Home

UT 2K3 Demo - OFFICIAL

Absurd

i personaly thought the pace was fast too after i had been playing jk2 for an hour, but after an hour of ut2k3 i thought jk2 was SLOW ..lol so i think it just takes a bit of adjusting, after a while u get used to the mad blur and u start seeing things, reacting quicker etc, specially when u die if u dont :p

-----------------------------------------------------

ooga booga boo

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ah well personaly i think ut2k3, will get boring after a while, there are only so many times u can shoot a person at light speed, but with different coloured soroundings (maps) without getting bored,

but i mean jk2 has a feeling behind it, u watch the movies and see how u allways wanted to be able to do that stuff, but jk2 just brings it to erm..to ur monitor :confused: ...and so theres a roleplaying aspect as well as a fast paced fps that has lots and lots of skill required in it, so personaly i think ut2k3 will be my most played game for about a week but after that ill be back to jk2 thinking im darth maul again :) .

u just cant beat it :fett:

Oh, excuse me for thinking that the developers of one of the greatest FPSs ever would want to bring the genre to new levels once again. But it seems they'd rather cash in with an engine upgrade, virtually no gameplay changes, and practically no weapon replacements with the UT name slapped on it. Shame on me for thinking they could have done better! Shame on me for not being a UT fanboy and accepting that anything by epic is the greatest thing ever!

By your argument, you would want the FPS genre to go absolutely nowhere other than prettier graphics. You would want FPS games to be Wolfentstein 3D with eye candy and physics. You would not want Half-Life. You would not want Deus Ex. You would not want Jedi Outcast. But you would want a simple game where you run around at 50mph and shoot things for no apparent reason at all. Shame on me for wanting something more! Those games don't take hours of manual reading or anything like that, but they do bring the FPS genre to new levels - something UT2k3 will not be doing, unfortunately. The fact that UT2k3 is named after UT doesn't save it from the fact that it should have some sort of originality to it. That's one of the most absurd arguments I've ever heard. 'Just because JKII is named after JK means that it doesn't need any new gameplay or weapons!' And it's not even that I eexpected UT2k3 to revolutionize the genre, but they have the same damn weapons from the last game in it? Virtually no difference between the guns. I simply cannot believe it.

I REPEAT, FOR THEE BLIND IN SIGHT IE *COUGH* ONLYONECANOLI....its called UT, if they upgrade UT and take out the weapons everyones mastered/got used to/play great with, I WOULD GET PI**ED OFF...so let me repeat also that its a UT UPGRADE NOT A NEW GAME!...if they where to bring out a new game it would be called Unreal ****** 2003, with new weapons new game play etc etc etc, *slaps u on the head for being so dumb* ...but its NOT its called unreal tournament, do u see a trend here? unreal tournament/unreal tournament 2003....yeah? just keep repeating them one after the other u will recognise theres a diffrent in them, the that one at the end is a newer version of the older one, ok? how can u bring something new to this game u twat, its been the same since f'in doom came out with an addition of a few new weapons (which they have added) so basically this fast paced fps genre is only gonna go one way, GRAPHICS and PERFORMANE UPGRADE, let me also add there was how many years of a diffrence between jk and jk2?, plus the style of game play in jk and jk2 is diffrent from ut, but back then they didnt have technology or whatever to make the game like jk2 as they probably wanted,

do u think the developers dont sit there spending hours thinking..how can we make this game NEW revoloutinery in the fps world....obviously they do.

then u get ppl like u that run in saying THERES NUTHING NEW IN THIS GAME IM NOT BUYING IT..dam newbie use yer brain before u slabber son

Please knock off the insults. Flaming isn't allowed here. Thanks in advance. :) FYI, when you start stooping to the level of insulting a person taking the opposite side or your argument, it usually means you're losing the debate. Just for future reference.

The simple fact of the matter is that your argument is based on your claim that since UT2k3 is named after UT then it should be the same exact game. Which is quite humorous, at least to me. Since when do sequels have the same guns and same exact gameplay as the original game?

how can u bring something new to this game u twat, its been the same since f'in doom came out with an addition of a few new weapons

and

plus the style of game play in jk and jk2 is diffrent from ut

Anybody else see the hipocracy in this argument? On one hand, everything is the same as Doom, but JK and JKII are also different? That makes a lot of sense. I also cited three games (HL, DX, and JKII) that are not the same as Doom (or Wolfesntein, as I put it). There are many more, and even the original UT was very special in its own way.

I respect your opinion that you think an upgrade is worth $50. I personally do not wish to support developers who half-ass their way to a quick buck. That's my opinion. Hell, if it gets rave reviews and everybody seems to think it's the best thing ever, maybe I'll give it another shot and maybe pick it up eventually. But right now, it doesn't look that way.

Originally posted by Toonces

I've played the demo, and here is my two cents for what it's worth :D

The pace of the game is way off, It feels like all the players are on crystal meth. I hope it's toned down ALOT or I definatly will have second thoughts about picking it up, even with it having a great engine to modify

Gotta lose the double jump dodge thing or whatever it's called.

I found it way too slow compared to Quake 3.

What are you comparing it to?

bah, forget it im fed up repeating my self, and for the gandalf guy, its just like all the other fps shooters, except they changed couple of things, there graphics and performance, so u play it and go WOW those graphics are sweet, oh man i can actually seee that rocket in motion and the detail is incredible, COOL thats my body wriggling on the cround and my legs flying through the air, and graphics are still great look at that detail, wow, but with same weapons same style new maps (THAT LOOK GOOD :D) but no its still ut with a twist :)

I dunno, I always found Quake3 to feel...fake. Not to say that UT is any more realistic. But it was slower to the point of feeling real. The weapons had a much nicer feel to them, and, above all, they were DIFFERENT. Quake3 just stuck with the tired old combo of rocket/shotgun/machinegun etc. Heck, the BFG was nerfed into a tricked out plasma gun. Bah, I say. Plus things like locational damage, wide open maps with surroundings other than deep space, etc. The only thing I wasnt thrilled with were the models. I liked the ones that were there, but there werent enough of them. I was happy with my Skaarj Hybrid, though..

As for the new demo, I like it a lot. I've been playing CTF-Citadel quite a bit, it's good fun. I dont know what you guys are saying about it being too slow or fast, but there is an option in there to turn the game speed up and down. I generally play at 110%, but some people only like 100%. Try experimenting.

Jedi Maz, although your points are good, you're making a fool out of yourself. Just FYI. And your description of UT2K3 is way too simple...

ObiWan, PM me and I'll introduce you to the world of UT.

Originally posted by Jedi Maz

yes that map antalus, where the blob gun is, on a little island place sorounded by water, i was standing staring at it for ages, it looks so amazing :) also on asbestos theres a little pool, i stared at that one to for ages. :D

me 2

*me looking at real life water in UT2003*

:drop2: :drop2: :drop2:

Originally posted by Jedi Spy

56k man :p 5k/s im positive i couldnt download it and i havent even looked :p

I feel the same but I still downloaded it with a 56k.

it was worth it:D

only problem was weird squares and sharp edges cept apearing

awsome detail on maps,

and 'rag doll' effect is so toatally freaking awsome!!!!!!:D :D

Archived