Home

Well what do you know? DOTT *did* make the list

BooJaka

Well....Day of the Tentacle is a great game so I guess it's alright but in my holy opinion there are other games which are way better. I also miss some other games like at least one part of the "Legend of Kyrandia" series, The Dig or Loom.....Full Throttle on #20 and Grim Fandango on #7 are insulting as well.

remember, what it all comes down to is one guy's idea of the 20 greatest games of all time. other people would emphasize certain aspects over others, different from the way this writer did. But I think he did an excellent job preparing each statement and he clearly put a lot of thought into this list. The execution was solid and I'd have to agree with many of his points, both positive and negative (at least for the games with which I was familiar . . . about 13 of them). Give a chance, naysayers :)

His list is okay, it has all the games I'd have put in a list - apart from CMI. The only difference is that I would have only put the following games in since I haven't played the rest. :p

Monkey Island 2

Monkey Island 3

Monkey Island 1

Grim Fandango

Broken Sword

I consider all those games classics and can't really put them into an order, but I did anyway. :p Broken Sword is just there because I liked it ages ago, I haven't actually played it for years.

DOTT is certainly one of the most original adventure games I played. Changing things in the past to solve puzzles in the future, the character switching, the crazy way everyting was drawn...

There are many games that deserve the number one spot and DOTT is one of them. So I can't complain :D

--Erwin

I certainly think that CMI should have been on, if only for the music! It was such a great game, ok ok, as a monkey island game it was... not quite right, but if we view it as a stand-alone graphic adventure its great!

Archived