Home

Um, Elaine is envious of Guybrushes Peni.......

Yufster

Ummmmm now is it just me or you know in MI2 Demo (Which is annoying coz you can't CONTROL IT) when Guybrush meets that woman dressed as LeChuck for the Mardi Gras.... First off... Elaine is a liar if you ask me, for lying about LeChuck. But what i was gonna say was....it went to fast for me to read but it looked like one of Guybrushes suggestions...among 'Anger' and 'Jealousy' was... er..... I'm not sure but....

.......Penis Envy?

I can't phsyically watch the demo again so somebody please....you know.....

...........Penis Envy?

Does he say that in the game too?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I have read through your post for about the fifth time now, Yufster and I still don't get what you trying to say!

You start off with that guard dressed as LeChuck and going on to call elaine a liar about the undead pirate? What did she lie about?

Any chance you could explain in terms a idiot like me could understand as to what you were trying to explain?

BTW- Elaine having penis envy? Never got that message while playing.

No no no, I mean, duh it's not that I don't like saying it, it's just a weird thing to have!!! I have played MI2. The conversation is something like, "Elaine Marley Elaine?" and she goes, "Yes the same Elaine that defeated Lechuck on Melee Island" and he goes "I Defeated lechuck" and she goes, "Why would Elaine lie?" and I THINK one of the options is "Penis Envy" which is weird! I wondered if it was only in the demo.But I can't watch the demo again cuz it takes FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Oh wow so did everybody enjoy christmas? Guess what? I found the last surviving copy of Monkey Island 4 in Gamesworld at the bottom of the second hand bin. I queued for half an hour. HALF AN HOUR. Apparently a lot of people were swapping games and stuff. The dude took ten minutes looking for the cd. 40 minutes in total....

THEN HE SAID THEY'D LOST THE CD, WAS THERE ANY OTHER GAME I WOULD LIKE?

That's my lil monkey rant for the year then. I can't believe it. The queue from hell, and I didn't even get my copy...

No no no, I mean, duh it's not that I don't like saying it, it's just a weird thing to have!!! I have played MI2. The conversation is something like, "Elaine Marley Elaine?" and she goes, "Yes the same Elaine that defeated Lechuck on Melee Island" and he goes "I Defeated lechuck" and she goes, "Why would Elaine lie?" and I THINK one of the options is "Penis Envy" which is weird! I wondered if it was only in the demo.But I can't watch the demo again cuz it takes FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

I believe you're thinking of the Voodoo Lady. He says that he defeated LeCHuck and that "Why would the Voodoo Lady lie like that?"

Originally posted by Yufster

Yeah but you know. You know how things are when you're bored. You know.

You won't believe this. I watched the entire demo. And blinked. I missed it.

maybe it just wasn't there. maybe you imagined it. ever think about that? and you're telling me that when you're bored you watch demos and hallucinat ridiculous innuendos? why not just play the game and forget about the voices in your head?

• 2 weeks later...

I can easily see something like penis envy popping up in a MI demo, knowing the humor styles of Tim Schafer and Dave Grossman.

Penis envy is actually a feminist thing, having to do with gender roles and domination. Whether or not it's actually there in the demo, I can't say, but it definitely seems to fit with Elaine's seemingly gender-bending, dominating (gubernatorial, even) position in society. :)

Yeah, the joke definately sounds like a Schafer-esque piece of humor. While it might not make it in the commercial product, as a joke for those paying close attention to the long demo movie.. yeah, makes sense to me.

Men have penis envy too over the size of other men, but statistics show that Enzyte and Axe Deoderant can fix that. In this case, the joke is geared more towards the female perspective, of course, so the male envy is irrelevent to the topic, unless Elaine is a gay male in disguise. Considering the plot nuances brought up in EMI, that could well be.

Take another perspective. Lechuck is old. There's like a 90% chance he's impotent, and if so, the penis envy is very unlikely.

Originally posted by Faith

i've never ever got a "sexual" vibe from the game like kissing and stuff maybe...

THE SECRET OF MONKEY ISLAND

*guybrush steals a banana and puts it in his pants*

*canibals arrive*

CANIBAL: is that a banana in your pocket or r u just glad to see me?

does that answer your question?

(i know there wasnt a question, i just had to say something to sound smart.)

:D

Originally posted by mercatfat

Men have penis envy too over the size of other men, but statistics show that Enzyte and Axe Deoderant can fix that.

SAY what!!! My childish innocence fades away. :D

I don't want to be gross but how is it possible that deoderant makes your "happy companion" bigger.

Any Way I must say that I think the whole thing is Schaferish joke much like the penis segment in Fight Club.:rock:

Archived