Home

WIP: Emperor Kyle (from the Dark Side Ending of JK1)

BloodRiot

Well... Im still working on Yun for the DF2: JK Enhanced Mod, but yesterday I was playing JO singleplayer and I use max diffuculty and cheated to have force powers, so i could play with only those and the lightsaber. The Kyle model/skin really doesnt have much of a Jedi look so I decided to make myself a personal SP skin to make Kyle look alot more Jedi-ish.

I remembered the clothes Kyle wore in the dark side ending cutscene of JK1 so I thought I'd make something alike since he looked pretty darn cool in that outfit. So it was let's get to work for me.

While I was editing the original Kyle model I remembered that this model might have a better use than just my personal SP model. After all, there will be a dark side ending cutscene for the mod. So in the end... last day was like killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

The mod gets another necessary detail and I get a model to play SP more to my likes.

Since it's only an edited model and not something made from scratch... oneafternoon was enough and it's done.

All that lacks is a skin. Absath will take over that soon.

Enough words... here he is.

The unchanged stuff still has the original kyle skin while the stuff I added are in colored skinmaps.

Late Yesterday:

dark_kyle_wip.jpg

This morning:

dark_kyle_wip1.jpg

All it needs is the black outfit skin and I have to weigh his face for facial animation. not counting the skin He'll be finished tonight.

As soon as he's skinned I will release him to the public.

Cheers ppl

Excellent. I always thought that the JO Kyle was a bit lacking.

I can't wait for the DF2 mod. I bought the game a few months ago ($15 baby!), and it's pretty adicting. I'm just disappointed that the graphics are of such low quality.

The Emperor Kyle will make a great addition to DF2.

One question. How will you actually manage to get it so that you become either dark or light? I didn't think the JO engine was capable of such intricate coding.

hey it looks great !! .:cool: but i'm curious why did you add somekind of mullet? oh and since it seems so fast for you to change things to existing models is there anyway, if you have time and it isn't too much to ask, to do something similar to the Luke model ? to make a Dark Empire Luke or a Luke like in the first scene from ROTJ on jabba's palace? That would be really cool.

Err.. Mullet... that's the hair thing right? Well... I think that looks good on a Kyle type Jedi. I did start this model as my own personal singleplayer model... anyway... I kept it cuz I think that Kyle didnt became emperor overnight. The Galatic Empire was already defeated in JK1's time. So it's kinda like... a few mounths or something had passed since Jerec's defeat and Kyle was already establishing his new Empire.

If the mod guyz disagree with my assumption.. I will remove it.

On Luke... Well... do youmean the cloak or do you mean that tunic thing he wore over that tight black outfit? maybe both i dunno.

Well... if it's the cloak... all it needs its a hooded cape. If it's the tunic thingy... well... the thing is JO's Luke already has it.. except its only in skin.. not volume in the model. baiscally what you would need my darkside Kyle's torso.. as you can see I have added a tunic... and just keep the rest of luke as is.

Is that what you meant about luke?

Cheers.

yeah i was referring to the hair, it looks like a 80's mullet because it is only longer on the back of the head but it is short on the front, on luke i was referring to the cloak, the tunic can just be skinned, i mean there is already a skin of it, so you would only need to add the cloak as you said, can it be done? or do you have other plans and it is too much to ask right now?, ohh and if on the other hand you decide to make a Dark Empire version of luke it would need a little more stuff, here is a pic:

DarkEmpireLuke.jpg

Alright... Absath is too busy with his personal life right now to work on skins... so while I'm waiting for him... i decided to make a crappy skin just to preview this sucker in game.

Well the results are not very satsifactory..at least to me... but that's only because I suck at skinning lol.

Here's the small preview of an un caped Dark Side Kyle.

in-game_preview.jpg

Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi

Blood i got a little request for ya........

Could u model a version of the DF kyle and ask StarRunner ( i think thats his name :confused: ) If u could use his textures to skin it...... i think that wuold be a good idea......

Hope u do , do this

you could always wait for the model from the df mod.

• 2 weeks later...

Im sorry.. i had to take them down cuz i cleared all of my webspace.

I've appointed the skin to Baena. Absath is working on Yun already and i believe he's got his time cut out for him. So I'll only give him another skin when he's available again.

So I'll post new screenshots once Baena returns with some stuff to show and tell ;P

Well see ya soon.

• 2 weeks later...

hey bro i spoke with baena this morning he's been away for a few day family stuff bro i will talk 2 you later about it dont worry hes still alive not the place here and hes did say something about textures next few day i dont know yet if there yours or grets and if u need web space i got about 220meg free space that for my own use what i dont use i will host any thing u need talk with you 2nite about it laterz

Archived