills), squad leader (for the leadership), or even a combatheavy politician (solving the worst problems at gunpoint).

Really hard to decide, since a lot of professions can be squeezed into my concept, yet none of them is a natural choise. I'll have to think about it some more, I guess.The advantage is that if the skill trees are as flexible as I believe, a bit of effort will make the character into what I want her to be. Unlike most other MMORPGs, where you are stuck with a template, exactly the same as all other players with the same profession.

It keeps getting harder to decide. I was originally planing on working towards being a bounty hunter....butt he more I think about it I think it might be cool just to be a gunslinging badass. So there's a Commando or Marksman possibility, and then of course there's teras kasi......except I'm afraid that that's where the majority of the jedi wannabe wash-ups are headed. Although it would be cool to go medieval on a room of people. Who knows, I'll just have to look at the particular skills involved in each profession. Definitly combat oriented though....once the space expansion comes out I might smuggle some for a little variety from the killing, but being a chef is a little too close to real life for me.....god i hate italian food after this summer.......so basically I'm going to shoot for a solo-esque badass for starters, then maybe lean more towards a more social aspect. Squad leaders seem cool, but I'm not interested in military......sigh......

Don't be fool stay in governemnt??? POLITICIAN ALL THE WAY WOOT!...Man how cool is it for some guy to back talk to you and you make up some crazy assed law...and say ummm sir, we have no crappy hair-cuit law which says if you have acrappy haircut u get EVICTED then kick the mofo out! YEA!...and of course the aweness of corruptability! but thats another story...well actaully ill talk about it anyway because im very bored anyway.....Theres a bunch of local criminals in you player city...but there is too many of them to take plus the are just an arm of a larger criminal syndicate lets say...the hutts...So you make a "negociation" they pay you a certain amoun of "Mula" and you forget that they just killed you ex-wife.....i mean gaalgoth...yea...gaalgoth..

sorry there got off topic...well those are my reasons for politician...BUt after ive corrujpted many a city..i will move on to be a fighter to blow up the glorious city i have managed!\

MUHAHAH MUHAHAH AMHUAHAH

well I was heavily considering image designer just cuz i love to do graphic design, and I think it'd be awesome to be the best known clothes maker in the galaxy, and all the rich and famous would come to me for their ****. I would also love to be a Bounty Hunter but that would take a while. Of course I'd like to be a jedi, but I'm not even gonna try, and then commando/marksman sounds awesome too.

Originally posted by greg g

thats my other professions that i will accumitively build up....thanks for reminded..this is my highest rank profession that i wil achieve at the puinacle of my gaming experience...does anyone knnow the post or have a link to the one where i posted my future professions?

no:( missplaced it, know it wasn't in the 2 large threads but beyond that, no idea. know when you posted it to narrow it down?

EXPLORER is what I'm definitely leaning toward, because I hate being tied down to one place. It's also one of the most well rounded professions. Though I'm not going to rule out MARKSMAN or COMMANDO. I'm still weighing the pros and cons of each profession. It's not like I don't have time(chokes back a sob).:)

POLITICIAN I have a thing for holding the reins of power... oh and while exploring and teras kasii have thier attractions, I'd much rather order people to go map places or kill people than get my hands dirty, or actually exert myself physically.

Plus the oppurtunity to run for mayor and outlaw free thought and individuality is just too appealing...

oh, I feel another evil laugh coming on:

mwahahahahahahahahahaha!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

RoyalGuard:

"Stop the freedom of choise! Stop it! Stop it!"

-Doktor Kosmos

;)

EDIT:

Gaalgoth: well, my experience is that non-combat roles can be fun as a concept, but will often lead to long downtime (playing time without anything happening), and other boredom when your friends are offline. With a combat character, at least you can go blast some vermins or something.

Originally posted by Wraith 8

could you explain a bit more :D

It looks like a lot of you want to do some shooting :D

well what Set said
well, my experience is that non-combat roles can be fun as a concept, but will often lead to long downtime (playing time without anything happening), and other boredom when your friends are offline.

Exactly Setsuko. And I admire people who can sit there and honestly want to run a gunsmith shop or whatever, good for them.....the good ones will probably be much more useful then I will be. but like you said, long downtime isn't all that grand.....I'm not going to pay to do something boring. As a fighter, you can always just go pick a fight, which I plan on doing alot. and everyone knows that fights are never boring....

Archived