Home

who was the idiot!

sHeEpS

Originally posted by sHeEpS

yes but sometimes engines limit the gameplay, for example deus ex, which used the unreal engine, was very limited because not many people could be displayed on one map, making it a very boring game at times..

And i read in about 3 reviews that obi wan uses the jk1 engine..

those 3 reviews were wrong then. Kurgans right. It's the tanis engine. If they used the sith engine they wouldnt have been able to implement the glyph system (which they didnt end up doing anyway).

oh, and thats a very bold statement about deus ex, which is commonly thought to be one of the greatest fps's ever.

As I said above, Indian Jones and the Infernal Machine (aka Indy 5) uses a modified Sith engine.

And i read in about 3 reviews that obi wan uses the jk1 engine..

Then they got it wrong. Just like reviews that say Half Life uses the "quake 1 engine" are somewhat incorrect (though technically, HL uses some Q1 code and started with that engine, people forget. It also uses some Q2 code as well, but most of the code is changed from either engine). I would trust the words of the developers themselves, who stated they were using the Tanis engine. In this case, we have two seperate engines (Sith and Tanis). Reviews CAN be wrong. ; )

The Sith engine had nothing to do with Obi-Wan.

Archived