Home

A few unanswered questions.

TheMadDoofer

OK. First thing I want to know is how you go about becoming a mod. I don't want to be one (the responsiblity and all), nut I would like to know. (Besides sucking up to admins)

Another thing is, what would happen if an admin went rogue? Let's say Aristotle for instance. (hypothetically here, don't ban me:D) Could he crash the forums completely to a place of no return?

I was a long-time admin over at XWA way before the merge. When they merged the forums, Ike got the adminship and I got the super mod duties.

The way I got them over at XWA? Just be there, be courteous, shut down trollers and spammers...be part of a good, close-knit community that trusts you implicitly.

And I think, theoretically a rogue admin could screw the boards beyond recognition.

Originally posted by Rogue Nine

And I think, theoretically a rogue admin could screw the boards beyond recognition.

Which is exactly why fergie is only a supermod. :D

Anyways, you certainly don't become one by asking/begging or sucking up, they really don't care.

Niner is right, you just have to be a helpfull part of the community and be here all the time. Of course, that doesn't garuntee you'll become a mod. I mean, look at me, i've been here (and other lucasforum boards) for a long time and yet i'm not one, yet fergie was here for less than a year when he became one. I guess it all depends on whether they need one and who they happen to pick at the time.

Admins don't necessarily have access to the mySQL database, so even if I had gone rogue in my admin days they would just have used a backup from the database, like Rogue15 says.

Ari, Zero and Chris are paying for the servers, so of course they won't destroy it on purpose.

I kinda miss my old position but it was my decision to step down, so I'll live with it. Was it a good decision? I have no idea...

Exactly like the people before me said...i can't stress this enough...

you have to be part of the community...a contributing member (unlike myself :o ), a helpful member, a nice member, with no black stars (unlike myself :o ), a non-spamming member (unlike myself :o ), a good spelling member (unlike myself :o ), and a non-begging-to-be-a-mod member (unlike my old self :o )

did i just unwittingly bash myself in that post:eek:

Archived