Home

Luka's Revenge: Sequel to Hunt for Teraytiro Rodiar

Katarn07

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Wra'fo, you take them all into the mines. R9 and I will look around the complex. I can use his sensors to be sure there are no traps set up for me there. I am sure there is likely to be some sort of struggle."

Zofire, Wra'fo, and Waylander leave for the mine shafts while R9 and Katarn07 head for the complex.

On the way, he gets Topshot's message. He looks around, "The NRI has called it 7687. I forgot the official name... We'll finish up here and then head to your location. Where are you?"

Topshot has no time to answer because Katarn07 comlink is blown away from his hand. A man in old white, plastoid armor stands before him with a blaster with smoke coming from the end. He smiles, "Hello there. This will be easier than I thought."

R9 begins to shriek, but a well placed bolt blows R9's top off. Katarn07 crouches to examine the wreck. R9 had had reinforced armor. The blaster used was super powerful and obviously illegal. Katarn07 puts up his hands and is redirected aboard a ship that the man leads him too.

"Who are you?"

"I was a Lt of Jabba the Hutt. When he died, I went to work for Takara. Then Rodiar. I was fired, and have been here the rest of my life, but now work for Luka. I have been behind Rodiar's bnack for years now..."

Katarn07 feels a dark presence nearby and furrows his brow as he fingers his saber hilt, concealed from the man's view, "You wouldn't happen to be Force-sensitive, would you?"

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I am... I haven't used a saber against a single well trained opponent. Except one. He killed me..."

"Killed you?"

"Yes. Don't think of life in such 2 dimensional terms, Katarn. I practice Dark Arts of the Sith to keep me alive..."

"Who killed you?"

"A friend of some NRI agent named Klai Finn..."

"You're the 'Darkman'?"

"I guess so. Shut up now, and let me do my job."

Darkman takes the ship off the planets surface.

Wra'fo listens to the conversation on his comlink, "Wow... I can't believe it."

He looks to Zofire, "I installed a comlink into his saber. Pretty handy I think. I'll look for the drugs. Go get Gunny. You know I'm no good as a fighter pilot or in a fire fight...."

Zofire sprints towards her ship, but before heading towards the ramp, she sees that R9 has been shot. Luckily, R9 armor saved him but it sustained damage. Zofire helps R9 on the ship and contacts Wra'fo.

She says, "Does Gunny have a tracking device of some sort or is there any way for me to track him? Oh wait, I can still see the ship from a distance."

Zofire then starts up her Slave II and takes it off towards the direct of the ship that Katarn07 is on.

Topshot:"Katarn's commlink must be inactive for some reason. R6, give me the last whereabouts of where Katarn was headed."

7687, he thought, Hmmm.......

R6:"Ord Katrassi."

Topshot:"Katrassi, eh? That was the last world my brother was

on when he was helping Klai enact revenge against his

brother. It was also the location where Klai and my

brother had faced a Dark Jedi that could drain the

powers from almost anything. I wonder if he found a

solid a lead......."

R6:"One other thing.......he's been captured......"

Topshot:"What?! By whom?"

R6:"Sources indicate that a man in plastoid armor had lead an

unknown Dark Jedi to Katarn's current location. The rest

remains a mystery........"

Topshot:"This Dark Jedi , did he have a name or anything?"

R6:"Yes, the very same Dark Jedi whom your brother and Klai had

fought 4 years ago. His nickname was......"

Topshot:"Darkman, I know. Listen, set a course for Ord Katrassi.

It's finally time to the finish job of which my brother

couldn't......"

R6:"Right away, as you wish master....."

The Swift Falcon goes into overdrive, rocketing away from Pyr Sector.

Katarn07 saw the Slave II from the port window he was next to and looked back to Darkman.

He smiled, "What kind of armor you got there? That's no stormtrooper armor..."

"Actually it is. It was the Republic Stormtrooper uniform used during the Clone Wars. I fought during the war..."

"Really?" Katarn07 said, "You escaped the Jedi Purge?"

"I was fighting for the Empire. I was one of the Dark Jedi under the military genious General Mohc's division."

"Mohc?"

"Yes. General Rom Mohc, the man that was killed by your host years ago when he destroyed the Dark Trooper project."

"I didn't know he commanded Jedi in the Purge."

Slave II is closer now, and the conversation Katarn07 has started is distracting Darkman.

Darkman nodded, "Yes, he did. He fought alongside of them until the Emperor replaced him with his apprentice. He was the man that inspired me to be what I am..."

"Did you die in the War?"

"Too many times to count. If it were not for the healing powers of the Sith Lords, I would be another casualty of the War."

"I see. So..." Slave II has been picked up on sensors. Darkman spins to see the ship approaching, "Hmm, I had no clue Zofire accompanied you."

"How do you know Zo?"

"I just do. Buckle up. I was hoping I was not going to have to kill her so soon."

Darkman turns the ship and aims his ion cannons at Slave II and fires. Slave II is disabled. Darkman smiles, "This is tooooo easy!"

Receiving contact from Zo, Topshot put his ship into more than overdrive, going beyond speeds that no other ship could handle, and arrived just in time to see her ship blow to pieces.

No! he had thought, Her ship's self-detonation has been activated! I better do something drastic!

He then puts on a space-breathing utility and quickly swims away to her ship, carrying an extra space rebreather. For some reason, he could not sense her life signs........

I hope she survived this...... he wished silently, You'll pay for this sin, Dark man. You'll pay dearly for this.........

He gets back to the ship before using the Force to toss a tracer onto the Dark man's transport carrier. The tracer goes into a stealth mode.

Topshot:"R6, how's the tracer working?"

R6:"Successfully, though I'm afraid they're bound to find it sometime......"

Topshot:"Don't worry. I install cortosis shielding and yslamiri blood into all my devices!"

(Out of Character: Wait a minute, ion cannons can not set off the self-detonators of anything, they disable all electrical circuits...thus shuting off self-detonators. Plus, Zofire's ship doesn't have such a thing. What I've heard of, no ships have self-detonators. You can like fire shots at like the enemy's ship to distract him, thus preventing Darkman from firing shots at the Slave II. I'll post after you post..if I misunderstood what you typed, then my apologies :D)

Originally posted by Darth NeoVenom

(Out of Character: Wait a minute, ion cannons can not set off the self-detonators of anything, they disable all electrical circuits...thus shuting off self-detonators. Plus, Zofire's ship doesn't have such a thing. What I've heard of, no ships have self-detonators. You can like fire shots at like the enemy's ship to distract him, thus preventing Darkman from firing shots at the Slave II. I'll post after you post..if I misunderstood what you typed, then my apologies :D)

OCC: Neo's right about you doing that. I am GM, but I'll allow this to happen, just cause I really don't wanna wait for the corrections. I have come up with a SWish explaination...

Katarn07 watches as the Slave II begins to shake violently. He feels soething is wrong. He couldn't sense Zofire. He frowned.

Darkman shook his head, "She's alive, I assure you. My powers are clouding yours. She won't be for long, however. I planted a virus in her electrical circuits so that my ion cannons would overheat her power grid and cause the ship to implode. It will be lessened int a pile of scrap soon..."

"There's no way she can get out in time?"

"No. And your friend that went in there to get her won't leave alive either."

Katarn07 continued to watch the ship. Its hull plating began to bulge under the pressure of a building implosion, but then it stopped.

Darkman frowned. Katarn07's brow furrowed and he shouts to his captor, "What happened?!"

"I don't know..." Darkman looked at the sensors and sees Topshot's ship. He fires several shots at its sensors and disables the scanners temporarily and Darkman jumps to hyperspace, heading fro Coruscant.

Wra'fo wiped the beads of sweat from his forehead and wiped of sweaty palms and turned to Waylander, "I did it. It wasn't easy, but I did it. Zofire would have been killed had I not shut down her ship's electrical systems. There must have been a virus in there that ion cannons triggered. Gunny's captor must have planted it there. They're fine. We have t find that evidence and find a ship to leave this planet. They will save Gunny, I am sure..."

A moderate impact of ion blasts hit Topshot's ship.

Topshot:"It's lucky that the Swift Falcon has 3 layers of anti-ion coating. The blasts dented it, and the scanners would only be temporarily disabled for 5 minutes, so what can I do?"

R6:"Hang on, I'll switch the scanners to auxiliary power. That

should allow for less recovery time........"

Topshot:"R6, what would I ever do without you?"

R6:"You'd be dead if it weren't for me!"

Topshot:"Only 3 more minutes until the scanners reach optimal performance. Guess I'll just have to wait here, since that last blast disabled my auxiliary and main hyperdrive engines for 7 more minutes......."

After R9 fixed the electrical circuits, Zofire takes a deep breath and says to R9 "Thankz R9. For a moment there I almost lost my life. I wonder what happened. Did you did something R9?"

R9 whistles and beeps in response. Zofire then thinks for a while.

She then contacts Wra'fo through Slave II's comm system, "Wra'fo, come in Wra'fo. The ship that Katarn07 was aboard on went into hyperdrive."

"I figured they get away, but I had to help you out fast. I think I have found something. There are logs in the computer about a warehouse on Coruscant. I think this location is just a refinery of Corusca..."

Wra'fo leaves the complex with his companions and looks to the sky where Slave II is coming into view. He talks to topshot, "Be sure to get Gunny. Zofire will pick us up down here and we will investigate the warehouse I found."

Topshot:"Don't worry, Wra'. I'll bring him back alive! R6, how are

the hyperdrive systems doing?"

R6:"Any moment now, and they should be ready to take off

whenever you feel you are ready."

The engines send a beeping noise to R6's data bank.

R6:"They are ready, but the scanners are still offline."

Topshot:"Can you hotwire them?"

R6:"I can try..........Hotwiring them now! Should take about half a

moment."

Whirring and whizzing sounds can be heard as R6 re-wires the scanner system. Finally, a chiming noise sounds off, and the scanners are at full efficiency

R6:"They're working now. The tracer has located them at point 87AU9XF5 on the planet of Bandomeer!"

Topshot:"Good. Wra'fo, meet us at the Kass Empire Crime

Syndicat base on Bandomeer. They must be taking him

there!"

Wra'fo runs aboard the ship with her, "Here are Gunny's coordinates. We're going here though, to this warehouse... The drugs are there."

Katarn07 and Darkman sit in silence until a datapad falls from Katarn07's pocket. Darkman gets it before Katarn07 can and rubs the grime off the screen and snarls at Katarn07, "You found this?!"

"Yeah, at the warehouse when you tried to kill me..."

"I would have too. So, you know who I am now?"

"I know you know more about me and Zofire than I had thought..."

"I know more about her than you do, Katarn. Let's just say I have had my eye on a few people in the galaxy. Your friend Klai Finn is one of him. He is Force-sensitive, you know?"

"No, I was unaware of that..."

"He doesn't either. I also have had my eye on your friend Zofire Fett..."

"What's so special about Zo?"

"Her last name. It gets me thinking about the whole Fett/ Mereel heritage."

"Mereel?"

"You know Boba's real name, Jaster Mereel?"

"No... Does Zo?"

"Yes, she does. She just learned of her true heritage a few days ago..."

"That pad you took away from me had that family tree on it, along with some orders from Luka."

"Well, I was unaware I dropped this. I am afraid you'll have to sleep for the rest of the trip." Darkman takes out his blaster and stuns Katarn07 and returns to his piloting.

As Slave II travels through hyper space, Zofire gets a message addressed to her.

Zo,

I saw you were attacked, but had my own "clients" to deal with at the time. I hope you are all right. I know I am late with this message, but I have been busy. I have checked in at NRI HQ and they told me you were coming back to Coruscant soon. I thought I might help you and your friends out a leg of the journey, and then possibly take you to Concord Dawn to meet the rest of the remaining family. Respond ASP.

Brad Mereel

Wra'fo gets topshot's message and responds, "Sorry, you are on your own there. We will go to Coruscant to Luka. That is where he will be delivered. I am sure Gunny's captor is trying to throw us off. Do your best in getting him there though and update your progress when appropriate."

Zofire sends a message to Brad Mereel.

It reads as the following:

I think it would be great to have extra help. After we're done rescuing Katarn07, I will go with you to Concord Dawn to meet up with my mother. My real mother....

Zofire then says to Wra'fo, "We are almost there. We are a few clicks away from Gunny's coordinates.

Topshot:"Figures. At least we can part both ways for now. I will

head for Bandomeer, while you go Coruscant and do

your thing. I will send both you and Ding whatever

information I may find. Good luck, and may the force be

with you, friends. This is Neo Rogue Commander

Topshot, signing out."

He turns off his commlink and heads out from his private air base in pursuit of Katarn07 and Darkman.

R6:"Perhaps it will be necessary if we bring along a couple allies."

Topshot:"That may be a good idea. I believe that we should

along the way, just in case he releases a fully armed

battalion of Kass Troopers. We'll have to radio and hire

Neo Rogue Squadron, sometime along the way........"

R6:"Perhaps your brother, Seph?"

Topshot:"Maybe so, but he's just a rookie pilot. We'll need my

other brother Bond to help us. Hopefully, he can contact

Katarn's buddy, NRI Mercenary Klai Finn and fill him in on

the latest information."

R6:"I will send a transmission out to NRI HQ and the Bond &

Havoc Sniper Academy. What would you like me to say?"

Topshot:"Tell 'em Katarn's been kidnapped, and that we need

some information on 7687 and what it can do."

R6:"Will do, sir. Processing transmission now........"

Klai Finn sits behind the controls of Katarn07's alternate ship, a YT-1800 Celphi called the Savrip Strike.

He recieves the info from topshot and responds, "I'll be there in less than an hour or so. This bucket of bolts is fast enough. I have filed a report about 7687 and got limited info on it. All I know is it controls the mind. Katarn07 said that he knows someone called jokemaster that he is a victim of the drug and has no memory of the death of Rodiar, the mastermind behinf 7687."

Finn takes the ship into hyperspace toward Bandomeer.

Katarn07 awakens in a small chamber in a warehouse. Luka is standing on a catwalk above him with Darkman beside him. Luka turns to his associate, "You have another job to do. This was only the first part of my assignment to you."

"I know. The girl escaped. They have more help than they did when they were after Rodiar. They had Katarn07's back. I had to do everything in my power to get him here."

"Well, get her by the end of the week. If you don't..."

"I will. I planted some coordinates in the mining complex's computers. She and her green skinned pal should arrive soon. Also, I sent his possesions to a friend of mine's at Bandomeer. He said he'll take care of anyone that might be tracking him."

"You're more resourceful than I had expected. Get to those coordinates and get her here..."

"They've got plent of friends in the NRI. I am sure they will be meeting some there. I am only one man..."

"You have been killed many times before in your existance. This is no different. You can use your death as a way to mask your presence."

"Hmmm," Darkman nods, "I think I have a plan..."

Wra'fo, Zofire, and Waylander arrive to the coordinates. A ship is awaiting them and Brad Mereel appears. He runs to Zofire, "I got your message. So, we're looking for some drugs? Shouldn't be too hard."

Wra'fo frowns, "That is the first part of my mission. I've got a friend to save, afterwards."

Brad nods, "Well, I'll help if Zofire still wants to. We'd better..."

Blaster fire erupts from the empty warehouse and Brad falls to the ground with a wound on his back, "Get down!"

Wra'fo pulls Zofire to the ground and covers her. Waylander falls to the ground, unconcious.

Finn arrives at Bandomeer and meets topshot as he unholsters twin DL-44s. He nods, "You're the brother of Obi-Bond? This isn't going to be easy. Are you expecting any more help, or should this be done in a stealth matter?"

Zofire quickly takes cover from her ship. She then says to Wra'fo, "Quickly, take cover."

Zofire then takes out her modified Disruptor rifle, and peeks around the corner. She quickly takes cover again as shots barely missed her head.

(Out of Character: Since Zofire looked around. How many people are there and like what are they?)

Topshot:"Yeah, I sent a message to Bond too, but he's busy with

another matter. I'm still waiting for a reply from our

other, much younger brother, Seph."

Three heavily armored Kass troopers appear behind Topshot's back. He knows that they are behind him, but is testing Klai to see if the stories were true.......

Klai nods and responds, "Well, Bond is enoguh, but any other blood relatives is good as well."

He looks around, "So, where should we go to start looking for Gunny?" He doesn't wait for a reply, but instead holds up both blasters and firesd shots at the enemies and downs one. He must use supression fire to keep the rest at bay. Once they begin their own attack, Klai takes cover behind a crate and continuously fires at the armors' weakpoints. He downs one more, but is forced to reload.

Klai is picked up by the Kass and hurled to the ground. He moans aloud in pain and trys to pick up his blaster, but it is crushed by the attacker. He then places the heel of his foot in the Kass's groin and downs his attacker. Scrambling for his other blaster, Klai is allowed enough time to fire a single shot between the Kass's eyes.

Klai wipes off some dust from his outfit and turns to topshot, "So? Where should we go to start coordinating our plan to rescue Gunny?"

Zofire is able to see 3 attackers from some windows of the warehouse. They are all Rodians, most likely Luka's thugs. There are more attackers, but have complete defilade from any attempted attacks Zofire might try.

Wra'fo drags Waylander and Brad behind Zofire and looks to her, "Secure that warehouse! I'll make sure these too are alright!"

Wra'fo rips open the mens' shirts and frowns, "This is not good at all..." He supplies some bacta patches and puts them on Waylander, the more seriously wounded man. Brad hisses through clenched teeth, "I'm fine! Let him have them... Zofire, I know you will be able to get that warehouse secure. Act fast."

The Rodians continue their attack, and all reload at the same time, giving Zofire an oppurtunity to make her move.

After meeting Klai, Topshot had some information as to where they should start.

Topshot:"There's a weapons storage unit in an abandoned military armory near the Kass army base. It should provide us with any kind of attack modules. It is also the base of an old battle droid factory that makes improved versions of the old Trade Federation battle droids that attacked Naboo. We should start there....."

Luka sat in his chambers and awaited for a reply from Darkman's friend in Bandomeer.

"Ahh, Luka. I have just gottne back from... buisness and got your call."

"Yes. I am sure your friend has informed you of your company?"

"Yes, yes he did. Don't worry. They are no trouble to us. He said he knows one of them from a previous encounter, and he is a formidable foe. Nothing my army can't handle though..."

"Army? Few dozen guards is more like... And if your friend was defeated by these guys, they must be good. I want you to be sure they don't leave your place alive!"

"Don't worry. I have an ambush set up for them. While they deal with that, there ships will be... disabled."

"I am head of a large criminal organization too; you can cut the crap!"

"Fine. I'll destroy their ships and ensure no friends of theirs can arrive either."

"That's more like it! Contact me when you have their heads on your desk..."

Luka shuts off the computer and contacts Darkman.

Wra'fo takes out a thermal detonator and throws it at the warehouse. He takes Zofire by the arm and pulls her along, "No time for sniping them, we'll pick them off as we work our way to the drugs..."

Zofire turns to the others lefty behind, but Wra'fo frowns, "Brad is dead. He took quite a few hits. Waylander won't last much longer if we can't get him medical attention within the hour. That means we must work fast."

Darkman takes out his comlink, "What?"

"Are you in position yet?"

"Yeah, just got here. It seems they have already gotten into the complex. They won't be leaving. I have rigged her ship with a few dozen thermal detonators that will go off if they attempt to take it off the hangar deck. Her droid is... out of commision as well."

"You destroyed it?!"

"No, I know you want that too. I used a Ion Pulsar Blaster on him. His power couplings are also in my pocket."

"Good. Remember, I want her alive."

"It looks like only the Rodian got in with her. What of him?"

"Do as you please with him. Kill him if you wish."

"Alright. Wait, I gotta go. They're on my level now."

Archived