Home

Has anyone made their system SWG ready, yet?

Exar Kun II

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since everyone seems to be posting specs, I may as well go into detail with the PC I'm planning to put together. I think this is the final-decision hardware list:

Abit TH7-II motherboard

Intel Pentium IV Northwood 2.8B GHz processor

500+ RDRAM (I can never remember the exact number, lol)

123.5GB IBM hard drive

GeForce Ti4600 graphics card

I'll be putting it all in an aluminium case (which acts like a big heatsink) complete with appropriate power supply and cooling fans, and connecting it to a Samsung 18.1" LCD monitor. I've yet to decide if I'll overclock the processor past 3GHz. At last, I shall move beyond the lower-to-mid-range. It shall be my Christmas present to myself; which means it'll be up and running by the time SWG comes out. :)

Originally posted by Dengar

512?

Thats a bit of a beast of a system tho m8, out of curiosity, why did you choose that GF4?

That's the number. As for the graphics card, it's the one thing I already have; ironically, my current machine doesn't care for it all that much, lol. Four years old is 80 in human years...but at least now I can afford better. Assuming I don't blow it up, first. It'll be the first PC I've put together myself.

Originally posted by Trahern Valley

That's the number. As for the graphics card, it's the one thing I already have; ironically, my current machine doesn't care for it all that much, lol. Four years old is 80 in human years...but at least now I can afford better. Assuming I don't blow it up, first. It'll be the first PC I've put together myself.

I recommend letting your computer store put the CPU and the CPU cooler in the mainboard :)

That way you have a nice little guarantee that if you blow your processor up you can get a free new one :)

I should know, I already blew 2 up :D

Originally posted by swediot=)

i know its abit old but jk2 runs sweet and i dont know but i doubt that in game graphix wil be way more advanded that what jk2 is but ive never played a game like this before maybe ill get new graphix but i wanna see if its fine with the one i got before i get a new one

Slaps swediout around a bit with a large trout!

Have you even looked at the screenies? :)

Now go look at them again and tell me again the graphics aren't better then JK2's!

Nah but seriously, im getting a nice system together because I dont want to loose nice visual settings in order to improve my framerate.

But updating your videocard would be a nice idea..

I recommend the geforce4 4200 if your on a tight budget

i know its abit old but jk2 runs sweet and i dont know but i doubt that in game graphix wil be way more advanded that what jk2 is but ive never played a game like this before maybe ill get new graphix but i wanna see if its fine with the one i got before i get a new one

Now go look at them again and tell me again the graphics aren't better then JK2's!

Nah but seriously, im getting a nice system together because I dont want to loose nice visual settings in order to improve my framerate.

Holy smoly!

Sorry for the quaddriple posts!

I thought I had Isp problems when I got a blank screen when pushing reply, so I tried several times.. looks like it still came through!

once again, not my intention... and im deeply sorry :)

edit:

Anyways, you needed several slaps with a large trout anyway!

Getting back to the point of the thread in just a moment, but I'd just like to say: about JK2 graphics, while my current machine tends to freak 5 minutes into gameplay when I'm trying to use my kick-buttocks graphic card, I get movie-style screenwipes that I don't get with the Prophet I usually use. Just a detail I wanted to include. :)

Now, OT once more, I'm dropping the processor down to 2.5 GHz because the website I'm getting the stuff from bundles it with the motherboard and half the memory I want, along with a cooler (which I hadn't really thought about). I've decided not to overclock the processor right away; I'll see how it is at factory settings, then clock it up to 3.0 and decide if I want to keep it there. Not sure how much of a difference it would make, but I should probably find out for the sake of personal experience, etc.

Archived