Home

Any good servers out there?

Emma_Babe^^

Hi!

I'm Emma and I've just started to play Online.

I'm a bit confused, though... Just 10 minutes ago I was looking for a good server, and where ever I went, people started to ask me if "was a babe" and/or if I was single. Some people have also said some nasty things...

Is it always like this? Just because I'm a girl I need to accept this kind of behaviour?

:(

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone happens to know about a good server with *friendly* people? Preferably a "stabil" server so you can come back to meet people you've played with before. :)

I'm only playing FFA at the moment, and I'm playing with the nick "Emma". Maybe you've even seen me somewhere?

:)

Anyways, if someone knows about a good FFA server, please tell me and I'll get in there as soon as possible.

Thanks!!

there is a really good server.. actually mine.. you will occassionally get a immature person there or ppl that will attack with saber down or type kill, but they are quickly kicked or banned. The regular people on my server are always there, they play usually between 3-6 hours at a time and dont leave until they start to fall asleep at the keyboard. LAG times are pretty low, between 45-120 depening on your location. if we get the occassional 600 pinger they are kicked to maintain the low ping rates to make game play better.

The only draw back to my server is that there is one difference. My server is between 2-4 times the normal damage through saber. I do this because it makes it more difficult and you need to learn how to stay out of the way of an attacking saber. Makes it more challenging. I usually use the bespin platform map. But you are more than welcome to stop my..

Name if the server is: EmporerCrackHead's Server

My Player Name is {BOSS}

The server is usually on 24 hours but i lost power last night, and it did not come back on till this morning, so it will be on as soon as i get home from work which is 9:00pm EST. Hope to see ya soon.

There are plenty of good servers out there. I would reccomend using a program like Qtracker or The All Seeing Eye to find you online games. its much easier to find and arrange games then, you can have multiple favorite folders and you dont have to run the game to browse for players or servers.

Also, Welcome to the forums! Head over to Yodas Swamp, it our off topic forum, if you want to get away from jk2 for a while.

Im surprised people didn't rush in here yet to offer suggestions...:eek::p

Anyways ya hello, welcome to the (mostly) friendly Lucasforums, enjoy your stay, and May the Force be with you.

I would suggest joining a clan, or playing under a name that doesnt suggest your a female. No offense, but (most) males today kinda act funny and strange when they see a female playing a computer game. :rolleyes:

Also I very good server tracker is QTracker as it produces more servers than the in-game server-finder utility.

Originally posted by Emma_Babe^^

Hi!

I'm Emma and I've just started to play Online.

I'm a bit confused, though... Just 10 minutes ago I was looking for a good server, and where ever I went, people started to ask me if "was a babe" and/or if I was single. Some people have also said some nasty things...

Is it always like this? Just because I'm a girl I need to accept this kind of behaviour?

why even tell them you're a girl? change your name into to something genderless. *shrugs* you're attracting the attention yourself.

btw, if you don't like being called a "babe", then you ought to change your forum id. :rolleyes:

as for good servers... i don't even own the game. ;)

the vulcanus servers are usually nice and calm and the people quite courteous.

now I dont know what you meant by FFA, but if you meant FFA as in Free For All, I'll slash you while you roleplay and your saber is off if I want to, terms I'd stay clear of the vulcanus server since they tend to get pissed of at that :D

You can always play mind games with the immature horny toads.

Tell them, "dude! don't be ghey! this is my sisters computer, I'm just trying it out."

Best way to deal with this is to choose a gender neutral nickname or one that suggests a male (i.e. LordKiller, ikillj00ded, BobVila, BeerBurp, etc) since most servers are unregulated.

if you like Jedi vs sith servers then you might wanna try ours, IP is 209.149.233.136

and if you want the links to all the files on the server go to this post and go to the bottom of page 8, i have a list there of models maps and the current mod on our server. have a good one

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=940958#post940958

[TJO]Gandel[L.Master]

Archived