Home

ForceMod 2.0 - Dual Pistol screenshots

Azymn

Originally posted by Azymn

I'm hesitant to put a date up on the release b/c i have very little time to work on it. But it's about 95% done.

Azymn.

can you give an update on how your forcemod2 is coming along ?

I would be grateful if someone would email me the latest beta version so I can help beta test it.

my email address wayne.rutter1@ntlworld.com

Thanx in advance

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's not too late to make a suggestion, I think a nice feature to add would be a cvar to allow for realistic sabers or the current saber abilities. I've seen much disscussion all over the forum concerning the issue of one-hit-kills with the lightsaber( realistic ) versus a more forgiving multi-hit-kill system.

This seems like a good middle ground on the issue since the server could determine which system to use and more people could enjoy this great Mod however they choose.

I really enjoyed the changes you implemeted in your ForceMod v1.0 Beta and look forward to the upcoming version. I hope you consider this suggestion as a possibilty.

Thanks!

PLEASE. Any real player will know instant kill is the true way. Not meaning a nick of the saber would kill, but a clean slice should always kill, and dismember.

g_saberdamagescale 4

FORGET MULTI-HIT system

OUT WITH changes for the game, IN WITH MOVIE REALISM!

The point is admins do not excercise this capability and many do not know about it. If we default to it, all can enjoy it.

I can't believe skilled designers do not know enough to make the saber lethal, and remove sparks and other non-movie projectiles! Thank god for phunk.

Maybe it's because we're too busy working on more important features than removing sparks. It really doesn't bother me. :p It's only a small code change anyway.

I've already done lethal sabers by default in MotF. It's the poor hit detection that messes things up. I'm currently working on that.

Smood,

While you know I agree with those ideas, please don't raz on other modders man, especially not involving my name.

I know that could sound a bit two-faced, since I can get over-excited about a topic too sometimes, but I have apologised for the times I have...

These are talented guys who know their stuff. If they choose to do or not do something, that's totally up to them.

And Razor's absolutely right. Getting rid of the spark effects was trivial. So trying to incinuate it's hard to do only makes me look bad! lol

Please, let's keep things civil...

And let's get back to discussing Azymn's fine mod :)

Totally agree Razor.

It's Ok to voice your opinion and disagree with a modder - even strongly disagree. In fact I welcome negative feedback just as much as positive. The negative feedback is actually far more helpful - although the positive stuff is, of course, more pleasing!

But a minimum amount of respect is required for people who are working hard to bring new stuff to your eagerly awaiting hands - free of charge no less... ;)

Hey man, just sharing the love ;)

*Damn, he doesn't keep the advanced saber collision code in his back pocket...!

Hmmm, I think checking the front pockets is probably going too far!*

Anyway, were gonna get accused of thread hijacking again.

...shall we get a private room? :D

/me hopes I know how far to draw out a joke...!

Heyyyy, I have a random forcemod question. You advertise dual pistols...If I have two pistols, do they fire independantly, and can I "fire-link" them? In other words, can I alternate firing them, and in effect get one blaster that fires twice as fast, or can I fire both simultaneously, and get the effect of one blaster that does double damage, or do they just act like a single Bryar?

Razor you have grosely misinterpreted me, and it seems renegade has followed this misinterpretation!!!

When I said skilled designers, I'm talking about the makers of JEDIKNIGHT! I'am talking about RAVEN, and ACTIVISION!

I'AM NOT talking about the modders of the community. The modders are completely different, and are not a part of my argument whatsoever!

Anyhow awaiting mod azymn.

Originally posted by wedge2211

Heyyyy, I have a random forcemod question. You advertise dual pistols...If I have two pistols, do they fire independantly, and can I "fire-link" them? In other words, can I alternate firing them, and in effect get one blaster that fires twice as fast, or can I fire both simultaneously, and get the effect of one blaster that does double damage, or do they just act like a single Bryar?

I was told that the blasters Alternate in fire by a reliable source. This is of course extremely desireable! Think of jango in ep2!!!

Alternate is good...but then, firing two fully charged Bryars at once...that's a quick kill! THere should be a command that players can bind to a key, which switches firing modes. Think of the X-Wing series, sometimes you do want fire-linked shots if you need to deliver power immediately.

Switching modes would be great, but if only 1 had to be chose, it should be the alternating. Lets face it, dual blasters is all about style, and all about jango.

Alternation is the best way to use dual weapons of any type... I refer you to MATRIX LOBBY SCENE! It would've have been half as good as it was if neo DID NOT alternate each gun. Its pure style, and is amazing.

Smood,

S**t man, sorry I took your comment the wrong way!

Gotta say, you had us ALL fooled! But you can see why we would have thought that's what you were saying - right?

But again, apoligies.

Meanwhile, I'm going to try and invent a new form of written communication where misunderstanding isn't possible ... lol :)

Archived