Home

Does age matter in relationships? I have a problem...

Reborn Outcast

The girl I liked I knew since I was in second grade. I didn't really start hanging out with her until 7th and 8th grade. I really liked being with her and went out as friends with some other people a few times.

She is one of the 3 people from my class to have gone to the same high school as me (I had 13 other kids in my class, went to a Lutheran school so not a lot of people there...)

I never got to see her there because it was so big. She is in my English class this year, but I don't hang out with her anymore...

I don't hang out with any girls any more, so therefore it's kinda hard to get a girlfriend it I wanted one. I guess hanging out with girls at school is all I do...

Despite the point you made earlier Darklighter, about you gaining experience, I'll still wait a couple more years....

Originally posted by Darklighter

Yeah I do agree with you Rp. But at this age (teenage years), not many people are looking for those they want to marry. Dating seems to be almost a hobby to some people now though. And I think the reason why a lot of people at this age rush in with the 'hugs' and 'kisses' is because there is a lot of pressure from social expectations of today, including peer pressure. A lot of people feel obligated to do things, and get carried away in it. Sex is also an extremely controversial and popular subect nowadays, and young people are being persuaded to do it at a much younger age than before.

Like 10. :p

Originally posted by obi-wan13

If the person you like is older, then it's ok.

It's not like you are 15 likin a 10 year old. That would be just wierd I guess.

How is that true? The person that they like that's older just falls into the second category (the weird one) you described.

Don't even say it's ok because he's a young guy and she's an older girl. If it was an 18 year old guy with a 15 year old girl they'd be calling the cops.

There's some good in working up the courage to overcome your shyness, guys. Even if you are nervous, just walk up, say hi, and introduce yourself.

Get to know each other a little bit. That's probably the best solution I know.

It's like a first time noob who doesn't have friends on these forums. You just got to go in to someone's thread and say "Hello!" Stuff like that. See what I'm saying?

age is only an issue if its an issue to the two of you.... or the police hehe.

some ppl may frown upon what you're doing but they shouldnt be a problem, my parents have an age difference of 12 years, in fact they met when my dad taught her in university, doesnt matter at all now though.

ppl might look down upon you alot more if the ages were reversed, if the male was 18 and the female 15, but generally speaking they shouldnt have a problem with your situation. you both seem to be nice responsible people though somewhat unexperienced in some areas, have fun, enjoy being young because it really wont last. (listen to me i sound like an old man not another teenager).

you may want to caution yourself from getting too attatched though, if shes already 18 then she may not be in highschool much longer, and if she should move to a different city for university then that can be a real pain. long distance relationships with highschoolers tend not to work well. so have fun and be at ease, dont obsess about the future but dont ignore it either.

just....be....you...

Hey, its not that I don't talk to girls, its just that all I do is talk to them at school. I don't have any really good girlfriends, just a few guy buddies, you know?

I know plenty of girls. I know them pretty well, but I could never ask them on a date. I first of all, wouldn't know how because I am so shy. I am also not very social... Really gotta work on that.

Its kinda funny. I talk so much to my friends, and can't to strangers. Yet I have no trouble telling you all this... :confused:

Originally posted by obi-wan13

If the person you like is older, then it's ok.

It's not like you are 15 likin a 10 year old. That would be just wierd I guess.

Yeah, that would be really wierd since it would be pedofilia (I think.), if you like a 10 year old that is.

I dont see the big problem in her being older, but she prolly want more out of the relationship as said b4 I did.

Its your choice though.

-Clemme

Here's one way that'll help you with the how , katarn07. Write out what you want to say, practice with someone a couple times, and then, when you feel you are ready, just go out and ask the person you wish to date. That should help you a bit with your being shy.

It's as simple as talking with your friends. Let me ask you this:

What's the worst thing that could happen if you just ask the person, whether they are a complete stranger or not?

Originally posted by Reborn Outcast

But someone jus told me that a ton of juniors would go out with me if I was older. :( I guess age does matter to some....

Sorry to ask, but what are "juniors" compared to you?

Older?

Younger?

Do you have "seniors" as well? :p

Archived