Home

Hockey

ET Warrior

Basically it is Prospal and Federov for Steve even though I know he would have signed for less than 10 million. Federov better stop complaining about ice time now and score some points since he is now the man.

Osgood actually saved games for us during the regular season. Had a 1-0 game against Nashville where he saved like 34 shots and a lot in the last minutes. Even did well the first 4 games against Vancouver with his only loss at 2-1. First game was a 6-0.

I have faith.

BigTeddyPaul

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone was awful except Weight and Jackman.

It also didn't help that half the team had the flu. Mellanby was out of a game, Khavanov played 29 seconds one game, Demitra was sick, Tkachuk us just the biggest chocker during the playoffs, and Al was hurt which lead to 2 of the goals in game 7. Poor Al.

BigTeddyPaul

Originally posted by pbguy1211

What about Sergei going to the Ducks? I think they'd have been netter off keeping Kariya. Even though Sergei has the cups, I think Kariya was a better fit for the Ducks. Sergei may be too much of a puck hog for what the Ducks need.

the ducks TRIED to keep Kariya, he didn't want to stay there, because Anaheim plays a defensive style of hockey. On the avs he's gonna get free reign to play his style, attack attack attack.

So, no goalie and weak on D.

Correction. A young inexperienced goalie, and still have Blake and Foote for D. RELATIVELY weak on D thank you very much ;)

Originally posted by ET Warrior

the ducks TRIED to keep Kariya, he didn't want to stay there, because Anaheim plays a defensive style of hockey. On the avs he's gonna get free reign to play his style, attack attack attack.

True, but they'd have been better off if they could have kept him. Sergei is going to be a headcase. He just had people in Hockeytown to put him in his place when he needed it. Anaheim doesn't have those type of players.

Correction. A young inexperienced goalie, and still have Blake and Foote for D. RELATIVELY weak on D thank you very much ;)

MY Isles have aVERY young an inexperienced goalie, and a D and some guys who CAN play... but could you please get us a heart transplant? Our team is desperately in need of one.;)

Can't say weak on D for Colorado. Blake is one of the top 6 D. Foote is a pain in the ass just ask people around the net. Morris is an offensive defensemen. After that it trails off a little but I still would not mind that combination. It is not like it is much better around the league on average.

BLUES MUST WIN!

BigTeddyPaul

Oh man......I forgot about Morris.....how could I forget about Morris? I am so stupid sometimes.

So, judging by current team setup right now, any predictions for who's gonna be in the finals this year?

I actually have no idea, because I dont know what shape the East is in this season........I say Colorado in the West, we're just gonna be TOO good this year NOT to make it. But, there are always upsets, like.....every single Western series this last season ;)

My personal probably won't happen biased vote is Blues and Boston. That is right I said Boston. I hope it wasn't the same as last time because I think back in the day we actually faced them in the finals and lost all 4 gams.

Realistically I might have to go for Colorado BUT that depends on how well 4-6 D men play. I am not worried about Ab man or your scoring too much. Those last 3 guys on D who will take up at leas 8 minutes a game are what I would worry about. In the East I think if Toronto gets their crap together they can win. CuJo is a pimp but the team is just dysfunctional.

Black horses would have to be Dallas minus a Hatcher and Philley with the G.

Either way it looks to be a good year. Hopefully it won't be our last.

BigTeddyPaul

East: Ottawa

West: Detroit

I think those are the early season favs. Can't win without a goalie Avs. You guys will remember that soon enough. And Hackett won't be enough for Philly and i don't know if the devs can plug up all the holes this year. Ottawa won't lose a lot of ppl and should dominate again.

Originally posted by pbguy1211

East: Ottawa

West: Detroit

Ottowa will choke again and Detroit cannot match up to the offensive power of the avalanche. Our D will be strong enough and Abeischer will improve through the year. He's got talent, he just needs experience, which we will give him.

Plus I hate detroit more than any sports team in the history of mankind so.....i'm a bit biased i suppose ;)

A lot of people said that Turco couldn't do it too.

While I am not sold on Ab man I am sold on Legace. Legace should have gotten a chance a long time ago.

We will all see in like what 3 months (2 for start and then 1 month in).

EDIT: Concerning Ottawa I am happy to report that they are the Blues of the East. Great regular season and out in the 1st maybe 2nd of the playoffs. The only thing is that the goalie isn't always the problem. I remember 2 years ago when the Blues goalie Johnson had 3 straight shutouts which tied a record and then the very next day Lalime from Ottawa did the exact same thing. He ended up giving up only 2 goals the whole series. Consistent scoring has been their problem while the Blues can't stop the puck but still score 3-4 goals a game.

BigTeddyPaul

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Ottowa will choke again and Detroit cannot match up to the offensive power of the avalanche. Our D will be strong enough and Abeischer will improve through the year. He's got talent, he just needs experience, which we will give him.

Okay, I've got about 3 digs in 1 here. You can't teach a young inexperienced goalie playoff hockey. He needs it himself. And the only experience he's had is when he replaced Roy from the schelackings he was taking from the Wings!

You need to build a team from the net out. You're going the wrong direction. Selanne isn't getting any younger. Kariya despite his one game vs the Devs, doesn't go through the middle of the ice. And you simply need deeper D.

I wasn't saying we'd teach it to him, i'm saying he would GET it this year. Sure, it's going to be tough, but I still think our offensive firepower and our defensive strength will be enough to protect abby enough so that he won't be the deciding factor in our games.

And in his regular season outings he's shown himself to be an able goalie, just young and inexperienced. He'll get the experience he needs this year.

The goalie is almost ALWAYS one of the determining factors of every game! You can't win a cup with a good team and an average goalie. It just isn't going to happen.

Personally I see you guys getting another goalie.

Don't get me wrong, I think you guys are one of the top teams in the west... just not going to the finals.

Who would they get? Felix F*in Potvin? Unless they make a trade for Biron or Burke it won't happen. They don't want to trade what little farm they have left. The farm can be located at Hockey's Future. Having only like three 7s and practically no 6s isn't the greatest.

PL has said he will start and get a shot and I believe him. If about 35 games into it he is sucking the life out of the organization then expect the Avs to pay out the ying yang but right now don't.

Aeb's stats in NHL:

Drafted in the 6th round, 161st overall by the Avs. He was born in 78 and is 6'1. He has 6 shutouts in his career.

2000: 12-7-3. GAA 2.24 SV% .903

2001: 13-6-0. GAA 1.88 SV% .931

2002: 7-12-0. GAA 2.43 SV% .917

Not horrible stats but he needs to pick it up especially after this past year. I wouldn't have complete faith in him but I have enough to think he can get me through the year to the playoffs.

BigTeddyPaul

Well, one thing about the back ups is that they usually get to play in the easy games. they don't play vs the tough teams. and his stats arent for a complete season. they're only for a few games. believe me, i dont think he's bad. just not in the class you need to be in to win the cup.

Depending on who Detroit gets in return for CuJo I doubt they will be the same force as they have been the last few years unless their youngins have great years.

Everyone is older and the only improvement is Hatcher who is a D minded D-man. They lost a 80 point scorer and got nothing in return.

Blues are destined to win. Tkachuk has to score in the playoffs and play 80 games to prove he is one of the greatest players.

BigTeddyPaul

How is he done? How? He has always had a record of better than .500 and he is now with us who pride ourselved on our D. ALL WE NEED IS A GOALIE WHO CAN WIN IN THE PLAYOFFS. That is it. Nothing more. Can't blame him for the loss this past year. He played 9 games for us and you cannot blame anyone, especially a goalie, for changing teams and not winning. There was plenty of blame to go around. Heck the Canucks didn't even score a non-PP goal until game 4. His only loss was a 2-1 loss in game 3 during the first 4 games. Starting Game 5 practically all Blues stunk it up.

Goalies are the only thing we have ever missed. Now we have a proven winner TWICE.

BigTeddyPaul

First, we traded Ozzie because he was done.

Second, he wouldnt even talk about renegotiating his contract.

Third, Papineau is a one way player and isnt physical. That said... he looked like LaFontaie a little to me. He has great hands at least.

We shall see my friend. Maybe an online game of nhl 2004 will settle this sometime! ;)

I don't think so. I hate all forms of gaming hockey. They suck. They are too easy once you know how to score. I read some stuff about the new ones about GMs and I might look at it but right now no way am I buying an hockey game.

You will see how good Pap is in 3 years when he reaches true potential.

Hmmmmm Keep Osgood and his full contract or trade him since we are going to lose him and have less than a 1% chance of winning the cup if we do keep him?

Only 9 more months of pure sweat, injuries, and goals will prove one of us right.

BigTeddyPaul

Archived