Home

Would you legalize HEMP if you knew it does...

SPY_jmr1

THIS!!! http://www.hempcar.org/

if you knew the FACTS(which by the way, that site lays out very nicely, with sources provided) about HEMP, would you overturn the ban on it in the US?

once again, the site is http://www.hempcar.org/ and if you're going to argue a point, please provide a source/quote/something that we can prove with. your brothers buddy dave is not a good source!

have fun!:D

forgot to mention... how about if you could use this to GET THE HELL AWAY from Bush's IDIOT hydrogen car plan... besides the fact that it IS explosive(it cant spontaiously combust, it needs a source), but that the bush plan uses element #1 thats cracked from crude-oil... the easiest source of the stuff... hydrogen does not form in nature... you can get it from oil, or from distilled water... in water's case, the energy you need to split it is the same as you can get from the result...

so the "clean" hygrogen car plan is a hidden dependence on mid-eastern oil still...:rolleyes:

I find the site confusing to navigate... Too many pics and too little text on the front page, IMO. Could you sum up why you can't just use any other organic material for it?

Oh, and the hydrogen fuel-cell car isn't such a bad idea. A quick search on http://www.sciam.com came up with a score of links. I didn't check all of them out, but I'm pretty sure that you'd find it interesting. The big problem with fuel-cells, of course, is that car-companies may use them to "greenwash" their gas-guzzling cars.

BTW: Ethanol can also be used to fuel cars. In Brasil they grow loads of sugar for this purpose. Saves the need to import gas, of which as much as 25% is used up by the very transportation to the gas-station.

You know, there's a society at my school dedicated to the legalization of hemp. They say it cna do all sorts of things, and they're probably right. I was curious, I went to one of their mini-rallys. Somehow, I wasnt surprised to see a mob of bleary eyed stoners. And their real motivation became clear.

Still... this hempcar looks promising, and if they actually USE the industrial hemp they claim they'll use... I guess I'd support it.

if you legalize hemp, people are going to smoke it. and when people start smoking it, they're going to smoke it in public places. and when they smoke it in public places, they're going to be smoking it around me. and that could make me high, which is something that I do not want.

another thing, if you legalize hemp then the crack addicts are going to want crack legalized. as will all the other drug addicts. the legalization of hemp is just one step closer to an outcome that can only be inauspicious.

If you legalize wood and iron, people are going to make axes. When people start using axes for cutting wood, they're going to cut wood outside my house. When people cut wood outside my house, they could end up throwing their axes through my window and I'd end up with a fractured skull.

I don't want wood and metal legalized.

Hemp is a material. A very strong one, at that.

Cannabis is a drug.

Yep, C'Jais is right, although THC is the drug found in Cannabis, Cannabis is not the drug itself:D. Hemp and Cannabis are two entirely different things. They are both the same plant, but different varieties of it. The subspecies of plant used to make hemp has a very low THC content, and as such, will not get you any higher than smoking a banana peel(Yes, Banana peels do actually contain THC). The fibres of it however are very strong, which is why it's great for making things such as ropes, clothing, etc. The variety grown for smoking is used because it has a high THC content, but it in turn has a low fibre strength. Two different types. You can't smoke hemp and become high. Well, technically you could but it would take a HELL of a lot, and you'd probably throw up before you actually got a "buzz".

Also, hemp is illegal in the states? As in totally illegal? That's just plain stupid. I live in Canada, and we're pretty anti-drug in our own way, but I own hemp rope, and I have clothing and hacky-sacks made of hemp. I went through like five hacky-sacks before I bought my hemp one, but this one has lasted me for over a year so far. It IS strong stuff, and it is useful. Marijuana I'm not so keen on, but I'd rather see them decriminalize it like they're planning, instead of spending my tax money on sending people to jail for it. Go after the drug dealers, and after people who are selling crack and ecstasy to 15 year olds and what not. Actually, here in Canada it's not an actual "law", more like a rule of thumb, but generally if you have less than 3/4 of an ounce of marijuana on your person, the cops just leave you alone(If it does become decriminalized like they're planning, this will become a true law). 3/4 of an ounce is considered for "personal use" and not enough to be useful for trafficing, so they'll just let you go. The cops up here have better things to do than arrest kids for smoking a joint:rolleyes:

*still can't get over the fact the HEMP is illegal in the states...*

yes, hemp is ILLEGAL in the states, on the concept(FALSE) that hemp products will give test results that you cant tell from marijuana results...

lets not even get into the fact that poppy seeds have the same source as haroin...:rolleyes:

hemp rope is top of the line, and its a much better product then soy, nutrent wise.

its because you can make PLASTIC out of it, the dupont corporation lobbied to have it banned...

makes a lot of sence, yes?:rolleyes:

If the growing of hemp was restricted, say to someone with a permit, or even government farms, it wouldn't be that big a deal. Everyone who is growing pot right now will still be growing pot later, and the yield from a hemp crop at a licensed farm could be monitored. Anyhow, a 20 acre farm of hemp is gonna be crap to smoke, 'cause no one is gonna put in the work to make sure it grows to give you a good high. As opposed to growing 5 plants, which would be much easier to maintain.

A good reason for growing hemp isn't just about the durable fibers and oils it provides, but with the plant itself. It is very adaptable, very hardy, and can grow in almost every part of the U.S. If legalized, it would become a large cash crop in almost every state. That would be good for everyone.

If growing hemp for it's fiber, when the fall equinox comes the season would be over and it would be time to harvest. When there are more dark hours then light hours, the plant stops growing and starts producing buds for reproduction and to drop seeds for next season. So, you harvest the plant before the buds bloom, or when they do, and there goes the theory about getting high from the plant.

Originally posted by SPY_jmr1

yes, hemp is ILLEGAL in the states, on the concept(FALSE) that hemp products will give test results that you cant tell from marijuana results...

Isn't that odd......my friend owns a hat made of 100% Hemp, and she bought it legally in Estes Park in Colorado......hmmmmm.......

I do agree with that. And also, marijuana is like most other things in life. If your stoned constantly it will eventually ruin you. If you smoke a joint every other weekend it wont hurt you much. It definately wont hurt you more than smoking a pack of cigarettes a day which is completely legal and far too common.

I say either they legalize pot or ban cigarettes. Either way i'll be happy. (i loathe cigarettes while i like pot.. strange i know, makes me lose some credibility i guess)

Originally posted by Murdoch

If you smoke a joint every other weekend it wont hurt you much.

It's a common mistake to belive that.

. It definately wont hurt you more than smoking a pack of cigarettes a day which is completely legal and far too common.

It hurts you in different ways. You can't just go ahead and compare cannabis with tobacco.

Leave it up to the people to decided whether they smoke hemp or not. If you dont like it, dont do it!!

:( Do you know why bank robbery is illegal? Because the goverment don't want you to do it. Do you know why suicide is illegal? Because the goverment don't want you to do it. Do you know why cannabis is illegal? Because the goverment don't want you to do it.

The logic of "If you don't like it, don't do it!" is flawed. If you absolutly want to murder someone, then no one can really stop you, can they? So by that logic, it would be if you don't like to murder, then don't do it. But what about the people who actually wants to?

yesterday i read in a newspaper in brittan marajuana smokers injected 6 billion pounds in to the economy just on sales, which they think is saving the economy now, and also 120 million pounds in Fast food sales. also more people in the UK smoke weed then go to church, walk the dog on a sunday and go out for a meal on saturday nights. wierd huh?

Well it wasn't a direct comparison between tobacco and marijuana. It was between someone who smokes a pack of cigarettes a day and one who smokes a joint once a week.

I do agree it hurts you in a different way but in the end it all depends on the amounts. My point was that tobacco has quite a damage potential as well as sever addiction yet is perfectly legal.

Archived