Home

Securing a copy of "Surfin' the Highway" For X-mas

theholyidiot

Oh, I have been hoping. Unfortunately for me, I only discovered Sam and Max 3 years ago when my friend lent me a copy of it after I beat MI 1 & 2. (yes, I first played monkey island in '99. Eat me. That's a fifth of my life wasted on adventure games now, and I still don't care!) So, yeah. I heard that Steve was working on a new comic, and I was hoping that it would prompt a re-release of Surfin the Highway, but so far, nothing has been heard. Anyone else have more info on the supposed new comic?

Hey, I'm a big SW fan and was telling a kid at school about a bunny in Jedi Knight.

Yes, I knew it was Max from the game, but had no clue it was a comic. I want to read Sam & Max! The characters are so funny!

Is there a place to read some mini-comics online for free to preview the game?

"Is there a place to read some mini-comics online for free to preview the game?"

I'm not sure what you are getting at with that at all... but I'm sure you can find some one page comics around... but not the full stories of the longer ones.

Check Jake's site. (I don't know if he has put them up yet, he seems very slow with anything)

And if all else... I know you might have an easier time just getting one of the four individual issues from somewhere online rather than the collection of these four.

Yahoo Shopping.

Type in the search bar: Sam and Max Collections.

You will have a choice of stuff from Pyjama Sam (a pretty neat game, played it with my little sister once) to Surfin' the Highway. It's soft cover edition, 22 bucks. With shipping and handling, it was about 30 bucks for me.

I'll have my oldest sister get me that and Hit the Road from LEC Store for XMas. I am obsessed with these two Freelance Police! I have been to a bunch of sites reading the few cells I can.

Well, hope that helps!

More likely than not, Yahoo Shopping is incorrectly reporting them as "in stock," as pretty much nowhere on earth has any copies anymore.

As for a bunch of one to three or four page comics, you can read a whole mess of them here http://unofficial.samandmax.net/old/comic.html on my old site. The new one is again massively under the knife, tag-team with Metallus and myself working on it. There's actually content now, but its still hidden away.

• 3 weeks later...

These prices are insane for a few sheets of paper :D

But I'm no collector, of course. Some of the first Spiderman copies are worth a fortune, for example. Kinda weird.

I only have one Sam and Max comic and that's the Freelance Police Special from Comico. Got it off Ebay for a few bucks.

--Erwin

ahh i remember when i got my copy when it first came out at a comic store.. i used to take my comic to school and read it during boring classes.. i got every1 of my friends into sam & max....and back then..i was still waiting for that new comic with the monkey back then too... i also remember waiting for the new adventurer would come out so i could see a new sam & max 1 page comic...ahhh.. those were the days... :p:D

• 3 weeks later...

The people who bid on eBay generally don't have any idea of value anyway. Quite often, you can buy things (that are in stock) quite a bit cheaper on Amazon or Play. Fools.

I hope Purcell sticks out a re-release, because I want to read these things.

Archived