Home

Luka's Revenge: Sequel to Hunt for Teraytiro Rodiar

Katarn07

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"unfortunatley no..but i overheard some1 talkin in a bar near hear said u were looking for him. he....he...im sorry. im not sure i want 2 talk about it"

waylander crumples 2 a heap on the floor and begins to weep.

"ill be alright, just carry on with watever u were doing"

"lika....killed my wife, about 17 years ago. i swore an oath to pluck his measily eyes from his face and cut of his fingers before killing him. just like he did to helen."

waylander stands up and brushes the tears from his face

"sorry for bothering you with my petty problems. will you allow me to travell with you?

Topshot and Katarn07 part ways to their ships. Katarn07 climbs aboard the Sable Dove. Wra'fo greets him, "Hey Gunny. I got a message here from a Brad Mereel..."

"Who?"

"I dunno. It just says to watch your back. It says don't trust anyone but your green skinned friend."

"And Zo."

"Actually, it he does say that the people not to trust does include the human girl."

"What the hell does he know? She helped the NRI and us out on that last case, and I'm sure she'll help us on this one. What about Topshot and... Where'd that other guy go? I didn't even catch his name."

"Hmm. I don't trust him already. Topshot is the brother of Bond, whom Klai Finn has told me so much about. I trust him and Zo. But this message... Should we tell Zo?"

Katarn07 thinks it over, "No. That guy is full of crap. Son of a Gundark has no clue as to what the hell he is talking about."

Katarn07 storms from the cockpit and retires to his quarters after yelling to Wra'fo to take off.

Wra'fo does so and sends a comminique to Zofire that reads: Follow us and the X-Wing. Keep radio silence. Gunny is really pissed.

After entering the cockpit of his personal X-Wing, The Dragon King, Topshot was immediately greeted by his silver-tinted R6M3, the most advanced astromech to date.

Programmed with an internal voice box, R6 happily welcomed his master back to the ship.

R6:"Welcome back, Master Topshot. How was the interview with

Katarn07?"

Topshot:"Quick. Rodian scum attacked us, we blasted 'em."

R6:"Oh my!"

Topshot:"Yeah. I know. Received any information yet on this

Teraytiro Rodiar guy?"

R6:"As of yet, I have no such information. I do, however, have information on this Katarn07....."

Topshot:"Cut the talk. I know about him already. My brother Obi Bond worked with one of his agents, Klai Finn."

R6:"Do you.......trust him?"

Topshot:"Yeah. If he's a friend of Klai Finn, then I trust him.

Anyways, prepare for take-off. I'm getting tired of this

chatter......"

R6:"As you wish, Master........."

And with the request for take-off processed, Topshot had taken the precaution of adjusting his safety strap and sent a fax for the coordinates of where Katarn07 may be heading......"

Topshot whispers to himself,"I have a feeling this is gonna take a long time to complete an operation this big........"

Wra'fo sat behind the controls of the Sable Dove as he moved out of a traffic lane and opened a channel to his comrades, "Our first lead is in the industrial sector. A dealer was captured two days ago and leaked some info about a warehouse where a client had set him up and took his merchandise. It seems there are some people after the drugs. My job is to stop them. Luka will want to as well. As long as he has the drugs, there is a chance he can get Gunny in his sights."

He lands the ship and both he andf Katarn07 get out and await the others' arrival.

Wra'fo narrows his eyes, "We've met."

Katarn07 takes out his PDA which is beeping indicating some new info has been uploaded to it.

"Hmm. This shall come in handy. NRI has sent me... something that should come in handy."

He hands the pad to Wra'fo who nods at the good news, is about to pass it on, but Katarn07 intercepts it, "I'll take that."

He avoids eye contact with Topshot and Zofire after denying them access to the new info. He turns to Wra'fo, "Well. Intelligence says the drugs were in a warehouse... a klic from here? We'll look around there. The gang that hit Luka's men couldn't have taken all the drugs in one visit."

They set off to the warehouse.

Upon arriving, Katarn07 enters first and is immediately shot at by a human on a catwalk in the shadows above. The blast hits his mecanical arm and does not injure him.

"Go! I'll cover you!" He yells as he rips out his saber and ignites the yellow blade.

The shots for the most part are deflected, allowing Katarn07's party to get cover in the warehouse and point their own weapons at the mysterious attacker. Before they can attack, the man is gone. But before doing so, a datapad drops from his belt.

Katarn07 runs over and picks it up. The thing is aged and rusted, some mold is forming over an emblem on the back. He wipes off the residue with a finger to see a Bantha Skull, the same symbol on Zofire's necklace. He puts it away before anyone arrives to him. He turns to them, "Alright. We should begin to search this place for the drugs."

After landing the Dragon King next to the Sable Dove and the Slave II , Topshot had received Katarn07 commands, but had to question his motives for not giving out any data.

What's he planning? Hmmm, that question puzzle me at the moment........

Topshot:"Alright, let's begin. R6, scan the area for any active activity."

R6:"As you wish, my lord......."

A constant beep noise flutters on as R6 performs an Area Scan. After the beeping stopped, R6 has received the information.

R6:"Sector 6! Go now!"

Topshot:"Right. Waylander, Zofire....... take R6 with you. I'm heading to Sector 6! Report any information you find to me through R6's internal Commlink system!"

Topshot rushes off to sector 6 and awaits for further information from R6 and Waylander.

The party is searching the warehouse when Wra'fo finds a trap door leading to a cellar. He goes inside to find 4 crates scattered about and some white powder littered on the floor. He picks up a datapad to see there was originally 3 dozen crates there.

He frowned, "Jeez, Gunny. Whoever hit this place took no time in daudling. They got almost the entire cargo!"

There was an awkward pause. Katarn07 shouts up the tube to the others, "Hey, come on down, guys!"

Wra'fo speaks, "Do you think that guy that tried to kill us was returning for the loot?"

"No. I know who he was. He was..."

The rest of the party entered, and Katarn07 spoke after a breif pause, "He was an assassin for Luka. Not to great; sloppy work. We'd best search for some evidence."

Katarn07 finds an amulet on a rare chain and shows it to the others, "What do you make of this?"

"That's Corusca, Gunny. It is found in the Yavin system and a few mining operations on the outerim. Very rare and valuable."

"What is this metal?"

"Looks like... white gold. Also worth quite a bit around these parts."

"We'll take it and the crates to NRI HQ. We'll have Ding's men track down some locations for Corusca gems. Mines, dealers, whatever it takes. We have to find those drugs before Luka does."

Two assailants jump into the cellar, blasters drawn, "He may not need those drugs, buddy. I think we'll be getting that hefty bounty. Kill them!"

The Trandoshan and femal Twi'lek attack. The Twi'lek strikes a resemblence to the hunters that Zofire had killed on Nar Shaddaa (see The Hunt for Teraytiro Rodiar by NeoVenom).

The party is forced to take cover behind the crates and the Twi'lek rushes Zofire and points the muzzle of the blaster in the girl's face, "This is for my sisters, you Womp!"

The Trandoshan covers the blue Twi'lek and manages to hit Waylander's shoulder and Katarn07's biological left arm. Wra'fo is out of reach of his blaster.

The Twi'lek begins to pull the trigger.

*Dings CO visits him*

Commanding Officer (CO):You busy?

Ding: no, not really.

CO:we got a job for you

Ding: what is it?

CO:help Katarn07 and his party out

Ding: Already on it, he's raiding a werehouse right now

CO: I mean physicaly.

Ding: well, it's my first mission.

CO: we know that, but you haven't exactly set the world on fire yet.

Ding:i'll take it, nothing to do here anyway

The Trandoshan retreats and Katarn07 runs to Zofire, "Are you alright?!"

The girl is ghost white, but has not sustained any physical injuries. He motions to the others, "Let's get outta here."

On the way to HQ, Katarn07 contacts Topshot, "Hey, meet us at the following coordinates."

After showing the group the HQ, he goes to the lab and meets with Jan Ors. She smiles, "Hey, Gunny. We have the lab results for you."

"Great. Why are you in this department?"

"Ding asked me to be here. One of his men in feeling a bit under the weather. I took his place as computer tech. So, shall we?"

"Yeah. What'd you find out?"

"That Corusca has been refind with another rare element, much more rare than Corusca gems. It is called Harmonium. It is found on Ord Katrassi, a small Remnant Colony...."

"I know the place."

"You do?"

"Yeah. You know Klai Finn?"

"Oh, right. He's from that place. I hear he just took out his brother's organization?"

"That's right. But it was weird. He tells me it seems that nothing was accomplished. He met a foe there; Force sensitive. He was after Klai..."

"Hmm. Well, I'd keep an eye out for him because you'll be heading for the mine, several thousand klics from Takara's base. Located in the heart of a hospitable region known as the La Diabla Badlands. You guys can start there. Alright?"

"Yeah, but we better get some rest tonight, don't you think guys?"

The following day, the ships begin to land in the purple rocked desert known as the La Diabla Badlands.

Katarn07 and Wra'fo exit the Sable Dove and see the other two ships land. Off in the distance is a mine shaft enterance. Katarn07 awaits Zofire, R9, Topshot, and Waylander to exit their own ships to discuss what they will do.

R6 pilots the Dragon King (now dubbed the Swift Falcon) to the coordinates Katarn07 had programmed into R6's data bay.

Topshot is still sleeping when his holo-clock alarm goes off.

"Wake Up! Wake Up! Wake! Wake........"

His fist broke the clock into a trillion tiny pieces.

"Annoying clock........"

Katarn07 shrugs, "Not sure Zo..."

He turns to the mines, "We probably should look around the complex and mine shafts. We need to find some evidence of this gang and if the drugs are here. If not. We need to find out where they have it. We need to do all that before Luka's men do."

Luka sat in a chair in his office when a monitor began to flash. He keyed a switch, "What is it? Oh, it's you. What news do you have?"

A voice responds, "I had him at the warehouse, but he pulled out a saber! I had to get outta there..."

"Quite alright. I understand. Did you track them?"

"Of course. I planted a little something for them to look out on the outer rim for the drugs."

"Oh? Fascinating. You will get the credits after I set an ambush for them."

"They are on Ord Katraasi."

"I will have my men get Katarn07 then. Farewell."

Topshot:"R6, has Ding or Katarn07 sent any urgent messages I should know of?"

R6:"As of yet, still no information. Though I have intercepted what looks like Imperial code........"

Topshot:"What the.......? Show me!"

*R6 feeds the information into Topshot's synthetic left hand (the one concealing a special blaster), giving him the information.*

Topshot:"This doesn't look good for us, R6. Shall we inform the

others?"

R6:"It would seem like a good idea to do so.........."

Topshot:"All right..........."

*Opens commlink communication with Katarn07 and the others.*

Topshot:"Katarn, they've put out a warrant for me and my brothers, Bond and Zehro. They're saying we put those drugs on the market! The ones you were talking about. What's it called again?"

Archived