Home

How To Get The Most Out Of These Forums

Paragon_Leon

Aaaaaaaaaaahhhh, yes the great evolution vs. creation thread. That was a really good one. I particularly liked that thread.

Also I remember Rhett's useless info. of the day. I loved those threads. :D

I also remmeber Sci-Fi-Guy. He was the one I believe who said that the trilogy was coming out on DVD last January, on ym birthday if I do remember correct.

And I remember how he got banned. Good thing too. :D

to expand on my points; i reckon that the off-topic forum at least can work like crazy with a few useful and insightful discussions. Also, why not create a few game-based discussions in the GB-game forum where we try to come up with some flaws in the game that can serve as a learning-curve for a possible sequel ?

Originally posted by Admiral

(just curious anyone remember my original name. Dropped it after the merger and kept this one)

Admiral Odin, if i remember correctly. Your title betrays you ;)

Anyways, the problem is, Leon, that the "insightful disscussions" hardly last a day because no one will listen. Whether anything is offensive or not, it seems someone always gets angry and the discussion turns sour. I love debates, but they just never seem to work out very well here or anywhere else on the net i've seen.

It just seems like most of the threads are news articles or some odd thing people saw/read, with only the occasional good thread. I really only ever post in one or two threads anymore, its kinda sad. If it wasn't for Dark Tides (which is a ton of fun), i'm not sure how often i come here. So i definately understand what you're saying, i'm just not sure what your asking. You want old threads to be revived? Some may be entertaining to read, but are long gone as far as posting. Or do you mean start new ones like the old?

Hi everyone - I'm Jais from zee swamp.

I'd just like say your color scheme is the nicest in the whole forum...

...and you seem to be way more serious than the swamp :)

I'll be staying here if you feel like needing some more manpower.

By the by - you can all have a go at the "serious discussions" in the swamp atm: Gun control, Evolution vs Creationism, Animé (good or bad?) etc... you get the picture.

Originally posted by darthfergie

Geez, how many of you people from the swamp have 2000+ post counts...:evanpiel:

....Said the guy with nearly 6000 posts :D j/k

Well, We post. And that's what we do. You should see them crazy wackheads over at RSN..... talk about Spam-mania...

Originally posted by Clefo

There's the fact that Ferg's been around for a longer time than you have Mister...

Now that's true, but you could argue that in 2001, not much posting went on - I don't know though.

I am, however, not a spammer by any means. I don't participate in any of the game threads in the swamp, which should speak volumes.

It depends on how you define spam - over at RSN, the whole place has mostly evolved into small talk, but hey - it's their style :cool:

I just post a lot. If you stop yourself from posting because it's not completely serious or your post doesn't take up 6 paragraphs, I'm not gonna force you. But the forum will appear more alive if you do.

Originally posted by Cjais

Now that's true, but you could argue that in 2001, not much posting went on - I don't know though.

eheheh...nope you don't have a clue:D

Tie Guy- 1000 posts= 5 days

Me- 1000 posts = 11 days (BECAUSE THE SERVER CRASHED AND I LOST 300 POSTS! :p)

BUT WE WEREN'T SPAMMING! *looks around guiltily*

Originally posted by darthfergie

eheheh...nope you don't have a clue:D

Tie Guy- 1000 posts= 5 days

Me- 1000 posts = 11 days (BECAUSE THE SERVER CRASHED AND I LOST 300 POSTS! :p)

BUT WE WEREN'T SPAMMING! *looks around guiltily*

What? We weren't. The situation was alot different back then. Now:

Tie Guy = 300 posts = 2 months

Archived