Home

Why LightSide? Why DarkSide?

DC | Dark Luke

When you`re playing regular JO-MP (no mods..), what do you preffer, the Lightside or the Darkside?

If u wanna add the pros and cons of both sides fell free to do it.

Personally, i preffer the agressivenes (?) of the Darkside, i like the offensive force powers than the deffensive ones of the Lightside.

Maybe my opinion change whent time passes and i become a better player with more knowledge, i`m just a new-b u know:p

What do you preffer?

SAlu2

I prefer lightside.

Darkside is much better if you want to rack up quick kills. I experimented with drain+lightning for some time and there's no way a lightsider can keep up with that in a saber only FFA.

Lighside has absorb, and that let's me pretty much do whatever I want (especially since no-one can pull my gun). I don't have to worry about getting murdered by force powers.

Actually, absorb, pull, push and seeing is all I use. but then again I suck, so you might not want to follow my advice. :D

Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ

I don't usually use the aligned powers much, I stick with the neutrals.

Wha? That would be speed, jump, push and pull... unless you're talking about JK1... :D

Dark is better because of 3 things. Lightning, rage and grip. But light has some good things like absorb and... well... and... lemme think about it. :D

The latest combo I like is mindtrick x3 with the saber off plus kicks. When you shoot or swing the saber with mindtrick on it deactivates. But kicking does not deactivate it. So you can kick and kick and unless they have their force powers set to see mindtrick you can kick em to death very easy. I have kicked dozens to death just in the last few days, Gotta be light side to do it.

Iam working on a kick + kickkill video right now :gunleap:

I play dark side all the way.

And i do not spawm drain and lightning like many ppls do.

But i use grip alots.

VS light jedi or dark jedi dosnt matter for me they still die quick. Abosrb or not.

I use kick but i do not spawm it ... i use saber alots to.

Alots of combo actualy who some are realy deadly :) ( my secret )

I'd prefer lightside.

The force powers I'd use are jump,absorb,pull,push and speed.Other than those,I'd use no more.

Absorb is quite useful for me.Whenever I meet people(mostly dark side),you should know the effects.

Push.I always play in maps with lots of bottomless pits,so it's kinda useful.I don't know for you though...

Pull.Lots of people use guns during ctf,so,you know what is my natural reaction?

Speed.Useful for flag-runs.

Jump.Also useful for flag-runs.

Originally posted by griff38

The latest combo I like is mindtrick x3 with the saber off plus kicks. When you shoot or swing the saber with mindtrick on it deactivates. But kicking does not deactivate it. So you can kick and kick and unless they have their force powers set to see mindtrick you can kick em to death very easy

I didn't know that! Oh boy, Griff... that's just eeevil! :D

Think of all the poor helpless n00bs out there who don't use seeing...

*Evil Grin*

Originally posted by Luc Solar

Think of all the poor helpless n00bs out there who don't use seeing...

...oh man....i feel so supid:(

Yeah, i never use seeing...but i don`t do it becouse i don`t play against competitive players...my fiends suck:D...the only thing i have to do is a lighting-pull-backstab move and thats about it:D

SAlu2

I normally use light side because of mindtrick and absorb. its funny to see a noob sit there and lighting you as you hack away at him with absorb on. I've only used darkside on promod because the mercs are super powerfull with the flatchet cannon so I use rage to rush at them and slice them in half.

I actually like using both. Depends on what I feel like doing.

I like mindtrick-kicking a lot. I like how absorb will keep me from being pulled to death on levels with pits.

I like grip-kicking people that annoy me. I like draining them so they can't use any force. I like the unbelievable cap times speed-rage gives you. I like how lightining can steal other peoples kills so easily and get more people pissed at you (more grip-kick people if you know what I'm saying).

It's a tosser... I usually end up switching between sides a lot.

I started out prefering dark, which I feel is easier for beginners (I think light requires more strategy). Now I like both and I choose on the gametype. In CTF, though, I wish you could combine, like Kyle in SP because You want rage for escaping with the flag or mindtrick to somehow, if lucky, sneak into the base (rarely succesful). I would much like it if there was an option to be able to integrate light and dark other than jedimaster and holocron.

Morally, I don't have a favorite, for I feel that the force powers do not decide whether you are good or bad. It is how they are used. The jedi keep there ways of the force as a religion. The dark side, to them is blasphemy. In his rage, kyle nearly kills Tavion with grip; the dark side. Luke understands this and proves that this does not make him a bad person. The association arizes because as people become angry, they become aggressive. As their anger leads to the will to do something bad, such as murder, they use their aggression, the dark side. The anger leads to the "evil". The anger also brings aggresiveness and so the often case is that, as they turn to evil, they turn to the dark side of the force. Their bad acts are thought to be thought to be caused by the dark side, but the dark side is merely a byproduct.

Now, as I ponder why I went into that deep post in the first place, as it seems that it would belong in another thread, I summarize that I feel that they are both equal, practically and morally.

On the matter of kicking, when I first realized how effeective it was, I used it all the time against bots (didn't want to get a bad reputation by spamming it on human players.), but something that can win a match without a single swing or shot is a dishonorable, if comical way of winning a macth and I avoid overuse, but its great to relieve the stress of daily life.

lightside in 1.03

darkside in 1.04

If you're using lightside, you're really prohibiting yourself from the chance to ever be a decent player. Mindtrick only works on morons, kicking w/out pulling only works on noobs and absorb is the biggest waste of a force power, period. Before my "retirement," if you even thought about using lightside in a duel/ffa match on the sf server, you were gimped. Anyone with half a brain and some experience will manuever around someone w/ absorb then pounce the second it's off. To play conservatively, wait for absorb to expel, tap drain, do a quick ptk (80% knock down), either tap drain and kick for another knock down or throw at them while they're down. Repeat this process a second time and you've won... it's pretty simple, folks. Do not use lightside, please. You're wasting your time and the time of the person you're dueling.

Absorb is more of an annoyance than an actual obstacle in 1.04 dueling.

I will admit I have been caught off guard a couple of times with the speed+absorb rush/kick heavy swing that a couple of people do but the problem with it is if you don't catch me off guard and score a knock down on the first few seconds after you activate it you pretty much just cost yourself the match.

A Light player low on Force is someone about to be put in spec mode.

Lights would not be so bad off in 1.04 if they had a way to stay alive and defend themselves when their Force is nearly depleted like Darks do with Drain.

The cost of Heal is simply too high and it returns almost nothing.

A lot of times I let Light players hit me with a throw-pull-kick just to make them deplete their Force even faster.

Level 1 and 2 lightning are the easiest ways to make them empty their pool.

Just hang back and “jab” at them with quick burst to make them activate it over and over.

HAHAHA!

Yeah ok.. I know what you're going through.

It's like being MJ (either one) and wanting to have a nice quiet lunch in the park without those damn hordes of fans and paparazzis trying to get a piece of you... :D

Ummm...or whatever.

Archived