Home

Apology To LucasForums

Darth Groovy

I posted a pic this morning in a thread that at the time I thought was funny and was intended to be humorous, however I hit a bit close to home and upset some of my fellow swampies. For this I want to apologize, I had no business using that picture and I feel the damage is now irreversable. It was a bad judgement call on my part and I will have to learn to live with this and except the consequences.

Suicide is indeed no laughing matter, I had someone I used to be engaged too who died from sucide as well, and didn't even stop to think about that until now, because I had blocked it out of my memories for so long.

Anyways my warped humor was never meant to insult or hurt anyone's feelings, and I am truly sorry, and shall learn to make better judgements in the future.

Don't worrie groovy Things like that could happen to us all.

I mean I like dark humor as well but somethimes people won't understand it or are offended.

So it's always better to know some one a little b4 you say or show things.

But Like I said Don't worrie and keep on posting the real funny pics because I liked them alot.:thumbsup:

i actually didnt notice it like it was untill gonkh8er posted it wasnt apropriate. i thought it was a funny pic and again was thinking were u got it from. u got a lot off em eey

so, dont worry groovy, i can happen to evrybody.

its only human to make mistakes.

It was A cartoon of a cat with an ax in his forehead, a knife in his chest, and a gun to his head, with a jar of poison next to him. I was just trying to get the message across, "Oh no, another Natalie Portman thread.....kill me. Apparently I went over board in trying to get my message across. It was not so much that the pic was overly grotesque or obscene, I think it was the subject matter itself that was in question. The reason I posted this thread is because:

1. I've never had any pic I posted edited before, ever.

2. The person I offended has not responded to my PM.

3. I am a mod and this makes me look really really bad, we are supposed to set postive examples and this goes against everything that the mods try to establish.

Regardless, it was very poor taste on my part and shall never be repeated. Again, I feel horrible about this and I really don't know what else I can do to correct the situation. I let some people down today, I don't know what to do now. :(

Groovy, chill.

There were a few Pm's to me about the picture and the thread and I agreed, and related to the pic comments. I wasnt the only one who disapproved.

And the pic wasnt the reason for the thread being closed. It was a thread making ms Portman out to be nothing but a sex object, and we cant have any of that discussion here unfortunetely :)

Honestly guys.... it's just a thread. no need to make more threads about it.

I wasn't singleing anyone out here, I just wanted to apologize for the poor taste of the pic, and yes, it is a big deal that I got a pic edited, because that never happened to me before.

I know there were some poeple upset other than you, but I didnt know who to pm other than you. Sorry for posting the thread, but this was something that was seriously bothering me. I care about poeple and thier feelings and I don't like to offend poeple or cause any bad feelings about anything.

Now that all is said and done, feel free to close the thread now.

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

I wasn't singleing anyone out here, I just wanted to apologize for the poor taste of the pic, and yes, it is a big deal that I got a pic edited, because that never happened to me before.

I know there were some poeple upset other than you, but I didnt know who to pm other than you. Sorry for posting the thread, but this was something that was seriously bothering me. I care about poeple and thier feelings and I don't like to offend poeple or cause any bad feelings about anything.

Now that all is said and done, feel free to close the thread now.

remembers when you were yellig out Tyrion....

:D

nah, its ok to make fun of him, he has no feelings, hes onyl flesh and egg cartons. :D

Archived