Home

WIP: Tercero-Anakin Model

-Tercero-

Thought I'd post the screenie a little early in hopes of getting some feedback to help me work on it throught the night.

Here's the link:

http://www.geocities.com/tercero_bootleg/Anakin-Remodel7.txt

or, if that's down, try:

http://www.geocities.com/anakin_tercero/Anakin-Remodel7.txt

So far I have the middle of the shirt, the cloth tabbards, and the belt textured. I still need to build the pouches for his belt, but I lack good reference material for them. If anyone has any, I'd really appreciate it...

Tell me what you think!

Oh, Jessman, no school for me...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks great. Though I think his face needs to be a little bit thinner and a bit longer. Just a little bit. And have ya noticed his eye looks a little off? just wondering if anyone else has noticed that. He kinda looks like he might have a lazy eye. Could be me though. Anyway, it looks great man. And hurray, no school for me either. :)

This isn't so much an advertisement, I just want to share the fruits of my labor. Check out my page updates. Lol, not asking anyone to join. I just want to share my hardwork. Anyway, I've updated my members section and my ranks section. I've also put a few screenshots in the misc. screenshots section. Thanks for all of your support guys. Oh and Terc, if/when you ever get done with the model you will always have a reserved seat in our clan. Thanks for the great update Tercero. Enter my page here

Nice job, thanks for the pics :D

Since your looking for constructive crit, I'll say that I think you could get it to look more like him by improving the facial skin.

I don't think the eyebrows or the eyes really capture his essence. With the skin you could probably give him a better expression. Think about the fact that he'll be in lightsaber battle. Give his expression a little more EDGE.

I think the eyebrows are a little too low, just angle them a bit. Those feint circles under his eyes are a good characteristic of his, but they're not quite right yet. His lips may be a bit too small and round.

As far as modelling, perhaps the face is a bit too round. His cheeks should have a little more angle to them.

In the EpisodeII Visual Dictionary there are good shots of his belt pouches. They're pretty wild looking. I don't have the ability to host any pics, but if no one else can hook you up with any, perhaps I could send you something.

Over all I think the model looks FANTASTIC, I just wanted to stress that while everyone is talking about modelling the face, perhaps the skins can make an equal bit of difference. I still feel as though some "intangible" was captured in this version, so it may do you good to take a look...

http://www.mathus.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/anakin4.jpg

Your current model is definitely improved in many areas, but there is something about anakin4.jpg that both my girlfreind and I feel captures his presence somehow.

Thanks for the hard work!

-nomad

MTFBWY

I think it's the forehead, but I could be one of those "uh DUR, Lord Tnuc..quit being an idiot and use your brain for once!" kind of people...yanno...

Anyway...I'm off to practice with more bots again ;.;...since the shader files on mods and other files don't work for me, I have to delete the shader part and they'll work fine...so nobody has the same file as me...so I can't play with them ;.;

Those pouches are actually fan-made. In the movie the ones he wears are slightly different - they have some sort of ridges in them. The pics in the Visual Dictionary all show them from odd angles, but you can make them out well enough to see diagonal ridges.

EDIT: I think that one of his pouches might look like that - either his or Obi-Wans...

Yeah, his pouches have strange ridges molded into them.

This is yet another model I'm cursing myself for not having extra batteries when I went to the Star Wars: The Magic Of Myth museum exhibit.

They had Anakin's (actual) costume there. I took so many digital pics of everything else there that I ran out of batteries before the final room where they had, among other things, a few things from Episodes 1 & 2, so unfortunately I took no pics of Anakin's threads.

Tercero, I hope you take in some of my suggestions. I've mentioned before about the anakin4 capturing "that certain something" about Anakin. I was just wondering what your opinion is. ;)

I take it you have the Visual Dictionary then. I just looked in it, and yeah you're right, the pic isn't from the best of angles, but like you said, there's probably enough there to figure out the rest. There's also another side shot of one of the pouches on page 63. That may help a bit as well.

-nomad

No release date is set in stone yet, but I'm shooting for a release in the next three weeks. It might be a bit ambitous, given my schedule, but I think that I can pull it off. I know that the model looks done now, but there is still a lot that needs to be done. All the sections that currently have UV's also have textures, so the UV mapping alone will take some time, much less the textures themselves. I did get the pouches modeled - they look pretty nice - I'll post some screenies tonight...

Archived