Home

ForceMod 2.0 - Dual Pistol screenshots

Azymn

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: those are some nice pics you have tasmic

Thanks Lord X, i took the shots myself, there are more at the bottom of those two pics, if you click on the link, i'll try to upload more as i get some better pics. ok?

Also like blic said, i got a pack which comes with 3 weapons:

-Jango's Pistol (replaces the bryer pistol)

-Zam's Sniper (if you don't know which weapon this replaces, you

shouldn't be playing Jedi Outcast ok? ;) )

-Clone Cannon, used by the Clone Troopers (replaces the

repeater)

You can get the pack here:

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=9744

Anyways, since ForceMod let's you use two blasters........well i think you get the idea :p

Azymn, ForceMod 2.0 is sounding great!

I just have a few questions:

Did you ever get the selectable pistols thing worked out?

Will it be possible for people (or bots) to play as a shadow trooper (i.e. dark force power plus the cloaking ability)?

And will the grapple have any effect on the players in touches (i.e. freezing or a force pull/knockdown effect)? If so can bots use them for that purpose?

Thanks. :D

Padawan_7

Answers from what I know and the first beta.

1) If you are referring to different pistol models and skins like the lightsaber hilt selecting, then no. This has been added to a list of possibilities for version 3.0 if Azymn does a version 3.0.

2) Interesting idea but I don't think it's possible. Force powers are like a contrast to merc equipment. You can't have both, therefore cloaking and force powers won't be avialble at the same time.

3) No idea, grapple isn't fully functional in the first beta.

mort!!! - probly leaving the flame fx as they are so i can focus on other things.

Padawan_7 - bliv's right - not yet (if ever) to all of the above.

MasterKoon237 - no, not yet. :)

zERoCooL2479 - i'll be sure to let you know. :)

For those of you who don't know, zERoCooL has offered solid and tested code for admin commands to save me the time of writing my own buggy equilvalents :) . If not by beta 2, the release following will have them.

Originally posted by Azymn

Yes, but AJL has a point in that it may cause some balance problems. But we'll keep the option open as a possibility...

But i didn't mean that faster blaster bolts causes balance

problems... (although they may cause...)

I meant that when you make them fly faster (especially if

you make them fly MUCH faster) it sometimes causes that

game doesn't render them at all (because they exist so

short time...) and faster speed may also cause that

they clip through things...

I've already implimented faster bolt speeds. They never clip thru objects due to the way the missile code runs. However, since the bolt is rendered per frame, at higher speeds the bolt will seem to skip a little bit since the speed of the bolt is going faster than the server frame rate.

This mod is starting to look very nice. Are there any Beta Testing positions still open? If so, I would like to beta test, my email is craig@navas.net (i believe i emailed you once, i cant remember). Also, will this mod have RPG options like Omnimod 2.0 did? I found that helpful when RPGing and such.

Also, will you be able make it so that if your enemy is in your crosshair and they use lightning on you, can you catch it Yoda style? If not, is it possible to make it absorb into the lightsaber? Just wondering.

hey it looking to be a great mod, I liked the first one alot which I have a few questions about the second release. Will it have an admin system(maybe a better one then Omni) also will you be able to switch guns like an imperial baster and a missle launcher? I would also like to beta test Force Mod 2, if you have any openings for beta testers.

AOTJ_Craig - There won't be RPG stuff in this mod - it's focused on combat.

Vairtis - Umm, i think the files are forcetick0 - forcetick9, look for them in the menu folders (i can't check right now).

Zappa_0 - the final release will have an admin system.

I got the Beta(thanks Mariners2001)and was wonderin how you activate dual guns, and the grappling hook? Or are they not in the Beta?

Look in the menus.

Azymn,

I read over in the beta testing thread about a concern with bots not designated as a Jedi or a merc. How do these bots act?

I would prefer them to act the same way they always do (using all of their allotted weapons with no force, no sabers, and no merc gadgets). These type of bots would represent the Lando's and Han's out there. :D

Archived