Pronunciation: 'pA-sh&n(t)s

Function: noun

Date: 13th century

1 : the capacity, habit, or fact of being patient

2 chiefly British : SOLITAIRE 2

Main Entry: 1pa·tient

Pronunciation: 'pA-sh&nt

Function: adjective

Etymology: Middle English pacient, from Middle French, from Latin patient-, patiens, from present participle of pati to suffer; perhaps akin to Greek pEma suffering

Date: 14th century

1 : bearing pains or trials calmly or without complaint

2 : manifesting forbearance under provocation or strain

3 : not hasty or impetuous

4 : steadfast despite opposition, difficulty, or adversity

5 a : able or willing to bear -- used with of b : SUSCEPTIBLE, ADMITTING <patient of one interpretation>

- pa·tient·ly adverb

:D :D ;)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Scotchy

I believe he was trying to tell the impatient and pestering board members to lay off with all of the girlish anticipation. Give the man some time to get it perfect (or as close as possible).

That's exactly what he was trying to say. Terc has already said he will post pics ONLY when there is progress to report. In the meantime he said he would be checking the forum periodically to answer questions.

-Anakin

I thought that I should tell everyone here that work on the model has recently slowed up considerably. As some of you have probably noticed, my avatar recently changed. This change coeincided with my girlfriend and I breaking up. I've been trying to deal with the fallout of the end of a two year relationship, and the model has suffered as a result. I think when I model. It's part of the reason I do it. Right now me thinking has been a bad thing - I need to get out and be with the people who care about me, including her, and it's been weighing very heavily on me.

Thanks in advance for being so understanding - I still will finish the model, it's just that I can't say exactly when anymore. Progress for now will depend heavily on my emotional state, which has been up and down lately, and I can't say how I'll be tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay - I know it sucks, but I need some time to myself right now, I need to figure some things out.

Terc,

Maybe I read it wrong, but did you say you had to get out with the people that care about you, *including* her? If you just broke up with her, why would you go be around her any more than you had to? Perhaps it's not the best idea... healing won't begin unless you distance yourself [from her] and give it time.

But then again, i'm not aware of the specifics of your relationship with her, so if you think it will help you rather than hinder you to be around her, just disregard what I've said. Best of luck to you, and I hope you feel better soon.

-Anakin

I'm really sorry to hear that, tereco. Take as much time as you need. Family, friends, and relationships should come before modeling, while I think I speak for everyone in saying that we want this model, I think I also speak for everyone when I say that you need to let the healing begin before you start up modeling. Best of luck tereco.

Btw, guys, I think we kinda need to lay off now. It's gonna be just as hard to deal with if he comes back and finds everyone reminding him about his girlfriend. Not that he really cares what we think :p:D

No - thank you guys for your advice. I think it helped me a bit in figuring out what I needed... as long as I was still around her, I was never going to get over her, and you guys helped me realize that a little bit.

As for the model, I'm going to get back to work. I want to make some changes in my life, and one of them is that I want to start doing modeling as a career rather than a hobby. I'm tired of my life stagnating, and I think that this model will be a good way to get my work out there, and working on it might help me work things out with myself.

I've got his hands done now, along with most of his upper body, and I should be moving on to the lower body soon. I'm working hard to keep detail up and polycount down in this remodel, and so far I think that I'm doing pretty well. If you want to see the progress thus far, just let me know, but please be aware that it is far from finished.

Thanks for your support and understanding. This has been a tough time for me, and probably will be for some time to come. I think that working on this will help me get over it. Thanks for your patience, everyone.

Originally posted by -Tercero-

No - thank you guys for your advice. I think it helped me a bit in figuring out what I needed... as long as I was still around her, I was never going to get over her, and you guys helped me realize that a little bit.

As for the model, I'm going to get back to work. I want to make some changes in my life, and one of them is that I want to start doing modeling as a career rather than a hobby. I'm tired of my life stagnating, and I think that this model will be a good way to get my work out there, and working on it might help me work things out with myself.

I've got his hands done now, along with most of his upper body, and I should be moving on to the lower body soon. I'm working hard to keep detail up and polycount down in this remodel, and so far I think that I'm doing pretty well. If you want to see the progress thus far, just let me know, but please be aware that it is far from finished.

Thanks for your support and understanding. This has been a tough time for me, and probably will be for some time to come. I think that working on this will help me get over it. Thanks for your patience, everyone.

Well, I think I speak for everyone when I say that modeling as a career for you is a fantastic idea. This is by far and away the most accurate model I have seen to date. There's just no comparison. No one else takes the time, I suppose.

It would be a great way to showcase your abilities in modeling to get this model out. You could always send emails to game companies along with links to your work. I know that one mapper from WLS (Wired Lamp Studios, for the unenlightened) was hired by Raven, so just remember that this may work out as a career for you, and that would certainly unstagnate your life pretty quick, eh?

As for the progress of the model, release some pics already! ;) It's been too long already, and our nit-picking skills may be suffering - how else will we help you to get this model perfect?

Anyway, I think i've blown enough smoke up your @$$ for one post.

-Anakin

Archived