Home

UT 2K3 Demo - OFFICIAL

Absurd

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hum... for those who played this game and said the graphics sucks.... what graphic card do you have?

I got a GeForce 4 Ti4200 with 128MB so the graphics are pertty amazing.

If you got GeForce 2 (i played the beta demo a long time ago when i still had a GeForce2) it will be murky. because the game was designed for GeForce 3 and up.

i agree acdcfanbill,

wth absurd are u some sort of Q3 advertisement team, out to ruin the reputation of ut2k3, the game f''ing rocks, u must have ur machine set up crap or something cos my graphics are lovely and ill definetly be downloading the full game when it comes out , so absurd, why dont u take some of ur own advice, shut the hell up, uninstall ut2k3, start quake 3 and leave us all alone?

kthnxbi

:mob:

i pay for my cable modem, im a college student, i dont make lots of money, so paying for the cable is enough for me :D

if u wish to give me an extra £35 pounds per month so i can buy the game then feel free,

someone with low morals and no money has 2 choices, spend money that he doesnt really have or get for free

HMMMMMMM THATS A TOUGHY

shhh allready tyrion:rolleyes:

Oh man Tyrion its the fact that hes not downloading just for his own use :eek: :eek: :eek:

HE IS BURNING COPIES AND DISTRIBUTING TO THE WORLD WITH A SMALL PROFIT!

Just for the intention of making raven and lucas Arts stop supporting the game with his evil sith ways :(

oh wait...

Knock off the spam. This thread is for UT2k3. Thanks, you two.

I got and played the demo last night, and I have mixed feelings. I think the graphics (the textures are 2x better in the real game, they had to lower the demo size) and the ragdoll physics are simply amazing.

BUT, I can't help but think this game is UT + an engine upgrade. I mean, God damn, they have the same set of weapons in this version, give or take a couple, basically the same gameplay with people dodging like crazy and running around at inhuman speeds. It's just UT plus a couple new weapons (that aren't even original) and some pretty eye candy. And they took out Assault. :| I don't think I'll be picking it up when it comes out, unfortunately, as I was really looking forward to this. I'll be sticking to BF1942.

i really didnt see much of a difference between UT and ut2003, except the kick ass physics, but youd expect that from an upgraded engine.

i was much more impressed with the doom3 video than this demo, so im going to save my money for something i know ill like.

Onlyonecanoli, did u actually think before u posted ur thoughts on the demo? persoanly i think NOT.

since Ut first came out ppl have got used to the game play the GUNS and the style in which the diffrent maps and game types are played.

so do u think the game creators are going to bring out a completly diffrent game in there new version?

obviously not, they want to keep UT alive thats why its still called UT SAME GAME SAME GUNS SAME THE REST ..but with nicer graphics and some added extras,

stop expecting so much, if u want a complelty new game where u can fumble with buttons and spend hours reading through the help manual go play some RPG or something, but as it stands, UT2k3 is just an updated version of UT, making it much nicer to play, a better engine, some added extras and whatever else.

so, stick to ur battlefield 1942 then and be quiet now, thanks in advance.:D

I've played the demo, and here is my two cents for what it's worth :D

The engine itself, especially the netcode runs great, even on my older box. I'm on cable, so I always have a good ping, but it seems much better lag wise then say Q3.

The one model that they included is a bit of a dissapointment, with the exception of the animations, I think they were quite well done. The problem with the model I suspect will be improved to some extent by higher rez textures, but I'll wait to pass judgement until I see more models in retail. One good thing is that the apparent ease of modifying the game will of cource lead to exceptional user made models. I know I'm gonna have fun with that part :)

The pace of the game is way off, It feels like all the players are on crystal meth. I hope it's toned down ALOT or I definatly will have second thoughts about picking it up, even with it having a great engine to modify

Gotta lose the double jump dodge thing or whatever it's called.

double tap jump/dodge is great, if u realise what its for u might consider it to be more usefull. becuase i found it extremly usefull for getting up slopes that normal run and jump dont work.

and the game speed seems fine tbh, im sure in the full version there will be a slide bar for the ..not sure what it was called but u could pick turbo and hardcore, u could allways slide it as far to the left as possible to suit ur grandad pace needs, or else go play rogue spear or something? :D

Hey man, I wouldn't exactly call myself a grandad, but the speed the models move at makes the entire game a blur, (I have a top end computer, it's not my hardware)

I said I disliked the pace, not that I couldn't play at that speed, my aim is, and always has been dead on :D

Archived