Home

Tear Jerkers in The Two Towers?

Boba Rhett

Did any scenes really pull on your water work strings? I just had the pelasure of seeing it for the fourth time yesterday and I find some scenes totally catch me off gaurd every time and I find myself having to hold back tears. :indif:

The four scenes that stick out:

1. When the village woman is putting her son and daughter on the horse and telling them she'll find them. It was mushy so I was kind of expecting it.

2. When Grima Wormtongue is talking to Saruman and they go out on the balcony and see the thousands upon thousands of orcs and the camera goes back to Grima who has a tear rolling down his cheek. This one cought me off gaurd. The feeling I got from it was that Grima then finally saw where the lines in the sand had been drawn and where exactly he was standing. I'm not saying that he felt bad about his choice though.

3. When Aragorn, Theoden and some assorted men rode out on horses. Wow.

4. When the camera pans out showing the Riders of Rohan spewing into the canyon as the sun breaks the crest of the hill. Wow again.

I went with my brother in law and he was blown away. :) He said it was the best movie he had ever seen.

I have never cried for about 4 yrs, but here are strong "emotional" points:

1) The mum and kids scene.

2) Whenever we see the terror the Uruk-Hai inflict on Middle-Earth. I always think: "Naaarggghh! Those bastards!"

3) When the trees kick ass.

4) When Gandalf, Theoden and 2000 Riders Of Rohan arrive to kick ass.

5) Sam talking to Frodo while the trees and Gandalf kick ass.

:D

Archived