Home

My new PC.

GUNNER

So it was time for the GUNNERdog to build himself a new kickass PC so he could play all the new games in 1600X1200 with all the goodies turned on max so I picked me up some new hardware...

I started with an Asus P4PE mother board , added a P4 1.8A chip, a Leadtek GF4 Ti4400, 512mg of Corsair XMS DDR3200 but used my old (6 months) 80G HDD and SB audigy xgamer. I did get me a Lite-on 48x24x48 burner for Christmas so that's new as well.

now here is the cool part. So far I have over clocked my chip from 1.8 all the way to 2.7ghz. Now is that kick ass? I think so.

:cool: <------Me.

Warning: detailed specs...

AMDXP2100

ASUS333 DDR

256MB PC2700 333

LG DVD 16x

CD-RW 40x12x40

IBM 80GB 7200RPM

ASUS V8420 GFORCE 128MB AGP TI4200

SBlive 5.1 DOLBY DIGITAL

1.44 MB FLOPPY (YAY!)

350W USB/SPK/MIC output SILVER

TB/XP FAN

10/100 Tbase NIC

LOGITECH internet navigator USB keyboard

MS wheel Optical

LOGITECH Z560 5.1 THX Speakers

LG 795FT 17" FLAT .24 1600x1200 Screen

HP laserjet 1000 printer

:cool: Hail to the king, baby !

I have the Utlimate Gamer's PC and I don't even play games anymore! The last game I've played was "Vampire: Redemption" about 2 months ago... I should try and finish it sometime. And I havn't used my burner yet.

BTW, I got this computer on the 10-09-2002

But it is still only a dumb machine, I don't worship it or anything.

Here is the rest of my stuff.

470W Power supply

Creative 52x CD

Sweet little floppy

cheiftec case with 5 fans and a window with a red cold cathode light

19 incher

HP 2210 printer/scanner/copier/fax

Creative fps2000 speakers

black belkin keyboard and red Alienware 5 button optical mouse

all rouned silver cables

nothing but Class. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Kylilin

Hey GUNNER, how much did all that hardware run you? I was thinking of putting together my own PC instead of buying one from somewhere...

You will ALWaYS get a better deal if you put one together yourself. Plus you know exactly what your getting...

The chip was $143

Mobo was $130

GF4 was $189

80G HDD was $92

Case was $59

PS was $50

CD rom was $40

sound card was $80

Ram was $180

All that is $960 and change. Not bad for a comp that will run at 2.7ghz. The chip is comparble to a $250 2.53ghz unit.

I got over 13,750 on the mad onion 3Dmarks. If you buy all your parts on line there is no tax and I can usually get most of it will real cheap shipping as well.

The ram is Corsair XMS which is top notch and will run at 2-2-2-6.

With my FSB at 150mhz the ram is running at 400DDR.

The P4PE is a real nice board as well. and Leadtek make awesome cards. Let me know and I'll tell you some of the best places to get stuff. If you don't already know..

I got a Leadtek Ti4600 vid card. Pretty sweet.

It's funny though, I haven't installed a single game since I upgraded to XP.

I'm actually using it now more for work, of all things. :rolleyes:

I hope to start building a new PC by the end of the year. This one's 2 1/2, and starting to show it's age.

First, I GOTTA get the house networked though, and soon.

Hey Jabba, 45° C for a Athlon XP is not bad at all. As long as it doesn't hang, or you don't smell anything bad, what's the problem? My system runs with a Thunderbird 1400, with 3 casefans it still hits 62° C stressed. Never had a problem with it. Even better, I don't need heating in my room anymore :D . CPU's can handle at max 90° C, so you've nothing to worry about. Just make sure you keep the temperature below 80°, to account for the measuring error.

How do you measure the temp, BTW?

Archived