Home

Weird habits

Dark Warrior

What are some of your weird habits

When I get up out of bed every morning I make my bed, unmake it, have my breakfast, go back into my room, make my bed, unmake it, and make it again.

Another one I have is when I turn on the t.v. I will go to channel 3, then to channel 52 before I start flipping. I dont check what is on 3 or 52 I just switch in a really fast motion.

These habits I don't even notice I'm doing during the day it's just a part of my daily routine.

What are some of yours?

- I always clean my teeth in a particular sequence; start at the on the top and bottom 4 rows of the teeth (left bottom, right bottom, left top, right top), then do the back 4 rows, then then front 4 rows. Then I do the back of my incisors, and then the front. Each clean lasts for exactly 4 seconds.

- I always open my curtains right after I turn the light out to sleep.

- I can never get up on a school morning before 8am...ever...

- When I write on lined paper, I write in the spaces, not on the lines.

- I scratch the back of my neck when I'm nervous. I don't notice myself doing it either, it's involuntary:)lol

*never answer phone if doesn't display either no. or name

*always gets up 10 minutes after the alarm

* Always says what!?! whenever someone asks me lame questions or is pissing me off

* I NEVER make my bed unless ive guests

*I wait to the last minute to do things

Originally posted by Lime-Light

I talk to myslef a lot, and I always have to have something in my hands, fidgiting or drumming it on something and whenever I turn my conputer the first thing I do is turn on media player

Ah, yes I do this too. My teachers, friends and family always get annoyed with me. I am a drummer and am constantly tapping out drum beats with anything imaginable. I use pencils and actually have a newfound skill at playing drums on a desk because I can find high pitched sounds and low pitched to make a cool sound. Sadly noone else thinks its cool and I get detention sometimes for doing it in class. This is a habit I need to break but it proves to be useful at times when I need to practice and don't have access to a drum kit.

I always like to hum and sing to myself, I always seem to be drumming on something with my hands (my desk, my lap), whenever I'm eating pizza, I take off all the meat (except for salami) and save it in a big pile. Once I've eaten the rest of the pizza, I eat the meat in one h00j bite and chew on it and savor it for a while. I also do that with the skin when I'm eating chicken.

Yep, I'm pretty screwed up. :crazy:

Originally posted by RoguePhotonic

...uhhh...you make your bed..rip it apart again...eat...make it...take the blankets off and then make it again...and you don't notice your doing this?..:eyeraise:

lol I know, it is weird. But it is something I have done since I was around 8 or 9 and I never really stopped. Now I always do this naturally and I don't feel right if I don't make my bed, unmake it, eat, make it, unmake it and make it again. It is just a strange habit I have. I'm sure there are stranger.;)

Whenever I get a piece of paper in my hands, I always have to draw something on it. It cannot be left without me leaving my mark on it.

I very rarely draw something discernible, it's mostly just boxes, triangles and weird jagged lines. It's completely unconscious most of the time. I'm starting to think it's a compulsive behaviour.

Other than that, I don't think I have any habits.

Originally posted by Cjais

Whenever I get a piece of paper in my hands, I always have to draw something on it. It cannot be left without me leaving my mark on it.

I very rarely draw something discernible, it's mostly just boxes, triangles and weird jagged lines. It's completely unconscious most of the time. I'm starting to think it's a compulsive behaviour.

Other than that, I don't think I have any habits.

Wow that is weird because my dad does the same thing. No matter whats hes doing at the moment... if he sees a piece of paper he will draw boxes and lines on it... it freaks me out to :)

Originally posted by Reborn Outcast

If it helps you any I... uh... well... I guess I don't have anything wrong with me. Oh except once I ran into a coat rack when I thought I was going outside but instead I walked into a closet. :D

lol I have had a similar experience but it's not a habit (thank god).

When I was at my friends house in Toronto (his house is pretty big by my standard), I had to go to the washroom. I ran right into the door I thought the washroom was in but instead it was a very small closet. I fell down, knocked my head, got buried by a bunch of coats and hats and then my friends dad found me. He laughed for about 5 min straight and my friend took a picture cause I was stuck in the closet. All this for wanting to go to the washroom.

My worst habit would have to be my constant picking, prodding, and grooming of my really bushy goatee. It feels like a steel wool but at the same time has a fleecy feel to it. It's really something else, when I think I pick and pull on it to somewhat like Obi-Wan does in ANH with his beard. For some reason I always pick at my teeth to when i'm alone, it's another one of those wierd subconscience things that's hard to kick.

Whenever I'm going to sleep, I rub my feet together. I guess it's not that weird, my girlfriend does it too.

I cant not take a shower in the morning. If I go outside and have to do things without taking a shower in the morning, I'm a surly, grumpy, grouchy bastard. I hate the feeling of unshowered-ness...

I wring my hands all the time. I have callouses on the backs of my fingers from it. :D

Originally posted by Cjais

i do that too. and not only do i do that with paper i also draw on school desks. i've always get in to trouble for that cuz everybody knows i'm an artistic student and knows my style of drawing so when somebody sees a desk full of drawings they know its me.

its like that movie idle hands. once my hand is equipped with a pen or pencil it just thinks on its own.

I have a habbit of playing tune on my teeth with my fingernails. I'm actually really good at it and can do 98% of the songs i know. :)

Another one i have is the urge to Reach out of things and feel it with my pinky. i don't know why but i just do :)

Originally posted by ShockV1.89

Whenever I'm going to sleep, I rub my feet together. I guess it's not that weird, my girlfriend does it too.

Ya I do that too when I'm in the sack. A lot of people do that I don't know why? Maybe it's got something to do with tiring out our minds faster, that's a little theory of mine, there's gotta be some reason for it but I've seen lot's of people talkin' about this one lol, glad u brought it up Shock.

Archived