Home

Lightsabre Or Lightsaber?

Mex

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you serious? :rolleyes: You are seriously trying to validate this argument against what American sites have to say about it! Do me a favour. The only correct dictionary to reference any word in the English language to is The Oxford English Dictionary.

Sabre

Star Wars and it's merchandise main audience is in America, so of course you will see the American spelling on most of it, this does not however mean that it is the correct spelling. Why is it so hard for you all to understand that the way the English language is spelt is only correct the way we spell it.

just one or two points and dont flame me about them, we're all friends here!:animelol:

Point #1:

Now this may seem weird but hear me out! If u r a Star Wars nut like me and know alot about it you'd know that even though the jedi speak in english in the movies they do have a different language and maybe a rough translation of the language does not add up to good old Oxford english! (whis i agree LeXX, is the only dictionary!) it maybe representing something the jedi say!

Point # 2:

Who really cares if the "er" are inverted or not, some americans (which i am not) may want to spell it that way! but myslef i just grew up seeing it that way, i only just recently saw it the other way! it doesnt really matter all that much be we all know its the best weapon in the galaxy!

^ Agreed with the best weapon bit :D

*remembers he's supposed to be saving money to get a replica one* ...erg x.x

Posted by leXX

I think you are mistaking the words flamboyant and flame Waccy! :D

(hope I spelt those words right! :eek: )

You did... All of them except my name :cry6:

...But dun worry - everyone seems to spell it like that, so I'm used to it :p:D;)

*puts out the fires that Clem the Pyro started and goes about looking for a skin graft and a fire-retardant body suit*

That could come in handy for wading through flame wars, too... Hmmmz... ^_^

Originally posted by Jedi_Monk

Look at the toys, the Prequels' scripts, the books... all of them spell it "er"... that is the accepted way of spelling it in the Star Wars franchise! That's all that matters. It is spelled with an "er", and that's all there is to it.

Jedi_Monk.jpg

You took the words right out of my mouth!:)

Originally posted by Jedi_Monk

Look at the toys, the Prequels' scripts, the books... all of them spell it "er"... that is the accepted way of spelling it in the Star Wars franchise! That's all that matters. It is spelled with an "er", and that's all there is to it.

Jedi_Monk.jpg

No that isn't all there is to it. As I have said, the Star Wars franchise is mainly American so of course it will have the American spelling, but it is still WRONG. It is the English language, time for you to accept that. Changing the letters of the English language around and then saying they are correct is totally arrogant.

Archived